Injury Report: Tanner Glass - (MUMPS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
And has won a board battle this season.

I've literally never seen Glass come away from the boards with the puck. EVER.

He just hacks at the puck like a wild caveman with a club. He had a big hit on Morrow last night though! Really gave the team a spark!

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't think Fast has been too impressive himself but to even insinuate that Glass has been effective in any way whatsoever (with the exception of one play v. Pittsburgh) is laughable.
Not insinuating anything. Merely pointing out that Fast has not really been any better.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Why are we comparing a 22 year old defensive winger to a 30 year old who has been among the worst players in the NHL over his career? Fast gets so much unwarranted hate because AV scratched Duclair for him. He is a really solid prospect, who should be playing over the scum on the 4th line.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Why are we comparing a 22 year old defensive winger to a 30 year old who has been among the worst players in the NHL over his career? Fast gets so much unwarranted hate because AV scratched Duclair for him. He is a really solid prospect, who should be playing over the scum on the 4th line.

I agree with you here.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Fast gets so much unwarranted hate because AV scratched Duclair for him. He is a really solid prospect, who should be playing over the scum on the 4th line.
I could care less about who is scratched for whom. Duclair to me should be in the minors, honing his skill. Fast should be any place but the starting line up. Why? Because he has done NOTHING to show that he is an everyday player. If he has, then tell me what and how and when.

Scum is a rather strong term, no?

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
What exactly has he done? What has Fast shown that you believe he can be an everyday player?

First of all, the debate is "is he better than Glass", not "is he an everyday player".

He at least stays in position in the defensive zone. Unlike Glass, he stays with his man and fights him to the bitter end. Glass is more than content to leave his position to deliver an ill-timed hit on an opposing player.

Fast is also a good (and trusted) penalty killer. I can't say the same for Glass. He makes some hard hustle plays, sure, but he has no ability to keep up with the point man. He's essentially just a body to block shots, and he's willing, so why not put him there. Glass also has no ability to clog passing lanes with his stick, it's very easy to make a pass with no hope of him stopping it.

Fast can also AT LEAST make an adequate pass to a teammate. Glass maybe completes one or two passes a game. He's just ****ing unable to use a hockey stick, it's a foreign language to him at the NHL level. And it shows when he battles on the boards too. You'd think a 6'2" 210 man could win a board battle and move the puck away, but NO, Glass just, is the worst board player I've ever seen in the NHL. He mindlessly hacks away at the puck instead of using his body to shield off opposing forwards, and that's unacceptable with someone his size. And even in the blue moon instance where he does win a board battle, he throws the puck away because the puck is a foreign object to him.

Fast at least wins board battles sometimes, and can move the puck away. He at least CAN, he doesn't always, but he has puck ability. Fast is also an underrated body checker. He doesn't shy away from contact at all, so this "Glass brings a physical presence" is just a crock.

Fast is also clearly a better skater (I don't know what player people are watching when they say he can't skate). He's not exactly Jere Lehtinen on the 4th line, but he at least brings a defensive presence that Glass probably dreams of. There's no need to have Glass in over Fast, none at all.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
It's frustrating that we ALWAYS have to have that ONE bad contract at all times. We ditch Richards and boom 3 years of Tanner Glass.

Good teams do not have dead cap space. Or at least very seldom do. We have had dead cap space since Sather took over.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
It's frustrating that we ALWAYS have to have that ONE bad contract at all times. We ditch Richards and boom 3 years of Tanner Glass.

Good teams do not have dead cap space. Or at least very seldom do. We have had dead cap space since Sather took over.

LA - Mike Richards

CHI - Bryan Bickell

BOS - Chris Kelly

ANA - Bryan Allen

A lot of teams have at least one bad contract....

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
There are hell of a lot worse contracts than a 1.5mill caphit, to be fair. We can shed at least 2/3 of that simply by waiving him if we needed to.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I thought Glass was a bit unjustly criticized for some time and that he brought a bit more than most experts here saw or admitted earlier in the season. Lately - however - the guy has been atrocious. Save that Pittsburgh game. Beer league bad. And that is being harsh on the beer league concept. He needs to sit a game or two when Stemp is healed.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm

Glass' contract isn't the main issue, his seemingly cemented place in the lineup is.

Glass' contract hurts, but I'd say Girardi's and Klein's hurt more.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Glass' contract isn't the main issue, his seemingly cemented place in the lineup is.

Glass' contract hurts, but I'd say Girardi's and Klein's hurt more.

Girardi and Klein can at least play hockey. Glass is just a waste of a contract and cap space

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Girardi and Klein can at least play hockey. Glass is just a waste of a contract and cap space

Absolutely, but even though Glass is tremendously overpaid his contract in itself doesn't hurt THAT much - it's his permanent spot in the lineup that hurts us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad