Tanner Glass II: What a Goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Tanner Glass did some magnificent board work prior to the GWG. That goal was huge and really deflated the Bolts.

That was an awesome goal. You're right the board work was awesome. Just the way you have to play against tb defense. Hit them, cause turnovers and go to the net. All three forwards contributed (plus Brass).

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I'm not complaining at all, but it's so odd to me that he went from absolutely terrible to pretty decent for his role with the flip of a switch. His timing couldn't have been better.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
That board work was something completely unseen during the regular season. Impressive, loved the hit on Coburn too.

*Bob Richards*

His spot can be improved upon but I'll worry about that at a later time. I've been surprised and overall content with his play as of late.

Sure, its mostly due to him not being the complete abomination he was in the regular season but for now, I'll take it!

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Different game in the playoffs...much more board play and puck battles intensified . You need guys with grit and that will push and shove and give a glove pop every now and then and also be willing to take a couple to win battles....can't have all pretty boys in the playoffs .:)

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
yeah except glass doesnt win battles. he gets in hard on the forecheck, and if hes lucky, his teammates will dig the puck out, but if its a 1 on 1 battle he doesnt win them. like ever. all he does is hit, then hope the other guy falls over. usually its glass. he plays like hes got a hand grenade on his stick when hes actually touching the puck.

hes not been as AWFUL defensively as he was earlier in the year...but make no mistake, he still sucks.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
yeah except glass doesnt win battles. he gets in hard on the forecheck, and if hes lucky, his teammates will dig the puck out, but if its a 1 on 1 battle he doesnt win them. like ever. all he does is hit, then hope the other guy falls over. usually its glass. he plays like hes got a hand grenade on his stick when hes actually touching the puck.

hes not been as AWFUL defensively as he was earlier in the year...but make no mistake, he still sucks.

This is basically how I feel. I don't feel he has been anything special. Comparing his earlier in the season play to now, is like comparing a dandelion to a turd, of course it will smell better.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Yeah, this.

Also:

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Glass

Since he seems to dominate every single thread, why not give him his own? Just a suggestion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*Bob Richards*

B-0DuB_UAAAVbNJ.jpg

Wolfy*

Glass is here to stay...deal with it. I'm thrilled to see this artist of hockey back in action. And btw, now we have two guys who can fight, we're not soft anymore :D

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Someone should send that bears picture to PETA. Maybe they'll picket NYR games and it'll finally force a Glass move somewhere.:sarcasm:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Glass is here to stay...deal with it. I'm thrilled to see this artist of hockey back in action. And btw, now we have two guys who can fight, we're not soft anymore :D

You must be a big fan. How hard did he make you spit your beer out laughing? Maybe it was his ivy league education that has you enamoured? Is he a good story teller?

Please justify this satisfaction you are experiencing.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I bet he brings a pair of those glasses with the fake eyes on springs attached everywhere with him. Those must be a real hoot at dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad