GDT: TankTown Express, Next Stop NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
This was one of worst games I’ve ever seen. Both teams were awful. Rangers actually looked worse than us for much of game, but we pulled loss out. Guess we wanted it more.
I feel bad for Rangers fans. Drury has left them scratching their heads.

Laffy and Kakko are extremely disappointing.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
I'm more impress with the fact we didn't allow an empty net goal.

Screw it,

Trade 49, 77, 90, & 91 at the deadline. Get bunch of draft picks. I'm in the retool phase.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I am fine with a rebuild as long as they get some likeable people on the roster. During the last rebuild, Bergie/Oshie/Perron etc was fun to watch then you had great pros in Backes and Steen and Creampuff.

What do they have now? Yikes.

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
Really all I want to see is passion at this point. Even if we lose the next 5 just play the right way and have each others backs. Krug gets hit by Trouba and has to go after him himself, nobody else even glanced in his direction. I'm not saying to fight him for a clean check but at least try to hit him next time you get close

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
bah humbug :help:

Really all I want to see is passion at this point. Even if we lose the next 5 just play the right way and have each others backs. Krug gets hit by Trouba and has to go after him himself, nobody else even glanced in his direction. I'm not saying to fight him for a clean check but at least try to hit him next time you get close
team is soft ... no push back

Reactions: Spektre

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Kyrou is not THE problem with this team. There are a few different problems with this team. Too many of their player assets, and too much of their CAP room is tied up in contracts of older players that are too slow, and going to get slower, and on the downside of their careers, and their defensive roster is inadequate, and most of its better players are nearing the end of their primes, and need sheltering because they are much weaker on the defensive side than the offensive. Goaltending in inconsistent. The Blues young talent is still mostly inexperienced on the NHL level, and there are not enough NHL ready.

Kyrou might become a weakness if he continues to have very slow progress in improving his defensive game, and make very slow or little progress in his play without the puck, team game, and learning to finish better by sharpening up his goal scoring by working on puck control and finishing moves.
I had Rangers feed in nhl (was an hour behind so getting in thread late) and Micheletti commented that Blues love Kyrou, said kid really listens and works hard to improve his game. Thought that was interesting.

He’s also well over ppg since his awful start. And dumb drop passes aside, his laser on pp was nice. Still needs to be better in some areas but is one of few guys on team that can be real difference maker for us.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I am fine with a rebuild as long as they get some likeable people on the roster. During the last rebuild, Bergie/Oshie/Perron etc was fun to watch then you had great pros in Backes and Steen and Creampuff.

What do they have now? Yikes.

Thomas, Kyrou, Snuggs, Bolduc, Neighbors and Alexandrov are a good start. Need to add more top end talent. Hopefully a top 7-8 pick this year and more picks / assets for our UFA’s.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I had Rangers feed in nhl (was an hour behind so getting in thread late) and Micheletti commented that Blues love Kyrou, said kid really listens and works hard to improve his game. Thought that was interesting.

He’s also well over ppg since his awful start. And dumb drop passes aside, his laser on pp was nice. Still needs to be better in some areas but is one of few guys on team that can be real difference maker for us.
The funny thing is they aren't the first to say that. I watched another broadcast earlier in the year and they said close to the same. Army and Berube love Kyrou and Thomas.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Even at 4th we should still get a very very solid top 6 or top pairing defenseman.
Doesn’t look like there is top pair d in this draft. I mean there likely will be but none who really project as that. The strength of this draft is incredible talent up front. We should get impact forward if we are in top 7 or so.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I don’t think any Dman are projected early this year

Forgot Arizona
The rebuild will take at least 3 drafts, in any case. So, take a highly-touted forward as #1 this season, and D-man in The 3rd. And hope there will be a generational D-Man in 2024 or 2025, and hope he doesn't get in any golf-cart accidents.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Cotton McKnight

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The rebuild will take at least 3 drafts, in any case. So, take a highly-touted forward as #1 this season, and D-man in The 3rd. And hope their will be a generational D-Man in 2024 or 2025, and hope he doesn't get in any golf-cart accidents.

If we get a couple late 1sts for ROR and Tarasenko, I’d take a Dman there

Reactions: Spektre and Robb_K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad