Tanking for Alexis Lafreniere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
If we select at the 7th position. Im wondering what would want the first team whos for theirs first pick? Something around the 7th pick/ josh brook / cole caufield ? If im bergevin. Im asking to this team. What do you want for lafreniere? Thats it. You dont select him. I give you what you want for him

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
En dernière pour Lafreniere.
La grand' misère pour Lafreniere.
Pourris en esti pour Alexis.
Regrets dropping French in Grade 8
Feels shame and goes to Google translate

Last for Lafreniere.
The great 'misery for Lafreniere.
Rotten in summer for Alexis

Gotta feeling I’m missing something :(

:laugh:

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I actually think I'd be happier with Byfield than Lafrenière.

In fact, what do you think, if MON finishes with the 7th overall pick, MON could add in a package to move up to 2nd overall. At that point, you're sure to get one of Byfield or Lafrenière.

How good do you feel Lafrenière and Byfield are?

Would you give this year's #7 overall, #38 overall (MON has two 2nd round picks) and next year's 1st round pick, unprotected, for the #2 overall pick?

Would that do the trick? Doubt it.

Would you add a young roster player from a list of Domi, Drouin, Kotkaniemi and Poehling?

Can getting the #2 overall pick be done and where would you stop adding to a package?

Technically, MON has a first rounder, one of two 2nd rounders, three of four 4th rounders, one of two fifth rounders and one of two 7th rounders it can get rid of this year for a 2nd overall pick.

So, the 7th overall pick, the 38th overall pick, the 100th overall pick (plus two other 4th rounders), the 131th overall pick and the 193rd overall pick.

How enticing would those SEVEN picks be to a team that is rebuilding?

Would this year's #7 overall pick, next year's 1st rounder, this year's 38th overall pick and next year's 2nd rounder be a better offer (MON could trade Petry and/or Tatar for replacement 1st rounders next year)?

Reactions: Surfer72

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
I think it's obvious the habs should tank. If we got lafreniere the city would go crazy.

Right now I'm in Vegas, who should I lay $ on to win the cup this year?

I think this is the best thread for this question?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I think it's obvious the habs should tank. If we got lafreniere the city would go crazy.

Right now I'm in Vegas, who should I lay $ on to win the cup this year?

I think this is the best thread for this question?
I’m feeling Dallas, dunno why

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Here we go red!

efa38f01644e2f1c0de42471a0dffc52.gif

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
What happens if we get Byfield? We would be incredibly stacked at center moving forward.

Suzuki
Kotkaniemi
Byfield
Poehling

Wow that is quite something..

Easy, you move Suzuki to wing...

Drouin Byfield Suzuki

Armia KK Caufield

Domi Poehling Gallagher\Ylonen

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
If we select at the 7th position. Im wondering what would want the first team whos for theirs first pick? Something around the 7th pick/ josh brook / cole caufield ? If im bergevin. Im asking to this team. What do you want for lafreniere? Thats it. You dont select him. I give you what you want for him
More than that. Think Suzuki, plus first, plus 2 more nice pieces.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
It would be nice for one of the teams in the bottom five (Realistically Anaheim or San Jose) to go on a little winning streak as they have some games in hand on us, but they really just suck this year. No confidence in any of those bottom 5 teams going on any sort of winning streak.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Part of me really wants to trade for Taylor Hall right now. Give 2 2nds (NO 1st) + a good (not top) prospect to Arizona. I doubt Arizona bites, but the reason I'd do it is... look at his track record with draft lotteries. We need all the luck in the world to get Lafreniere. Also, Arizona was 1st in their division before the trade - look at them now: they're about to miss the playoffs yet again. We need some of that luck to get a top 5-7 pick at worst.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Getting the opportunity to draft Lafreniere would potentially set us up at center for the next decade.

1- Lafreniere
2- Suzuki
3 - Danault

If all progressed as planned, that's an insane group of centers. It would also push Poehling / KK out, unless they wanted Poehling as the 3C. These would be great problems to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad