Tank Thread and Tanking GDT XVII: The Tank Must Go On (San Jose @ Arizona)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karate Johnson*

I didn't realize that the Yotes only had a Tank Thread Part II. They're not nearly as good at hyperbole, overreaction, suicidal proclamations, media hate, and Toewes-related puns as we are.

There are 15 coyotes fans on the planet.

They are the white rhino of sports fans.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
CBzM-odWIAAnswh.png

Nice! I hope he gets his bronze statue on the square.

ZeroPT*

There are 15 coyotes fans on the planet.

They are the white rhino of sports fans.

Did you not watch the game tonight? The stadium was almost full. They have a lot of fans and they have a passionate fan base just like every other franchise.

The "lack of fans" group belongs to Florida.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Season ticket holder since 2004. I've been to over 200 games since mid 80's (mid teens). Next silly question and/or assumption?

That's a bit excessive for a causal fan, don't you think? :sarcasm:

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Did you not watch the game tonight? The stadium was almost full. They have a lot of fans and they have a passionate fan base just like every other franchise.

And THAT is one franchise that needs to get the fudge out of Florida and into a healthy market

ZeroPT*

So there's still a mathematical chance (albeit astronomically small) of us pulling off the True McEichel.

Finish 30th, then the Isles miss the playoffs and win the lottery.

Aside from the fact that would make us an instant powerhouse, I would love that to happen just to witness MattMartin's reaction on HF.

it would probably go along the lines of.

"+1!!"
"Well I'll have you know that I signed a petition! I was sick of losing"
"+1!!!!"
"We haven't won a round in 20 years!!!!"
"+1!!!!!"

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Is anyone still terrified by our schedule vs the Yotes?

TXCpBQG.png

No point in analyzing it now. We just need to eke out one regulation loss. The teams we're playing aren't Arizona or Toronto. Even Carolina is somewhat better than us. We could still **** this up, but finding a loss in the next three shouldn't be too bad. I'm looking at a whitehot Columbus on the road as a good possibility.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
No point in analyzing it now. We just need to eke out one regulation loss. The teams we're playing aren't Arizona or Toronto. Even Carolina is somewhat better than us. We could still **** this up, but finding a loss in the next three shouldn't be too bad. I'm looking at a whitehot Columbus on the road as a good possibilitly

3rd game in 4 nights for the Sabres. They looked exhausted tonight and I think it's done on Monday.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
3rd game in 4 nights for the Sabres. They looked exhausted tonight and I think it's done on Monday.

My heart and sleep patterns would love that. I'd also love to be able to cheer for them (and mean it) in the last two games. It's been about 2.5 years since I could cheer for them.

mattcc97

Feb 6, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Going to the game Monday and would love to see the atmosphere leaving the arena after the game if Carolina wins. It would be pretty memorable I'm sure.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I think the team crashes and burns. They looked completely dead tonight. I think they generated maybe 2 scoring chances all game. Ennis doesn't look himself. Hodgson is back to being invisible. The defense can't be very healthy at this point. Weber is done, Strachan took a few more shots off the ankles tonight, Bogosian looks completely gassed.

We'll see.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
I think the team crashes and burns. They looked completely dead tonight. I think they generated maybe 2 scoring chances all game. Ennis doesn't look himself. Hodgson is back to being invisible. The defense can't be very healthy at this point. Weber is done, Strachan took a few more shots off the ankles tonight, Bogosian looks completely gassed.

We'll see.

Nolan rode that horse for 29 minutes tonight. Yikes.

Here's to hoping for an Easter full of overindulgence tomorrow. Eat, drink, and be merry, Sabres. After Monday's over, we might all be back on your side.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
The Sabres were always destined to land Eichel.

What is our primary farm team name? Americans.

What is Eichel? American.

What is our secondary farm team name? Jackals.

What is Eichel's first name?

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo

Exactly. Hockey may not be a top 2 sport for many western cities, but they all have solid fanbases.

I know it makes Buffalo fans feel better that they 'care' more than better weather cities, but it's false.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Really disappointed to see that it doesn't appear as though we'll be able to kill this thread tonight Failures. The team should boo us.

sabresfan3383

Dec 3, 2004
Tonawanda, NY
And THAT is one franchise that needs to get the fudge out of Florida and into a healthy market

Exactly. Hockey may not be a top 2 sport for many western cities, but they all have solid fanbases.

I know it makes Buffalo fans feel better that they 'care' more than better weather cities, but it's false.

I feel bad for the Panthers. That franchises death knell was when they moved from Miami to Sunrise. That'd be like taking the Sabres out of FNC and putting them in an arena in Batavia :eek:

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-05%20at%2012.47.12%20AM_zpsunn6vxs2.png

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
If we get 30th before the last game I hope we can fill every seat in the FNC and send the Sabres off for the Summer with a real fan salute :handclap:

It will be a real farewell for some as I imagine Murray will purge a lot this summer. I don't expect to see Hodgson, Kaleta, Meszaros, Benoit, Strachan, Lindback, Grigorenko or Dalpe next season. And I think Murray will have to sacrifice Ennis in a trade package for O'Reilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad