Tank Thread and Tanking GDT XVI: Slipping Away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruff22

May 5, 2007
Tucson, AZ
If we had held on a 3-2 win and therefore tied with AZ (but still finishing last with the tiebreaker and AZ having one more game, I would have said we would have had less than a 50% chance of McEichel.

The Sabres didn't fall into the abyss tonight but they sure as hell leaned very far over it...

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
11-1 shots in the SJ-ARI game. The Yotes have officially mailed it in

We mailed it in like game one haha. Effort level has been bad going back to last year, and it somehow keeps getting worse! Go Tippett go!

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
Arizona is looking putrid......like a team that has mailed it in.

Going to have to do this without any help. It can be done.

I still don't know why people think they'll get points against the sharks. Their best chance at winning is the Vancouver game.

Who knows though. Maybe they surprise me.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Like I've said. The difference between Buffalo and Arizona is huge. I really believe Buffalo is better than 4 or 5 times in the league right now with the emergence of some of the players and the way Nolan (and our fans) has them amped up.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I think the Sabres make the playoffs after next season. I think Arizona is 5+years away from the playoffs. McEichel or not. At least we have that going for us.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I hope this is mentioned some by the media and such.

Especially Ennis playing 20+ per night after injury, it's fully put me on the 'Fire Nolan' side.

It's 23-25 minutes lately. You overplay and injuries result. And coming back from injury makes it crazy.

I've seen zero mention of this in media. Anybody else notice?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
It's 23-25 minutes lately. You overplay and injuries result. And coming back from injury makes it crazy.

Nolan himself said that even if Girgensons could come back he wouldn't want it because that's how more injuries happen.

And then he starts playing Ennis 22+ minutes a night after an injury.

Bogosian has been banged up, better play him 30 minutes a night.

BCS

Feb 18, 2008
Like I've said. The difference between Buffalo and Arizona is huge. I really believe Buffalo is better than 4 or 5 times in the league right now with the emergence of some of the players and the way Nolan (and our fans) has them amped up.

Agreed. I'm not optimistic at all about 30th, even with tonight's result. The Sabres were supposed to go pointless against the Hawks. It's the rest of the games that are far more concerning. That's even more true after seeing how hard the Sabres fought an elite CHI team. Not a single game left on the schedule is a shoo-in loss. OTOH, Arizona is awful, has quit, and will be lucky to register another point - let alone a win.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Nolan himself said that even if Girgensons could come back he wouldn't want it because that's how more injuries happen.

And then he starts playing Ennis 22+ minutes a night after an injury.

Bogosian has been banged up, better play him 30 minutes a night.

Murray put the kabosh on Girgensons returning I bet.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
In all seriousness I think toews saved your tank. If you guys won that game I think it would've been game blouses.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

That's been my issue. Yeah everyone gets it they're not going to lose on purpose and are trying to win... But he's coaching them like they're fighting for the playoffs... It's beyond absurd.

A team playing for their pride and with absolutely zero pressure is a dangerous team.

vaneksniper26

Mar 24, 2015
Arizona, you suck !

Coyotes 3 shots in 1st period..0 on their PP...I wish our players would make our losses this easy instead of leaving everything out on the ice every single shift. Its funny that Arizona fans think we purposefully throw these games...they couldn't be farther from the truth. We aren't Them....

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Murray put the kabosh on Girgensons returning I bet.

I'm betting that too. Nolan has no qualms playing guys hurt to finish 29th. He wants it badly. I'm not sure 100% why. He'll be toxic in Buffalo forever if they don't get McEichel. Doesn't he realize that?

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
16-3 SOG. Sharks aren't making playoffs either. This game is trivial to them. Arizona won't get another pt. If we get 3 more pts in the next 4 games we don't finish last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad