Tank Thread and Tanking GDT XVI: Slipping Away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Tank Watch:

o9Sezn6.png

Sabres Schedule:

Fri Apr 3, 2015 Blackhawks @ Sabres
Sat Apr 4, 2015 Sabres @Islanders
Mon Apr 6, 2015 Hurricanes @ Sabres
Fri Apr 10, 2015 Sabres @ Blue Jackets
Sat Apr 11, 2015 Penguins @ Sabres

Arizonas Schedule:

Fri Apr 3, 2015 Coyotes @ Sharks
Sat Apr 4, 2015 Sharks @ Coyotes
Tue Apr 7, 2015 Coyotes @ Flames
Thu Apr 9, 2015 Coyotes @ Canucks
Sat Apr 11, 2015 Ducks @ Coyotes

5Lk2oWs.jpg

bs512mw.jpg

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Then they promptly lost to the Avs. Means nothing when they play against better teams. Both the Yotes and the Leafs suck. No more soft touches on the schedule, so back to losing like they were built to do.

Can we please stop acting like Carolina and Columbus are world beaters?

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY

Yeah I can see us also beating the Isles. There forums would have a field day with that since they have the playoffs locked up already. That would be the absolute worst. With the way this team is playing no game is a safe loss.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There

Definitely the potential to pick up at least a loser point here. I still think Arizona needs another win to wrap this thing up. Sabres will get 3-4 points the rest of the way.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Definitely the potential to pick up at least a loser point here. I still think Arizona needs another win to wrap this thing up. Sabres will get 3-4 points the rest of the way.

Any game we can get pts in. All we have to do is score that first goal and Nolan puts 4 players on the blue line with Lindback covering the bottom 75% of the net with his sheer size. It's a recipe to gain pts all over. That is why I hate the way Nolan coaches.

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I mean even without McDavid or Eichel, our team still has potential to be a force, will take a bit more luck and work but with the talent we have we may be alright. The thought of losing out on a generational center is disappointing but I dont know, trying to think of a positive aspect anyway. We will be alright but it is frustrating

BCS

Feb 18, 2008
I've abandoned the dream of finishing 30th. Either ARI/BUF wins the lotto or it's the latest Buffalo sports catastrophe.

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
People on Twitter are posting they won't support this team and will cancel tickets if we don't get McEichel. They can't actually be serious can they? I am not from Buffalo, just how often do you guys talk about about McDavid or Eichel daily?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

CBJ has won 7 games straight and 9 of the last 10. On fire as the season closes.

ruff22

May 5, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Yeah I can see us also beating the Isles. There forums would have a field day with that since they have the playoffs locked up already. That would be the absolute worst. With the way this team is playing no game is a safe loss.

not to mention that any game where we are down only one goal in the third period has the potential to be disastrous.

one minute, looking at no points. the next, getting into a SO and winning it and just like that two points.

they can't gain any points on AZ over the next two games. can you imagine if we were only 1 ahead (you know what I mean) with three games left?

where a single win in three games would lead to our doom?

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
People on Twitter are posting they won't support this team and will cancel tickets if we don't get McEichel. They can't actually be serious can they? I am not from Buffalo, just how often do you guys talk about about McDavid or Eichel daily?

Literally every day for an 3 hours to upwards of 7-8 hours. It's on every talk show all day long since Darcys infamous "suffering" quote. It's been 2 years of McEichel talk. From dawn til dusk.... WGR550 has the morning show which talks about it for 1 hour or so depending, hockey hotline from 10-12 which is all McEichel, than from 3-7 80% McEichel talk. I listened to AM1260 today for a few hours and they have Corey Pronman from ESPN on talking about him and our prospects. The city is obsessed with McEIchel lol!

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
They don't have to be, but they're both far better than the Sabres.
Columbus maybe but they're very hot and cold. Carolina? Not really. They're better but there will also be 3 games left in the season. No team is more motivated in the league right now than the Buffalo Sabres. The talent gap can easily be made up with sheer determination to win the 29th place Cup. Woo knows what goaltenders we even see. We haven't seen a backup in a while.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY

How often?

Like....every minute.

Some fans very well may cancel. They have paid good money to watch 2 plus years of absolutely horrendous hockey. Those fans may feel things aren't going to get much better anytime soon.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
How often?

Like....every minute.

Some fans very well may cancel. They have paid good money to watch 2 plus years of absolutely horrendous hockey. Those fans may feel things aren't going to get much better anytime soon.

Wouldn't blame them. You're right though. Since January it's literally been the topic of conversation every single time I turn on the radio. Will be interesting to see the morning show tomorrow.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
I mean even without McDavid or Eichel, our team still has potential to be a force, will take a bit more luck and work but with the talent we have we may be alright. The thought of losing out on a generational center is disappointing but I dont know, trying to think of a positive aspect anyway. We will be alright but it is frustrating

This is what I was trying to say earlier. I just posted it in a much more aggressive manner, likely eliciting the negative responses. Everyone seems to have cooled off, so apologies.

This season really needs to end

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Columbus maybe but they're very hot and cold. Carolina? Not really. They're better but there will also be 3 games left in the season. No team is more motivated in the league right now than the Buffalo Sabres. The talent gap can easily be made up with sheer determination to win the 29th place Cup. Woo knows what goaltenders we even see. We haven't seen a backup in a while.

It'll play out how ever it does, but the overwhelming sense of predetermined doom by some is rather odd if you ask me. All five opponents that are left will be favored to win. Enjoy the ride.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Haven't heard much about Girgensons. Is he out for the season or is Nolan trying to get him to rush back for this epic march to 29th?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I just hope it all works out in the end..i can't imagine going through what Oilers fans are going through.

Long term, I don't think getting say Strome vs Eichel will be detrimental, it's the fact Strome probably won't be that No. 1C for 4-5 years. The time frame is my biggest fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad