Tank Thread and Tank GDTs XIV: TANK WARS!! (Buffalo @ Arizona)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Bottom line:

Sabres go 2-4-0 or worse and we're guaranteed 30th.

They looked awful tonight, but the Coyotes had been playing well and have a home and home with SJ coming up. I'm not going to be shocked if the Yotes take a point or two.

We still control our own fate, so to speak.

It'd help if we didn't have a game in hand right now, and that one of those game wasn't against Toronto. We could be going into this friday with only 2 points separating both teams. **** this man, why couldn't they just lose tonight, and then lose the weekend games. We could've cheered for them the whole last week of the season, but now, I'll be rooting even more for them to blow it

Bps21*

That'll be gone when they get whipped by tampa the night before they come here.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
This would be alot easier if I felt confident the Coyotes could win a game or two before the season ends, problem is, after displays like that and their past 20 games, I don't think the get another win the rest of the season

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
I wonder if the people cheering against the Sabres in their own house will question even for a moment the effect it might have had in hindering the process

It certainly seemed to rile them up, and it made Nolan's "us versus them" talk even stronger. The problem is, that shoving it in the fan's faces just makes the franchise worse and the fan reaction worse.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
We played our best, Arizona played there worst and we barely won. Leafs didn't show up last game and still beat us, they can easily beat us on Wednesday.

We have gained exactly zero points on Arizona since the TDL.

But ****, can't they ever make this easy?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
We haven't lost to San Jose in something like 17 straight so count a win there. Meaning we must lose to Toronto but I doubt that happens. We can only hope Coyotes can pick up a win somewhere.

Bps21*

If they had the ability to turn it on this whole time but needed to be motivated by getting cheered for losing...it says nothing good about them.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
It certainly seemed to rile them up, and it made Nolan's "us versus them" talk even stronger. The problem is, that shoving it in the fan's faces just makes the franchise worse and the fan reaction worse.

If fans are gonna be petulant about it, they don't really deserve to be pandered to. It's not like you see them out in the media talking ****

Don't care at all what you wonder

Sure you do, or you wouldn't sputter out a reply

Bps21*

We haven't lost to San Jose in something like 17 straight so count a win there. Meaning we must lose to Toronto but I doubt that happens. We can only hope Coyotes can pick up a win somewhere.

We don't play San Jose.

We play a tired toronto team. Then back to back chicago and isles. Then carolina Monday. Mother off for a bit before columbus and a pitt team that probably isn't playing anyone of note.

ruff22

May 5, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Bottom line:

Sabres go 2-4-0 or worse and we're guaranteed 30th.

They looked awful tonight, but the Coyotes had been playing well and have a home and home with SJ coming up. I'm not going to be shocked if the Yotes take a point or two.

We still control our own fate, so to speak.

Realistically, we should go 1-2 at best over our next three games. If AZ gets nothing in their two games against SJ, we're up 2 points with each team having three games left.

Problem is AZ has @Calgary, @Vancouver, Anaheim - possible for them to get nothing from those games, unless ANA has nothing to play for.

That Carolina game at home for us could be the next "game of the year". If we win it, we probably get nothing @NYI.

We could be tied and have to lose outright to Pitt in our last game at home.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I've said it before, but if we miss on McEichel and start bad next year it is going to be a toxic environment.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I wonder if the people cheering against the Sabres in their own house will question even for a moment the effect it might have had in hindering the process

It would show what an absolutely pathetic team they are if it takes fan reaction to get them to rally around a cause and give that extra effort.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Realistically, we should go 1-2 at best over our next three games. If AZ gets nothing in their two games against SJ, we're up 2 points with each team having three games left.

Problem is AZ has @Calgary, @Vancouver, Anaheim - possible for them to get nothing from those games, unless ANA has nothing to play for.

That Carolina game at home for us could be the next "game of the year". If we win it, we probably get nothing @NYI.

We could be tied and have to lose outright to Pitt in our last game at home.

I can only imagine Nolan's motivational speech and how happy they would be after that one.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
I've said it before, but if we miss on McEichel and start bad next year it is going to be a toxic environment.

If we miss on either and start bad next year, it'll be beyond toxic. Booiong every night, I wouldn't be surprised if you started seeing a whole lot worse on a nightly basis. People will stop turning out and that'll leave the arena to the hecklers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad