Proposal: Tanev to Toronto

Doyle Hargraves

May 11, 2018
Well, I'd rather be associated with the group that made the Ehrhoff trade over the one that made the Seguin trade but YMMV.
Or the Ballard trade or the Booth trade or the Roy trade.

I was a fan of the Eye Bags administration but they made some bad deals and drafted horrifically. They were good at marketing and signing contracts

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Sedins gone enjoy the bottom of the league for many years to come!!

Lets be honest here for a sec... we are a godawful team run by a bad management group. If we traded Tanev for whatever crap you suggested wouldn't we still be a bad to terrible team... We are probably stuck in the basement for at least as long as it takes us to get new management. So getting crap for Tanev doesn't change anything for us.

You guys need defensive help. Maybe it isn't Tanev, but you definitely need help. You have a great forward group although I think losing JVR and even Bozak is going to be a bit of a blow. I really like your management team though so maybe they can figure out something good.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012

I was a fan of the Eye Bags administration but they made some bad deals and drafted horrifically. They were good at marketing and signing contracts

They were also good at winning games. It’s puzzling to me that any poster that isn’t extremely critical of the Benning administration would ever draw any comparisons, or even reference, the Gillis administration, which, by any reasonable and objective metric, was easily the most successful administration in this team’s history. Sure, like any management team, Gillis and company were not perfect, but any comparison to Benning’s team unfairly flatters Benning by association.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
They were also good at winning games. It’s puzzling to me that any poster that isn’t extremely critical of the Benning administration would ever draw any comparisons, or even reference, the Gillis administration, which, by any reasonable and objective metric, was easily the most successful administration in this team’s history. Sure, like any management team, Gillis and company were not perfect, but any comparison to Benning’s team unfairly flatters Benning by association.
no dude, under benning wE aCtUaLLy haVe a ProSpect PoOL *posts jake virtanen workout video*

Doyle Hargraves

May 11, 2018
I’m critical of both administrations

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Excellent post.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
What does TO have we would actually want, that would be fair return for Tanev? They actually have nothing. We aren’t getting Marner, and don’t want Nylander. Our young D are better than any of their young D.
I don’t see TO as a good trade partner for us.

Doyle Hargraves

May 11, 2018
What does TO have we would actually want, that would be fair return for Tanev? They actually have nothing. We aren’t getting Marner, and don’t want Nylander. Our young D are better than any of their young D.
I like Dermott and Lilljegren

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I really don’t understand the criticism of the Ballard and booth trade. What happened after that keeping them too long and not releasing them etc is separate from the actual trades which were great or at least not bad.

We needed a top 4 dman because no one thought hamhuis was going to sign here so Gillis went out and got Ballard for a 1st and grabner

We needed a top 6 of so he went out and got booth for sturm and Samuelson.

Both trades at the time were great value, I don’t see how Gillis gets blamed for injures ruining booth or AVs love of Aaron Rome.

Nov 1, 2011

2018 and 2019 1st round picks.

Need to start buying 2019 lottery tickets.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
2018 and 2019 1st round picks.

Need to start buying 2019 lottery tickets.
Great idea! I can see the Leafs taking a big step backwards this coming season too. That 2019 pick could be very high:)

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Took me a second before I realised when the thread was created. Most of us would secretly agree that Tanev value would hinge on him staying healthy and and return we get would be partly based upon him playing more then 60 games in a season. Others on this board would try to play down the fact he misses a lot of games due to injury and until he can stay healthy. His value is not as high as we would like to believe

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Took me a second before I realised when the thread was created. Most of us would secretly agree that Tanev value would hinge on him staying healthy and and return we get would be partly based upon him playing more then 60 games in a season. Others on this board would try to play down the fact he misses a lot of games due to injury and until he can stay healthy. His value is not as high as we would like to believe
I can see no better guy to help break a guy like Juolevi into the league with. That makes him invaluable in my eyes.

Nov 1, 2011
Great idea! I can see the Leafs taking a big step backwards this coming season too. That 2019 pick could be very high:)

Honestly, I don't think anyone knows who will be hit by injuries or take a step back.

I think the Islanders and Flyers are pretty happy to have traded for what turned out to be lottery picks before the season started (from CGY and STL respectively).

Reactions: Luckylarry

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Over a three year period the Canucks were the worst team in the entire NHL....no player should be untouchable, other than Horvat, high prospects and first-round picks. So Tanev should be available for the right price.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I really don’t understand the criticism of the Ballard and booth trade. What happened after that keeping them too long and not releasing them etc is separate from the actual trades which were great or at least not bad.

We needed a top 4 dman because no one thought hamhuis was going to sign here so Gillis went out and got Ballard for a 1st and grabner

We needed a top 6 of so he went out and got booth for sturm and Samuelson.

Both trades at the time were great value, I don’t see how Gillis gets blamed for injures ruining booth or AVs love of Aaron Rome.
Only idiots think the booth trade was bad.

Ballard trade wasn’t that great though. I wanted them to re-sign Mitchell instead of trading for Ballard.

Reactions: Yossarian54

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Peter Chiarelli is openly shopping the 10th pick with hopes of addressing some short-term needs immediately.

"I’d be OK with our blue line as it is now, but we would look to move the pick if the right player – an NHL defenceman – is available," said Chiarelli. "I’ve had discussions with some team
s."

Oilers have shown reluctancy recently with trading with us but Tanev (+ probably) for 10th OA?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad