Proposal: Tanev to Toronto

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Leafs fan coming in peace. What would it take? The trade rumors board has been a shit show lately so I thought I would post this here.

Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, Gardiner, Kappy, Brown, Lil, Dermott, Kadri off the table.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
We’ll take whatever you offer as long as you take Lindenning as well.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Leafs fan coming in peace. What would it take? The trade rumors board has been a **** show lately so I thought I would post this here.

Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, Gardiner, Kappy, Brown, Lil, Dermott, Kadri off the table.

So you want our best player, but don't want to make any good assets available for trade?

Good luck with that. Although you would be dealing with Benning, so it's possible he'd trade Tanev and a 5th for Josh Leivo.

If I was the Canucks GM, it would be for Marner or Nylander or get stuffed. Tanev might be the best pure defensive defender in the NHL and you aren't getting anywhere near a Cup with the defense you have now.

Reactions: bh53 and Red

Duckhugs

Apr 11, 2016
Your next 6 firsts and the promise to not win a single playoff game works for me

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Heard this from Rangers fans for McDonagh :laugh:

Then get stuffed. If you aren't even willing to put a crappy asset like 24-point Connor Brown on the table, you aren't getting this player. Enjoy hording your group of young forwards, being OK in the regular season, and then getting killed in the playoffs for the foreseeable future. We don't need to trade this player. You do need to upgrade your defense, and if you look at the Larsson and Hamonic trades (both of whom Tanev is far better than), you can see what the going rate for an elite defensive defender would be.

Dermott and 2 firsts might be ok as well.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
I think if we get Dahlen then Tanev really could move....I would expect Liljegrena nd a 1st minimum for him.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Leafs fan coming in peace. What would it take? The trade rumors board has been a **** show lately so I thought I would post this here.

2018 1st, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd would be ideal. Hamonic set the benchmark and he sucks.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Then get stuffed. If you aren't even willing to put a crappy asset like 24-point Connor Brown on the table, you aren't getting this player. Enjoy hording your group of young forwards, being OK in the regular season, and then getting killed in the playoffs for the foreseeable future. We don't need to trade this player. You do need to upgrade your defense, and if you look at the Larsson and Hamonic trades (both of whom Tanev is far better than), you can see what the going rate for an elite defensive defender would be.

Dermott and 2 firsts might be ok as well.

This exactly. Seems to be where the disconnect is...

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Benning should wait until TO gets bounced from the playoffs because of a lack of depth on the blueline, but even then, I doubt there's a deal to be made. I think the Canucks have waited too long to trade Tanev.....I see that other posters are claiming he's the best Canucks player (he isn't).....but a D-man who can't play more than 50 games a season isn't anyone's best player.....just bad asset management by the Canucks again.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville

Like the Boeser thread on the main boards last night were you tried to convince anyone who would listen that Boeser was merely an average player with a good shot.

With biased talent analysis like that why would anyone try and talk serious trade proposals with you?

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Benning should wait until TO gets bounced from the playoffs because of a lack of depth on the blueline, but even then, I doubt there's a deal to be made. I think the Canucks have waited too long to trade Tanev.....I see that other posters are claiming he's the best Canucks player (he isn't).....but a D-man who can't play more than 50 games a season isn't anyone's best player.....just bad asset management by the Canucks again.

He's the best Canucks player not named Horvat or Boeser. But this is basically an AHL team right now though so that's not saying much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad