Tampa's Most Important Player?

Tampa's Most Important Player?

• Total voters

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
As a Tampa fan, I honestly can't decide. On any given night it could be any of them. Last year I would have leaned Hedman or Point. This year, probably Vasi or Kucherov.

Reactions: User9992

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Hedman does so many little things on both sides of the puck that allow Tampa to be as dominant as they are.

He has my vote with Vasy right behind. The Team was a top 5 team in the NHL without Kucherov, yes his a great winger but he’s not as vital as the other 2.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Hedman does so many little things on both sides of the puck that allow Tampa to be as dominant as they are.

He has my vote with Vasy right behind. The Team was a top 5 team in the NHL without Kucherov, yes his a great winger but he’s not as vital as the other 2.
We were third in our own division.....

We were a top 10 team probably, but getting him back took us to a top 3 team

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Kucherov. I view him as the catalyst. I don't see the Bolts dominating there way to the Conference Finals without Kucherov returning. I'm not sure they are still playing playoff hockey without him (not sure if they beat the Panthers if Kucherov never returned).

They are a stacked team, the best team since 05-06 lockout by a considerable margin in my opinion, and I think they can contend for a Cup without Kucherov. I just think Kucherov is what seals the deal and makes them far and away the best team in the league.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
As a Canes fan. Vasi single handily just destroyed the Canes this series, so he’s got my vote. He’s easily the best goalie in the game right now.

I think if Vasi isn’t in net that series, Canes would of had a lot better shot of taking the series.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The great state of Florida, and the Tampa Bay medical staff get my votes.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
While it can be a different player for a game or a playoff run, overall it is Kucherov.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Hedman
Vasi/Kucherov
Point
Stamkos

It depends if you replace them with replacement level players, or remove them entirely. Replacing Vasy with an average 1G would hurt the team. Taking him off without a replacement would crater them.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Tampa without Vasi in net has a losing record.
Obviously the backups weren't particularly good for them.
But with that team in front of him, the backup had his worst s% in 13yrs, worst GAA in 6yrs, Obviously being old and on the decline doesn't help...
but they lost 8 of 12games with him in net.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
The cool thing about Tampa is that you have at least 3, arguably 4 legitimate options. I think Vasilevskiy, Hedman and Kucherov all have a case.

That said, there is enough depth on forward and D that TB would be still be really good without the latter two.

Vasilevskiy, I really think he's creeping into the "best player" discussion period. He could very well be the best player on the team.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
best and most important are generally the same thing.

i think that's between kucherov and point regardless of how you slice it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad