Tampa's Most Important Player?

Tampa's Most Important Player?

• Total voters

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Who is Tampa Bay Lightning's 'Best & Most Important Player'?

Vasy
Hedman
Kuch
Point
Stamkos
Or someone else?
Like all of the great Hockey teams across eras, they have an elite core, squabbling about the precise ranking of the core doesn't matter that much and it's not really relevant which particular one is the " best and most important" as the core as a whole is what really matters. Back when my Hawks were awesome and winning Cups, people had these kind of talks (occasionally from opposing fans to try and discredit whichever individual player was being discussed in an ever recurring X v. Y Player discussion), and it ultimately doesn't matter.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Based on the difference in offence with him vs without him, has to be Kuch to me.

Him or Vasi.

Last year it would have been Hedman, but we are rolling now without him being near his best

Reactions: Hint1k and User9992

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Tough to say, you can take any one forward off of Tampa Bay and they are still a cup contender. They would probably be weakened more as a team missing Hedman or Vasilevsky. If their defense or goaltending was weaker it would likely hurt the team more than losing any forward and that is no disrespect to their forwards, it just shows what a great team they are.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Goalie most important position on a single game basis but easiest position to replace longterm. Every year it seems like we hear about some random Waiver acquisition that goes on a crazy tear at the end of the season.

Yeah but to do it consistently year in and year out like Vasi has is extremely rare. Sure could Tampa have lucked into a Binnington type run one season and won without Vasi? Yes. But could they have this level of sustained elite play and success without Vasi? I'd say no. Vasi is easily their most important player. Hedman 2nd but losing Vasi would sink them. They'd still compete without Hedman.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Best player = most important player.

That's clearly Kucherov.

In general i'd agree with bolded, but I think this is an exception

Best player = Kucherov

Most important = Hedman

Tampa has so much offense. They can actually still do quite good at offense without Kucherov (see this past season). Remove Hedman and it creates a bigger hole.

Reactions: Morrison and reino

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Right now it's Vasi because McBackup f***ing stinks. But replacing Hedman with an average 1D would hurt more than replacing Vasi with an average starter.

Reactions: User9992

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Hedman because they have a bunch of star forwards so can shuffle them around, and goalies are more replaceable
Just this season they proved they can be successful without Kucherov, and last season without Stamkos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad