Post-Game Talk: Tampa vs. Leafs | we lost. seven to go.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I wouldn't say he was the reason we lost, we just couldn't score on Bishop but Sparks didn't really help either.

Only goal I would put full blame on Sparks is the 2nd goal..

Yeah his rebound control kind of left him in a bad position afterwards. Thought is initial positioning was okay though.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Who was chirping the Leafs bench? A Tampa call up? If I'm taking it the right way, Kadri got a nice shot in during his interview after the game that I loved :laugh:

Pholus

May 23, 2014
I'm also confused. Would the Preds (or the team that drafts) at least get first chance to offer an entry level contract before the player chose free agency. There must has to be some benefit - even if slight - or why would a team draft the player, unless, maybe if they weren't sure he was 100% going the college route. JUST ASKING!

The Preds own his rights for 4 years while he is in school. Once his senior season ends, they still have until August 15 where his rights are theirs exclusively. After that, he becomes a ufa. The main benefit in draft NCAA-bound prospects is that you get 4 years to evaluate whether they're worth signing, whereas with CHLers you only have 2 years to make that decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad