Post-Game Talk: Tampa vs. Leafs | we lost. seven to go.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Eight games left to go (man. where did the season go? last season it felt like it dragged on FOR. EV.ER. - this season, zoop! super fast!).

Is this the last time we see Stamkos in Blue and White..with a Bolt on his Chest?

stamkos-steven-150608.jpg

or will he be Rocking the better shade of blue?

61655070-9f83-11e5-8175-39a265bd347f_Leafs-Stamkos.jpg

(95 days, 5 hours, 44 minutes until UFA Day, y'all. just saying)

Will we still be in the best position to draft the other centre we desire?

514a6ba0-4a7c-11e5-98cd-83183adb11b8_Auston-Matthews-2.jpg

whatever you want to have happen...

keepcalm-1.jpg

information updated throughout the day.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Thanks to Daisy for the GDT... and advanced thanks to Budsfan, for the updates...

Bolts Without Nuts: Leafs vs Lightning Montage - TML

GO LEAFS GO !!

COME STAMKOS COME !! :D

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Maple Leafs-Tampa Bay Lightning: Monday game preview

The Lightning hold a 3-1-0 record against the Leafs, with Andrei Vasilevskiy in net for each of those games

By: Kevin McGran Sports Reporter, Published on Sun Mar 27 2016

AMALIE ARENA

Puck drop: 7:30 p.m.

TV: Sportsnet Ontario

Radio: Sportsnet 590 The Fan

Key matchup:Steve Stamkos vs Morgan Rielly.

The Lightning captain has been uncharacteristically quiet against his hometown team, with just one goal in his past four games against them. And he’s a minus-5 against the Leafs. Rielly lately is finding himself targeted for some big hits as he takes on the role of Toronto’s No. 1 defenceman. The Leafs are 11-4-4 when Rielly gets an assist.

Need to know: The Lightning hold a 3-1-0 record against the Leafs, with Andrei Vasilevskiy in net for each of those games . . . Stamkos has a five-game points streak going (five goals, two assists) . . . Tampa is jockeying for position and fighting for home-ice in the Atlantic, but doing so without two key players. Defenceman Anton Stralman (fractured leg) is expected to miss the rest of the regular season and at least the first round of the playoffs . . . Winger Nikita Kucherov, second on the team with 29 goals, is day to day after suffering an apparent left foot injury blocking a shot.

Up next: Tuesday, at Panthers, 7:30 p.m., TSN4.

SICK BAY

LEAFS -- F Leo Komarov (lower body), F Peter Holland (upper body), F Nikita Soshnikov (upper body), D Matt Hunwick (sports hernia), F James van Riemsdyk (foot), F Joffrey Lupul (sports hernia), F Byron Froese (hand), D Stephane Robidas (knee), D Viktor Loov (upper body).

LIGHTNING -- F Valterri Filpulla (upper body), F Ryan Callahan (lower body), D Anton Stralman (leg), F Niketa Kucherov (lower body)

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Honestly I've got a completely stupid reason for why I don't want Stamkos to come to Toronto... I want Nylander to be the center/face of the rebuild lol.
I know it's dumb but I just can't shake that he's the guy I was as head manning our new team and being our best player.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I'd want Stamkos in a Hossa like signing, rather than a "you need to be THE guy" signing.
I think it is about 2 years too early; my thinking was similar for Babcock though. I didn't think he was the coach to endure a rock-bottom rebuild, so Stamkos may be of the same thought.

If he is fine with a few more years of building, you can't say no to such level of talent.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Honestly I've got a completely stupid reason for why I don't want Stamkos to come to Toronto... I want Nylander to be the center/face of the rebuild lol.
I know it's dumb but I just can't shake that he's the guy I was as head manning our new team and being our best player.

:laugh: it's not dumb, per se. it makes a heck of a lot of sense.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON

I definitely see where you're coming from, but why not shoot for as many potential franchise players as possible? Besides, I would say Marner, our 1st round pick this year, and even Rielly, have as much of a chance of becoming the face of the franchise as Nylander.

Getting back on topic, I would give an arm and a leg for us to lose both games on this Florida swing. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAASSEEEEEEEEEEEE.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets
Ben Bishop to make his 1st start vs Toronto this season. Vasilievskiy has started the previous 4. #TMLtalk
-------------------------------------------
Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets
Morgan Rielly and Slater Koekkoek teammates at Notre Dame College where they won a Telus Cup. Adversaries tonight.
-------------------------------------------
Jonas Siegel @jonassiegel
Sens announce that Clarke MacArthur (concussion) and Dion Phaneuf (oblique/right foot) will miss the remainder of the regular season.
------------------------------------------
Mark Masters @markhmasters
Jon Cooper confirms that Valtteri Filppula will return to TBL lineup tonight ... this morning he skated as centre on line with Palat-Stamkos
------------------------------------------
James Mirtle @mirtle
ICYMI My profile of Maple Leafs rookie Zach Hyman from the weekend
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...id=rss1&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
I definitely see where you're coming from, but why not shoot for as many potential franchise players as possible? Besides, I would say Marner, our 1st round pick this year, and even Rielly, have as much of a chance of becoming the face of the franchise as Nylander.

Getting back on topic, I would give an arm and a leg for us to lose both games on this Florida swing. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAASSEEEEEEEEEEEE.

It's extremely hard to win both games on a Florida trip, for any team. They will definitely lose at least one of them.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
But why can't he "earn" that? Artificially limiting the talent on the team so Nylander can automatically have that title is somewhat distressing.

Yeah not signing someone as good as Stamkos because we want nylander to be the face of the franchise seems pretty dumb.

Stamkos: Hey Shanny. Just wanted to express my interest in coming home and playing for the Leafs.

Shanny: Sorry Stammer we can't..we have plans to make Nylander the face of our team..you coming here ruins this great opportunity.

Stamkos:.........okkkk

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Agreed, that is pretty dumb.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
If we do get Stamkos and Nylander outplays him at some point then that's great for us. Unless Stamkos completely ***** the bed, in which case it wouldn't be great for us.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
That's a good way of looking at it... even picking up two points would be extremely costly though.

At this point, 1 point would be costly.

The Leafs passing Edmonton is pretty much unavoidable. Too many games in hand.

Winnipeg has a tough schedule so they could drop.

It's pretty depressing when you realize that the Leafs will most likely finish 27th/28th.

They should lose both games against the Panthers but the way the Leafs are playing, I don't think it's absurd to think they could win the other 6 games.

On the bright side, if they end up with a pick outside of the top 3, it could be a blessing in disguise as they might end up drafting a really good defenceman.

It still sucks as I want Matthews or Laine pretty badly.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
But why can't he "earn" that? Artificially limiting the talent on the team so Nylander can automatically have that title is somewhat distressing.

I - did not say he couldn't earn it. - Coldawg even said it was a stupid reason. it makes some sense if you stopped and think about it. maybe not the best sense - but some, if you go past that.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
I watch 'zero' maple leaf games, but I see that Ben Smith has been productive the last handful of games. Is he playing great or is he just getting lucky?

Is he worth a gamble for the next two weeks?

Annoying fantasy dude here. Thanks!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I - did not say he couldn't earn it. - Coldawg even said it was a stupid reason. it makes some sense if you stopped and think about it. maybe not the best sense - but some, if you go past that.

Curious, how does it make sense?

I want the Team to be great, don't care who the best player is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad