GDT: Tampa vs Chicago - 1 minute from now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retail1LO*

An who the hell's voice is it shouting "Hawks win!" in these commercials? It's sure as hell not Foley's and he sounds like absolute junk. Is he the radio voice for the Hawks now?

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Handzus looks terrible. There is no way the guy can handle an 82-game slate and should be relegated to fourth line duty. He no longer can consistently play well on the second line of a team that has successful aspirations.

As I said earlier, Rozsival is taking too many penalties. He has been a very lethargic and lazy player for us so far. He is making way too many mental mistakes, one of which is not being engaged.

My beef is with the veterans of this team. I'm not opposed to a few young guys getting a few more chances to inject even more life into the club.

RomersWorld*

Handzus is such crap and Q is an idiot for continuing to play him on the 2nd line when he has proven to have no chemistry with Kane and is too slow. The fact that Pirri is on the 4th line while Handzus is on the 2nd is completely baffling to me.

Bickell is best suited on the 3rd line IMO. He is a great even strength player from there and makes the Hawks a deeper scoring team.

Roszival and Brookbank are crap. Laughable that Stan gave Rozy a 2 year deal at his age when we have possible cap strap next season. Waiving Stanton to keep Brookbank and carry Kostka anyways was a completely idiotic decision and a waste of a good asset. I'd take Stanton over this years Rozy, Brookbank and Kostka EASILY. Stupid.

Also stupid was signing Khabby when we have Raanta...or should've signed someone else. Khabby is too old.

Bollig....ugh. At least Nordstrom provided some, any kind of offensive talent.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Goc-Hossa
Bickell-Pirri-Shaw
Handzus-Kruger-Morin
Smith, Bollig

That's an ideal lineup to me with one acquisition I can totally see Stan making. It also happens to be one I've been campaigning for on these boards forever.

:)

However, knowing Stan, he'll make a trade at some point for a player none of us saw coming.

Retail1LO*

Carter Hutton can't be our backup, but he can be Nashville's starter. Huh.

Retail1LO*

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Goc-Hossa
Bickell-Pirri-Shaw
Handzus-Kruger-Morin
Smith, Bollig

That's an ideal lineup to me with one acquisition I can totally see Stan making. It also happens to be one I've been campaigning for on these boards forever.

:)

However, knowing Stan, he'll make a trade at some point for a player none of us saw coming.

Goc as our 2nd. That's ******* brilliant. Please for the love of Christ, let this never come to fruition.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Handzus is such crap and Q is an idiot for continuing to play him on the 2nd line when he has proven to have no chemistry with Kane and is too slow. The fact that Pirri is on the 4th line while Handzus is on the 2nd is completely baffling to me.

Bickell is best suited on the 3rd line IMO. He is a great even strength player from there and makes the Hawks a deeper scoring team.

Roszival and Brookbank are crap. Laughable that Stan gave Rozy a 2 year deal at his age when we have possible cap strap next season. Waiving Stanton to keep Brookbank and carry Kostka anyways was a completely idiotic decision and a waste of a good asset. I'd take Stanton over this years Rozy, Brookbank and Kostka EASILY. Stupid.

Also stupid was signing Khabby when we have Raanta...or should've signed someone else. Khabby is too old.

Bollig....ugh. At least Nordstrom provided some, any kind of offensive talent.

Rozy was big for team and is good mentor for Leddy

Outside of his stupid penalties this year I have no issue for him. And Brookbank is ok #7

Stanton is not some amazing asset ,, Dahlbeck looked better then him anyway

Raanta is not exactly dominating AHL

Bollig has played well all year

Nothingman*

Off topic....are the Reebok Edge jerseys the actual jersey.....not replica?

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Goc as our 2nd. That's ****ing brilliant. Please for the love of Christ, let this never come to fruition.

Goc is a serious upgrade over Handzus, is defensively responsible, and has PK prowess.

He'd easily be the Hawks' best second-line center since Patrick Sharp during the 2010 Stanley Cup run. Yeah, I'd rather have someone other than Goc on the second line, but he's going to be available, and I don't think we're going to get a Stastny or anything like that. You take what you can get, and Goc is, without question, an upgrade.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Goc is a serious upgrade over Handzus, is defensively responsible, and has PK prowess.

He'd easily be the Hawks' best second-line center since Patrick Sharp during the 2010 Stanley Cup run. Yeah, I'd rather have someone other than Goc on the second line, but he's going to be available, and I don't think we're going to get a Stastny or anything like that. You take what you can get, and Goc is, without question, an upgrade.

Goc has no offensive ability

If you want a guy who can play D and PK then just stick Kruger there to shutdown Hossa/Sharp l

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Goc has no offensive ability

If you want a guy who can play D and PK then just stick Kruger there to shutdown Hossa/Sharp l

He's only been one of the NHL's most consistent third-line centers playing in Florida with little help.

I've been campaigning for guys like Goc and Nielsen for awhile. They will likely be available, and they would certainly be upgrades for the second line. Both guys have a very high hockey IQ and would thrive more than their previous destination playing with more talented, offensive-minded forwards to complement their skillset.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He's only been one of the NHL's most consistent third-line centers playing in Florida with little help.

I've been campaigning for guys like Goc and Nielsen for awhile. They will likely be available, and they would certainly be upgrades for the second line. Both guys have a very high hockey IQ and would thrive more than their previous destination playing with more talented, offensive-minded forwards to complement their skillset.

He is 30 yr old 3rd/4th liner who has shown no offensive ablity in his career in NHL

There is a reason he has not been a #2C and it isn't because of organization he has played for

And he hasn't exactly looked great for Panthers so far this year. Yes the entire team looks terrible but he isn't some god out there on ice

Also Goc has shown very little of the offensive upside of Nielsen so I don't understand the comparable there

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
He is 30 yr old 3rd/4th liner who has shown no offensive ablity in his career in NHL

There is a reason he has not been a #2C and it isn't because of organization he has played for

And he hasn't exactly looked great for Panthers so far this year. Yes the entire team looks terrible but he isn't some god out there on ice

Yes, because calling Marcel Goc an upgrade over Michal Handzus is equivalent to calling him a "god." Nice logic there, BWC.

RomersWorld*

Kaner!!! wooo

maybe won't have to see a hf50 post after tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad