GDT: Tampa @ Toronto - TSN 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I am not living and dying on this team. If they win and make the playoffs, great. If they lose, don't make the playoffs and make major changes, great. Win-win in my mind.
Major changes won't be made though if we miss, so you'd better hope we make it.

There's far to many excuses going around to make big changes.

Injuries
Coaching change
Backup goalie

That'll all be an excuse to return with a more or less intact team. And you know what? They might not be wrong doing that. Many great teams have missed the playoffs, which sounds odd but is completely true. (Washington 2014, Boston 2016, Tampa 2018)

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Shanny endorsing Dubas' vision has me thinking he won't fire Dubas and as such somebody from above needs to make the call to fire Shanny, Dubas and Keefe. Sadly what it will take to get that somebody to make the call will take more losing and/or embarrassment.

Yes, tragically the coach with a career 26-15-5 record probably won't be fired a few months into his tenure.

Great post. Love this fanbase.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Injuries
Coaching change
Backup goalie

That'll all be an excuse to return with a more or less intact team. And you know what? They might not be wrong doing that. Many great teams have missed the playoffs, which sounds odd but is completely true. (Washington 2014, Boston 2016, Tampa 2018)

Our bottom 6 are not adding anything. I can accept minor changes but you cannot come back with the same bottom 6. Heck Marincin has more points than Goat and Engvall in the past month.

Reactions: Cobra777

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
They are all one game but you can't keep losing them in the fashion they have been losing them. They still have a get out of jail free card if they beat the Panthers but that may still not be enough.

I'll agree with that. Just wanted to make sure we're looking at the big picture. Not that it's a pretty picture or anything ...

Reactions: ToneDog

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018

Injuries
Coaching change
Backup goalie

If we keep missing there'll be changes. This year would be step one. A necessary evil unfortunately

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
If they muster up a game like they played the clinic they put on the 2nd game against the Pens 4-0 60 minute hockey game they will succeed in this game tonight

If I was Keefe I would tie them all up to a chair facing a screen re running that game clip over and over all day lol.

Reactions: rubous

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
It would be nice if the Scotiabank Arena crowd brought some energy tonight, not just the usual corporate ticket silence.

Reactions: OddyOh

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Shanny endorsing Dubas' vision has me thinking he won't fire Dubas and as such somebody from above needs to make the call to fire Shanny, Dubas and Keefe. Sadly what it will take to get that somebody to make the call will take more losing and/or embarrassment. Cue the waffle thrower.

Interesting stat, if Dubas' boys run the table they will tie Babs' and Lou's 105 point team.
They don’t need to be fired tonight. The players need to kick a$$ or chew bubblegum and we’re all out of bubblegum

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
We will have a trump huge jump mentally and energically wise tonight because of our rielly's absence! Mayne we harder now baby! Like mayne we might even WIN the gezame tonight. For certainly it'll make barries offensive job also easier and he'll be able to contribute now even harder. He our first pp sucka for life sire and now he'll be able to make those offensive rushes since the sucka knows there's rielly back who's even more followed by fans than barrie himself. Mayne we hard now, our latin thugs in clifford will also kill.

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
Takes time for Rielly to get up to speed, good to have him back, but hold your horses on those expectations, Tampa will come fired up after losing to us. Yes it does matter to ppl with that kind of drive. I guess its a coin flip tonight, we need to get the first goal, then we seem to win

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
I'm an eternal optimist but I can't help feel that this is the definition of a scheduled loss.

1. Returning from a West coast trip typically doesn't bode well for eastern teams.

2. Tampa coming off a loss to Detroit, and a loss to Toronto in our last game..they're gonna bring it.

3. New lines, new pairings, New PP look..all at the same time.

That said, I'm sure we'll play well and give a good effort. I'll be cheering relentlessly.

Combine that with them taking Bostons cheap shots and roughing all night and still winning...

Leafs are gonna seem like 12 yr old girls with helmets on.

Lets hope they prove us wrong tonight

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
JZ9mJXPS_o.gif

Golden

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Is anyone not going due to virus? I am going. Just got a couple calls from buddies cancelling. they are having a hard time getting resellers to pick up tickets. looks like a ton of tickets on ticketmaster like thousands. it is tuesday night but seems way outta whack given it is Tampa. WEIRD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln