GDT: Tampa @ Toronto - TSN 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
NHL Game Page

Lets hope the right version of the Team shows up tonight.
This may be their easiest game of the week. A loss here and they can quickly find themselves on a 6 game winless streak.

Rielly is back.

Matthews/Nylander and Tavares/Marner re-united.

Strong effort by Andersen is a must.

Last edited:

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
NHL Game Page

Rielly possibly back.

The nice thing is that he's shown improvement over his last few starts. Yes the first periods against Florida and Vancouver weren't the hottest but he shut it down after that, and he has 2 shutouts in his last 6 starts.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
NHL Game Page

This may be their easiest game of the week. A loss here and they can quickly find themselves on a 6 game winless streak.

Rielly possibly back.

We need Rielly back, please be back tonight. I don't care if it's first game put him on the top power play unit, they've been dreadful.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Gotta think Rielly's gonna be a little slow out there tonight. Hopefully he recovered from whatever ailed him before the fracture.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Prediction:
Period 1: Weak first 15 min, strong last 5. Down a goal
Period 2: Strong 2nd ; up 1 goal
Period 3: Weak 3rd...hang on for a 1 goal win.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Gotta think Rielly's gonna be a little slow out there tonight. Hopefully he recovered from whatever ailed him before the fracture.

Hopefully. he did say yesterday that the time off allowed him to heal everything that was bugging him and that he "feels good". if we can get 2018/2019 Rielly back, were in pretty good shape

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
At this point I just want this season to be over so we can retool and have a good team again. It's hard getting excited for games knowing even if we get a big win here and against the Bruins, they'll just blow the points next time a subpar team rolls into town.

I don't think Dubas has the ball to do what is needed to win though. I think Shanny and Dubas need to go and they need to bring in an experienced GM like the Pens did after Shero. Get an unbiased person in to make hard win now moves based on the results and not relationships.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It's getting real now. First this virus thing has me worried and because of it I just decided to not play in a chess tournament this weekend that I had registered for. Now these gosh darn Leafs, for the first time this season I'm starting to seriously worry we might not even make the playoffs.

Hoping that Rielly looks like an all-star tonight, that these rumours about team unity are just rumours, that whatever it is that's afflicting our team magically disappears overnight and we start consistently playing like a team that is not less than the sum of it's parts. Oh yeah, most importantly I'm hoping that the impact of this virus ends up being a lot less than many people think.

Am I asking for too much? Probably.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I'm an eternal optimist but I can't help feel that this is the definition of a scheduled loss.

1. Returning from a West coast trip typically doesn't bode well for eastern teams.

2. Tampa coming off a loss to Detroit, and a loss to Toronto in our last game..they're gonna bring it.

3. New lines, new pairings, New PP look..all at the same time.

That said, I'm sure we'll play well and give a good effort. I'll be cheering relentlessly.

Reactions: Rogie and ACC1224

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
At this point I just want this season to be over so we can retool and have a good team again. It's hard getting excited for games knowing even if we get a big win here and against the Bruins, they'll just blow the points next time a subpar team rolls into town.

I don't think Dubas has the ball to do what is needed to win though. I think Shanny and Dubas need to go and they need to bring in an experienced GM like the Pens did after Shero. Get an unbiased person in to make hard win now moves based on the results and not relationships.

And, I just can't wait for us to get into the playoffs, where ANY TEAM can go on a run, and maybe that's the Leafs, they have the potential is what i am saying ...

Reactions: Madap and Loosie

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
And, I just can't wait for us to get into the playoffs, where ANY TEAM can go on a run, and maybe that's the Leafs, they have the potential is what i am saying ...

I won't fault fans for cheering for their team. In my opinion, they have done nothing in the past 1.5 years to show they deserve to have that "potential" title.

Paced for 17th OA in the league Jan onwards last year, lost in the first round, choking away 2 games they could have put the Bruins away.

Followed it up by getting their coach fired and doing nothing else consistently.

Seems like you are just setting yourself up for heart break by putting faith in these losers.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Is it bad I think Rielly - Ceci pairing is going to get absolutely shredded tn?

Rielly first game back from a serious injury has to carry Ceci on his back.

gyzmo

Apr 24, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
JZ9mJXPS_o.gif

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Is it bad I think Rielly - Ceci pairing is going to get absolutely shredded tn?

Rielly first game back from a serious injury has to carry Ceci on his back.
Can you see a better alternative?

Could well be the case, but it's probably best case scenario.

Better than Sandin carrying Ceci..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->