GDT: Tampa @ Toronto - TSN 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Why anyone is excited about this year Reily returning is beyond me. Can't see it making a big difference down the stretch. Still happy he's back. He'll be good for our bench.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Why anyone is excited about this year Reily returning is beyond me. Can't see it making a big difference down the stretch. Still happy he's back. He'll be good for our bench.
he could very well be back better than what he showed this season, they said he had an injury he was playing through before he got hurt... I think he will find his groove.

Reactions: Cobra777

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Can you see a better alternative?

Could well be the case, but it's probably best case scenario.

Better than Sandin carrying Ceci..

.......................valid

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I'm an eternal optimist but I can't help feel that this is the definition of a scheduled loss.

1. Returning from a West coast trip typically doesn't bode well for eastern teams.

2. Tampa coming off a loss to Detroit, and a loss to Toronto in our last game..they're gonna bring it.

3. New lines, new pairings, New PP look..all at the same time.

That said, I'm sure we'll play well and give a good effort. I'll be cheering relentlessly.
Hedman is out ... Rielly is back ... Leafs play a run and gun game better than anyone else

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Florida won last night; i.e. it is a MUST WIN game for the leafs

quite frankly if it is up to me I would do the following for defense tonight:

Dermott Holl (first pairing)
Rielly Marincin (yea i know; but marincin>ceci)
Sandin Barrie

scratch: Ceci

and if they have to play ceci then roll:

Dermott Barrie
Reilly Holl
Marincin Ceci ( :facepalm: pairing - doubt Sandin draws in though - used sparingly and only on PKs)

When fully healthy:

Muzzin Holl
Rielly Dermott
Marincin/Sandin Barrie

Ceci scares the crap out of me on ice.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Didn’t they beat Tampa Bay the game before the worst lost in our history?

Do you mean after the worst loss in history? Yea, but now there is more pressure and these guys, especially Freddy don't seem to like pressure.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
he could very well be back better than what he showed this season, they said he had an injury he was playing through before he got hurt... I think he will find his groove.
i like Morgan. He had a solid partner replaced with Ceci.

He's only a man :p

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Do you mean after the worst loss in history? Yea, but now there is more pressure and these guys, especially Freddy don't seem to like pressure.
Oof, i think I phrased that incorrectly but yes.

I don’t trust Freddy in high pressure scenario, however, this team does have the capability to beat excellent teams so I wouldn’t be surprise if they won this match.

Reactions: Dave92

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Shanny endorsing Dubas' vision has me thinking he won't fire Dubas and as such somebody from above needs to make the call to fire Shanny, Dubas and Keefe. Sadly what it will take to get that somebody to make the call will take more losing and/or embarrassment. Cue the waffle thrower.

Interesting stat, if Dubas' boys run the table they will tie Babs' and Lou's 105 point team.

Reactions: Legendary

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
No excuses night.

Play to win. 1 point is a must. Zero points is unacceptable.

If you can't beat this TB team sans Hedman and Stamkos in a must game, then you do not deserve to make the playoffs. I am fine with that as long as somebody pays with their head.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If you can't beat this TB team sans Hedman and Stamkos in a must game, then you do not deserve to make the playoffs. I am fine with that as long as somebody pays with their head.

Anything can happen, it's just one game.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
I won't fault fans for cheering for their team. In my opinion, they have done nothing in the past 1.5 years to show they deserve to have that "potential" title.

Paced for 17th OA in the league Jan onwards last year, lost in the first round, choking away 2 games they could have put the Bruins away.

Followed it up by getting their coach fired and doing nothing else consistently.

Seems like you are just setting yourself up for heart break by putting faith in these losers.

They've broken my heart so many times, it mends really fast now lol ....

I know, I"m mostly an optimist - hey, maybe Campbell becomes a playoff hero - you never know how this movie could end. Or, maybe they start playing like they care lol.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
I'm really looking forward to this game should be a great one. Hoping the lads come through and show everyone that they have leadership and emotion.

Tampa are Boston light with an overall better collection/mix of skilled guys with an edge.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
They've broken my heart so many times, it mends really fast now lol ....

I know, I"m mostly an optimist - hey, maybe Campbell becomes a playoff hero - you never know how this movie could end. Or, maybe they start playing like they care lol.

I am not living and dying on this team. If they win and make the playoffs, great. If they lose, don't make the playoffs and make major changes, great. Win-win in my mind.

Reactions: Rogie and Cobra777

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Shanny endorsing Dubas' vision has me thinking he won't fire Dubas and as such somebody from above needs to make the call to fire Shanny, Dubas and Keefe. Sadly what it will take to get that somebody to make the call will take more losing and/or embarrassment. Cue the waffle thrower.

Interesting stat, if Dubas' boys run the table they will tie Babs' and Lou's 105 point team.

The Marlies are floundering as well, not a good look for TML organization.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

Well seeing as most of the core of the Marlies that had the good runs are now on the Leafs, as well as their coach, that's to be expected.

AHL teams are like Junior teams. They are very cyclical. You draft some good young players, they play in the AHL on teams that are good, they get called up and don't return, hence leaving a void.

Reactions: CelticDruid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad