Ravenhair

Oct 9, 2019
Do you believe Babcock comes to read this forum? And does the opposite :laugh:

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
With how close the Atlantic will be... yeah, every game against the contenders matter, even if it's the fifth.

I agree the Atlantic should be close all year. Although it’s not a must win, getting points against the division is very important.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Imagine that Dubas is Babs' father.

Dubas works all day to earn a living and will still stop at Toys'R'us and buy all kinds of toys to take home and surprise his infant son. Such a great dad, eh.

Dubas tells the infant he can have them all however Babs already knows what he likes just based off of the shape of the toys.

Once his father leaves the room, Babs then proceeds to put toys he doesn't like in a small bin and places it underneath his crib for it to collect dust :badidea:

Buscher would likely play with the packaging and never touch the toy.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Tough schedule to start the season.
We played 4 games in 6 nights.
We are playing the 5th game, some teams have only played 2 games so far.

In any case, if we win today we end up with 7 points out of 10 in this brutal schedule. I would consider that an excellent result.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

In any case, if we win today we end up with 7 points out of 10 in this brutal schedule. I would consider that an excellent result.

And that may be the easy part of the month.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Mikheyev/Tavares/Marner
Moore/Matthews/Nylander
Johnsson/Kerfoot/Kappy
Tima/Gauthier/Spezza.

Thanks to the rest for coming out but lets start rolling 4 lines that are playing their proper wings and has penalty killers on each line for great coverage if one of them penalty killers are the one in the box. There will always be fresh/rested pk’ers ready. That third line matches any in the league but it might be prudent to get Mikheyev and Moore signed to extension early ha. Kappy and Johnsson need to get going so i move the pressure off them and protect them in the QoC by moving them down.

Moore and Mikheyev are already going so move them up. It makes sense to me but wtfdik
I don't understand why Babcock is soo adamant on not trying different lines. Kappy needs to gtfo off the second line and move him down. Johnsson I don't mind as much on the first line but can be moved down as well just to experiment. His stubbornness is frustrating

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Exactly... and they've had a few days off with practice now. Im feeling good about tonight. Tampa needs there ass kicked for a change.

And that may be the easy part of the month.

This is true too... but you want to be a top team... you just find ways to win.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Imagine that Dubas is Babs' father.

Dubas works all day to earn a living and will still stop at Toys'R'us and buy all kinds of toys to take home and surprise his infant son. Such a great dad, eh.

Dubas tells the infant he can have them all however Babs already knows what he likes just based off of the shape of the toys.

Once his father leaves the room, Babs then proceeds to put toys he doesn't like in a small bin and places it underneath his crib for it to collect dust :badidea:
Oh lord, what has he done wrong now?

Reactions: ACC1224

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Lets see how good the cap looks there next year after they sign sergachev and Vas is making $6,000,000 more than this year in their net;)

Point will be more fun for them in 3 years also. We are set pretty well actually for a longer time so the fluidity of cap space is a wash in many cases.

Fans have to be envious of TB as they have among the most talent in the NHL at many positions and are on the best cap friendly contracts. That is the formula to set up your team for success and Lightning are Cup contenders because of it.

Our Leafs are at a disadvantage when it comes to using more cap and get less production.

Its very true like all teams TB will have more cap issues down the road but that is where cap friendly contracts will really start to pay dividends. Case in point if Vas increases by $6 mil per, but so will Barrie if the Leafs try and keep him and he goes from $2.75 mil to > $8 mil per. .At this point would you rather have Point making $6.75 mil or Marner at $10.89 mil if they both put up the same points in a season.

Right now with Point on IR, and Marner healthy Leafs will have an advantage in this game due to injuries. So tonight I like Leafs chances more than when TB is healthy.

I'm using TB cap management as the base line to good contract management and comparing all the other Cup contenders against them when it comes to on ice success, because I believe creating a competitive team begins with good cap management as that then extends to the on ice product as to the amount of skill and talent you can dress.. Odds makers would say the better your bang for your cap buck the better your odds are for success on paper..

Lucky the game isn't played on paper and so it still comes down to what happens on the ice not how much the players are making, so as long as Leafs stay healthy we remain competitive against anyone on a night to night basis based on talent we can ice regardless of price.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
Fans have to be envious of TB as they have among the most talent in the NHL at many positions and are on the best cap friendly contracts. That is the formula to set up your team for success and Lightning are Cup contenders because of it.

Our Leafs are at a disadvantage when it comes to using more cap and get less production.

Its very true like all teams TB will have more cap issues down the road but that is where cap friendly contracts will really start to pay dividends. Case in point if Vas increases by $6 mil per, but so will Barrie if the Leafs try and keep him and he goes from $2.75 mil to > $8 mil per. .At this point would you rather have Point making $6.75 mil or Marner at $10.89 mil if they both put up the same points in a season.

Right now with Point on IR, and Marner healthy Leafs will have an advantage in this game due to injuries. So tonight I like Leafs chances more than when TB is healthy.

I'm using TB cap management as the base line to good contract management and comparing all the other Cup contenders against them when it comes to on ice success, because I believe creating a competitive team begins with good cap management as that then extends to the on ice product as to the amount of skill and talent you can dress.. Odds makers would say the better your bang for your cap buck the better your odds are for success on paper..

Lucky the game isn't played on paper and so it still comes down to what happens on the ice not how much the players are making, so as long as Leafs stay healthy we remain competitive against anyone on a night to night basis based on talent we can ice regardless of price.
Unless things change today, it is expected Point will be back tonight

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Toronto can't be dropping 3 in a row at home. Calling it now - a hat trick from the captain.

GO LEAFS GO!

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

I get ya. I see things only slightly different when comparing. I like our potential options in trade and promotion also. I think a surprise trade or two will come to the Leafs over these next two seasons. Many think this team is finished product however i view it as incomplete. You can’t take anything away from T- bay for cap efficiency. Great job this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad