Pre-Game Talk: Tampa @ Toronto - Thursday October 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Maybe will know by the next practice date (today).

Seemed like after last game Babcock was indicating he might be sticking to certain guys soon. I thought the 4th line did well last game.

Sandin looked better too. Itll be nice when Dermotts back. 3 solid pairings.

Reactions: qqaz and ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Maybe will know by the next practice date (today).

Seemed like after last game Babcock was indicating he might be sticking to certain guys soon. I thought the 4th line did well last game.

Sandin looked better too. Itll be nice when Dermotts back. 3 solid pairings.
Agreed.
Sandin looked more comfortable with Holl.

Reactions: Burnie97

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Might have to do with getting some reasonable ice as well... hard to get in a groove with under 10 min
Could be,tough to say.

Did they get more ice because they were playing well or were they playing well because they got more ice?

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Hopefully they win or this place will go off the rails, even further. Could go either way, two great teams head to head.

And TB is pretty upset with their performance so far in their 3 games (1-1-1) and Point might be back for this game so they will be bringing their A game. Did you see Stamkos interview after their loss to the Canes, see here ---

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
And TB is pretty upset with their performance so far in their 3 games (1-1-1) and Point might be back for this game so they will be bringing their A game. Did you see Stamkos interview after their loss to the Canes, see here ---

Damn, never seen Stamkos sound so defeated and looks frustrated almost to the point like he's given up. Must've carried over from last season PO.

In case you encounter video playback, here's the direct link:

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Amber made a good observation, we're the fourth youngest team in the league with 8 new players.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Damn, never seen Stamkos sound so defeated and looks frustrated almost to the point like he's given up. Must've carried over from last season PO.

In case you encounter video playback, here's the direct link:

Looks like a guy who should've demanded more money.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Petan-Gauthier-Spezza should be the 4th line moving forward. They have been the best combo thus far through 4 games.

Sandin and Holl have also looked better then Sandin and Marincin.

Babcock should roll with this lineup until proven otherwise. TB game will be a good test.

Hopefully Babcock's ego doesn't get in the way.

Shore rubbed me the wrong way in the Canadiens game. I was at the game, Marner got rubbed out hard after a PK by Petry, Shore did nothing other then give him a stick to the back of the legs. I was sitting right there, Petry was willing to drop the gloves. Shore turned away.

This is what Shore is here for, the big bodied banger with some toughness. To me he lost his job on the 4th line. Petan and Spezza can do the same thing with more skill.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I’m concerned about our supposed top line being able to produce in another tough game.

Right now we have too many top players struggling.

Matthews and Nylander playing lights out is fantastic. I like our third line for the most part. Rielly and Ceci need to get better. Marner, Tavares, Kap as well.

This game will be a challenge for sure, especially against a team that also needs to step up and will be looking to prove themselves.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
The Leafs are super skilled but when Hyman and Dermott come back they get a little bit tougher and tougher to play against.

I would not be opposed to trading a bit of skill at the deadline for a toughness upgrade. I think back to the Mike Johnson for Darcy Tucker trade many years ago. At the time Tucker wasn't as offensive as Johnson but he filled a hole that needed filling in the lineup.

Not sure what that trade looks like today.

Reactions: ACC1224

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Tampa struggling and Stamkos called out his team. I have a feeling they are going to snap their streak against us and play a really good game. Boys will need to be dialed in.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
We'll be rested and had a chance to practice a few times. Coming off a loss to a good team but playing well. I see no reason why we can't hang with Tampa. Sure we could still lose (bad goaltending or special teams let us down or crap reffing...can't predict any of that) but I will be watching to see if we have what it takes to hang with the best. We did on Monday we need to do it again. A win will be nice but we have to keep getting better and make sure teams know that we won't be an easy W when you play us.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This will be a great test for the Leafs against one of the best teams in the NHL and strongest among Cup contenders.

This could be seen as cap unfriendly vs cap friendly matchup, where TB has a advantage by a deeper team due to better cap management and contracts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->