Dreger: Tampa has inquired on Simmonds and Ferland

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
We can still keep Girardi in the press box and not have to bring anyone in. Just Cooper is an idiot and wants to make everyone happy so he keeps rotating a few guys instead of sticking with the best 6. Gudas is an upgrade on Girardi but is he that much on Coburn? Coburn has had some rough patches but he's having a really good year and bringing in another D just scratches him. We need someone who's clearly a tier above Coburn which I don't think Gudas is.
You're right. I forgot about the dumba$$ D rotation. Girardi can sit now, as he should, and we stop with the rotation. I prefer Coburn too. While his play has leveled off some from earlier in the year, he is still playing much better this year than in the previous few years. I also like his toughness as well. Girardi is good at blocking shots, sure, but I feel that's about all he has going for him these days and I definitely feel Cernak has played well enough to earn being in the lineup every night.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
This is really not what we've seen in TB. He's played well. My only complaint is he definitely became more of a perimeter player in the playoffs, much like NYR fans predicted. But his regular season play has been in line with what we'd hoped he'd be. Definitely a $5m player, at least in the regular season. His playoff performances are definitely concerning though.
Third or fourth TB fan to say the same in response to this, so what can I say. For the handful of games I've seen in TB in the regular season, I'm just not impressed if he's not the PP, and it looks like he's been bumped to the bottom 6, out of place when I watched him. Maybe the majority of other games hes' been good/great/played well/deserving of the contract.

I still think the acquiring team will be disappointed with his production if he's traded.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
How is that a good deal for Tampa? A player worth a 1st +, a 1st + a prospect who was just picked in the 2nd. For a package like that I'd be targeting Hamilton.
If the deal is to cut cap spacethen you get a RHD with NHL Experience, the rough and tumble forward you want. In Return The Canes get a forward for the help they need a lower tier 1st round pick in 2020 and a prospect.

If the Canes need to sweeten the deal then we can throw in Calgary's 6th for 2019.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I don’t think Tampa can trade their 1st or 2nd in 2019 til the off season. At least according to capfriendly they traded away their 2nd and it upgrades to a 1st if they win the Cup.

Not being able to trade their 1st or 2nd this year would make any big buy really tough. I don’t think I’d trade Simmonds or Gudas separately without at least a 1st or 2nd being a piece coming back.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Am I or capfriendly wrong that Tampa can’t trade their 2nd or 1st yet? Everyone seems to be proposing deals with the 2nd.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Flyers should easily say no to this proposal. Flyers don't need non impact forwards that they could potentially lose in the expansion draft the following year.

They need high draft picks (1st) or young high end prospects that don't need to be exposed in the expansion draft or an impact forward or defensemen worth protecting and building through. Miller doesn't fit the bill. Raddysh would... Gudas alone is worth the 2nd and good prospect

Reactions: Devonator

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If the deal is to cut cap spacethen you get a RHD with NHL Experience, the rough and tumble forward you want. In Return The Canes get a forward for the help they need a lower tier 1st round pick in 2020 and a prospect.

If the Canes need to sweeten the deal then we can throw in Calgary's 6th for 2019.

It's not

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Third or fourth TB fan to say the same in response to this, so what can I say. For the handful of games I've seen in TB in the regular season, I'm just not impressed if he's not the PP, and it looks like he's been bumped to the bottom 6, out of place when I watched him. Maybe the majority of other games hes' been good/great/played well/deserving of the contract.

I still think the acquiring team will be disappointed with his production if he's traded.

He's in the bottom-six through no fault of his own. We've found magic in Johnson-Point-Kucherov, and Stamkos is working well with Palat and Gourde.

I think maybe it's more about expectations. We didn't expect Miller to be a star player. If he gets us 50 points, we're pretty happy, especially given his role. We don't depend on him for a whole lot of goals. It doesn't seem like that was the case in NY, so he was a source of disappointment, whereas, for us, everything he gives is like a bonus.

Although, again, I'll give you guys credit for accurately predicting his playoff performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad