Post-Game Talk: Tampa @ Bruins - B's win 3-2!!!

MaCam

Oct 5, 2005
Eastern Mass
Was anyone else 100% certain Marchand was scoring there if he touched the puck after getting demolished from behind 10 seconds before? I KNEW if that puck went to him, the game was over. The Bs kick it up a few notches when pissed off, and with Marchand playing as well as he is right now, pissing him off isn't a great idea.

Yeah, I was expecting him to score as well. He has just been on fire this season.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Something I've learned over the years here: Bruins fans dont know what a real horrible goaltender plays like.

has to be new fans...
With the goalie revolving door since the moog/lemelin split until Tim thomas, it is mind boggling that bruins fans could be so pissy

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Big win...the Bourque third line experiment has to end.

It has to end . . . It has to end . . . :shakehead

And Bourque is not a fourth line player.

I was hoping that Bourque, who has been so successful offensively in the AHL, would come in and help the Bruins. He is trying hard but it isn't happening.

He's had a really fair shot from the Bruins. Time to go back and help Providence win the Calder Cup.

Last edited:

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Still hard to believe young Douglas is only a rookie.

563547_10151504194242682_437249330_n.jpg

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Once again, Marchand carries the team on his nose.

Then again, you could land plane on that nose, so.

Marchand can pick a corner. Love the posturing on that goal. Bergeron telegraphed he was going to pass it the whole time. B/c he knows Marchand is going to put it exactly where he should w/ a goalie moving across. Right in the extreme top corner.

bruins04

Mar 3, 2007
Yeah, I was expecting him to score as well. He has just been on fire this season.

+1 if he didn't, it would have been his first 2 game 'drought' of the year :laugh:
he has been consistent and makes me thankful that chia locked him up early

Chieftans22*

He's had a really fair shot from the Bruins. Time to go back and help Providence win the Calder Cup.

The Bourque PP Experiment has to end! :help:

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI

i haven't felt that way on with someone on the bruins in a long time.
and its coming from marchand, what a story

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003

You know it's bad when we are raving about Paille on the third line. :laugh:

You could just see it in Kelly and Peverley today when they had an NHL caliber player on their line.

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
it was a fantastic goal by peverly. But come on, a wrap around secondary assist is not the savior of the 3rd line.

Don't get me wrong, i think they should keep with it because pailles speed is awesome to have but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I see alot of people here that used to call him stone hands paille loving him there today lol

That's not a wrap around pass.
It's a clean pass to the point, not forcing it like we've seen sooo many times. Good play by Paille, Quader and Peverley.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
it was a fantastic goal by peverly. But come on, a wrap around secondary assist is not the savior of the 3rd line.

Don't get me wrong, i think they should keep with it because pailles speed is awesome to have but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I see alot of people here that used to call him stone hands paille loving him there today lol

Exactly, we are happy because of who he replaced, not that he is a long term solution on the line.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
This game showed me, again, that Chiarelli MUST go and get a third line winger. We have a gaping hole on the third line.

- It was nice to see a little piss and vinegar out of the boys today, I hope it carries over to tomorrow.

- The officials. My lord.

- Tyler Seguin looked like Tyler Seguin today.

- Nathan Horton, IMO, was just awful today.

- Milan Lucic was playing with some emotion. He is due to snap, I hope it happens tomorrow.

- Dougie Hamilton can't be a rookie.

- Dobby looked shaky to me but made some saves when it was required. I don't trust him though. He's going to be playing quite a bit for the balance of the season though, I'd like to see him sharpen up a bit.

- Andrew Ference had another decent game. I think he has turned the corner.

- The 4th line was a miserable disaster. We had two players who have no right being in the NHL playing on it. Pandolfo adds nothing and Chris Bourque? Well, I think his time is done. He's about one game away from a scratch and then a demotion. It's time. Get a legit NHL player with size and grit on that third line.

- Thornton better be ready to play tomorrow.

- Rich Peverley is playing really well right now and being held back by anchors on his wings. Chris Kelly was awful, again.

Roll the Habs tomorrow. Remind them who is elite and who is run of the mill.

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
If you had told me before the game that Tampa was going to get 8 or 9 PP's this game, I would have predicted a slaughter. Just awful officiating and it went both ways. Nice to see the B's finally play with some energy after the 1st period. Good timing with Montreal coming to town.

I barely noticed Bourque at all. Barring injuries, I think his shot is coming to an end soon. Definitely bring Thornton back over Pandolfo if he's healthy.

Orrthebest

May 25, 2012
3rd line was just as bad without Bourque no difference. The Bourque haters are going to hate.

I am not saying he is the solution. I want to see an improvement on the third as well, but he is definitely the guy everyone loves to unfairly criticize this year

Ya that Peverly goal was just awful.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
If you had told me before the game that Tampa was going to get 8 or 9 PP's this game, I would have predicted a slaughter. Just awful officiating and it went both ways. Nice to see the B's finally play with some energy after the 1st period. Good timing with Montreal coming to town.

I barely noticed Bourque at all. Barring injuries, I think his shot is coming to an end soon. Definitely bring Thornton back over Pandolfo if he's healthy.
Yah, Bourque played almost no PP minutes (and our powerplay had it's best game of the season) and the 4th line played very little because of all the PK time.

He's finished. He's a place holder right now. Unless he has the game of his life tomorrow he might find himself scratched Tuesday.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

I thought Thornton played one of his better games last game against the Sens.

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
- Nathan Horton, IMO, was just awful today.

Agree with everything you said but this. I thought I saw him set up at least 3 great scoring chances and just missing a couple himself. Close but no rabbit (no Cigar? no Chicken? can't remember the saying)... But awful? I don't think so.
Seems to me like shots off the glass is more common than usual.
My question is why is everybody trying to pick corners!?

Last edited:

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Anyone know what the deal was with Thornton? He is definitely better than Pandfolfo.

I think Claude wanted an extra PK man out there today they got 4 pairings with him in.

Campbel-Paille
Pando-Pevs
Bergy-Marchy
Kelly-Krejci

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Ya that Peverly goal was just awful.

Just said it was a nice goal the set up was a beaut from Mcquiad as well. The line as a whole looked no different than normal. They have scored 4-5 goals before this as well. Doesn't mean they looked good.

Pevs looked better than usual(He has played well in a few other games as well). Kelly was still awful, and Paille did what you expect him to do.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I think Claude wanted an extra PK man out there today they got 4 pairings with him in.

Campbel-Paille
Pando-Pevs
Bergy-Marchy
Kelly-Krejci

Did the refs warn Claude that the B's were going to get lots of penalties today?

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Agree with everything you said but this. I thought I saw him set up at least 3 great scoring chances and just missing a couple himself. Close but no rabbit (no Cigar? no Chicken? can't remember the saying)... But awful? I don't think so.
Seems to me like shots off the glass is more common than usual.
My question is why is everybody trying to pick corners!?

It's cigar. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad