Post-Game Talk: Tampa @ Bruins - B's win 3-2!!!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'd like to think veterans like Ference and Kelly will be able to find their game again if given enough time. Not sure what the reasons are for their worse play this season but there's a good chance they will get back to form based on their past performance.

I think Ference will be fine.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I caught about a 2 minute stretch on the radio after the game was tied, but I want to weigh in with what I learned through Twitter updates.

Seguin scored his first "legit" goal of the year? And on the PP? Great to see. I really hope it gets him going.

Great to see Peverley get a goal. Hopefully that gets him going as well.

Marchand scores again. That guy has been nothing short of fantastic all season long.

I'm glad Khudobin shut the door after an apparently rough first 10 minutes. Also great to see the team bounce back, as they so often do.

14-2-2 is nice. Especially when they haven't been playing their absolute best every game.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
574760_539116682795539_397136467_n.png

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but we got lucky on the winner. It was at least a foot off Side. Nice to get one of those go our way for a change.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Somehow by the way this game was officiated, I'm betting the league just sent out a video tutorial on calling boarding penalties...with a no-tolerance reminder. Four of the weakest boarding calls in recent memory (and I'm not being a homer, calls were weak against both teams):rant:
But that's my only rant, today was a "black n' gold never quits" kind of win....nice day to take over first place in the conference! Now let's push the Habs a little more back tomorrow night:yo::yo:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The Bs kick it up a few notches when pissed off, and with Marchand playing as well as he is right now, pissing him off isn't a great idea.

I have always thought this team played its best when they were mad-disciplined but mad.

I think that side of them came out today-especially with some of the really awful calls (and even more so the one on Lucic for being big and hitting hard and most of being Lucic).

I liked seeing them with that edge and Marchand definitely was on fire after what was or wasn't a cross check (never saw a replay by NESN and not sure if it actually was a crosscheck or a clean hit).

I hope the Bruins didn't leave anything on the ice today, and they come out fighting hard against the Habs.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the Tampa lockerroom today-you just know Boucher wanted to throw things.

Tampa has some wicked good offense-and it is a credit to the PK that there weren't more than 2 goals given the number of PP opportunities for Tampa.

Stamkos is awesome-probably one of the best shooters in the league (and really IMO probably the best). I would love to have somebody who could shoot like that on the Bruins.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Just a question, but was Pouliot's injury on the Seids hit? And if so, does this mean he is going to get a call from Shanahan? I sure enough don't want him suspended-especially for the Habs game.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
You know it's bad when we are raving about Paille on the third line. :laugh:

You could just see it in Kelly and Peverley today when they had an NHL caliber player on their line.

What a difference in Kelly and Peverley today. Not that Paille is the answer, but when you have someone half decent to play with it makes a world of difference.

Nice to see they got Bourque off the PP and he had a limited role on the fourth lien with 7:17 minutes. Again that fourth line did not look good.

Time to say bye-bye Bourque.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
couldn't catch the game today but just got a chance to check the box score on tsn and in the 3rd it showed a 5 minute elbow major on Crombeen and a 5 minute major to Campbell. Can someone inform me as to what happened or if this is just a typo

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but we got lucky on the winner. It was at least a foot off Side. Nice to get one of those go our way for a change.

PVR slow mo 1\15 show clearly Marchand synchronized it perfectly.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
3rd line was just as bad without Bourque no difference. The Bourque haters are going to hate.

I am not saying he is the solution. I want to see an improvement on the third as well, but he is definitely the guy everyone loves to unfairly criticize this year

it is really too hard to tell anything from one game as far as whether this is any improvement or not

disfigured

Mar 29, 2003
Lowell MA
Sorry if it was mentioned earlier in the thread....

Why was Thornton benched? Injury?

On Pandolpho's first or second shift, Jack mentioned Thornton was a "late scratch". He could have pulled something in the warmups, or Clode might have been just going on a hunch.

Kooby looked a bit rusty. The Stamkos goal was a rocket and he even got a piece of it. He settled down as the game went on.

There's offensive things I don't like about this team, but they're finding ways to win.

I like the quick starts they've been having. That's something new in their arsenal. If they could only captalize on an early chance they wouldn't find themselves in so many holes. I'm not crazy about the defensive shell they might go into if scoring early, but it is their forte. And when need be they seem to be able to let the horses run wild to a certain extent (with in Clode's framework).

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
On Pandolpho's first or second shift, Jack mentioned Thornton was a "late scratch". He could have pulled something in the warmups, or Clode might have been just going on a hunch.

Kooby looked a bit rusty. The Stamkos goal was a rocket and he even got a piece of it. He settled down as the game went on.

There's offensive things I don't like about this team, but they're finding ways to win.

I like the quick starts they've been having. That's something new in their arsenal. If they could only captalize on an early chance they wouldn't find themselves in so many holes. I'm not crazy about the defensive shell they might go into if scoring early, but it is their forte. And when need be they seem to be able to let the horses run wild to a certain extent (with in Clode's framework).
It's too bad they signed Pandolpho. He's smart, but his game is cooked. He's stepping in now when it would have, and should be, McDermid. The kid can play in that fourth line role and shouldn't be spending a season in a suit. He hasn't played in close to a month now.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
What a difference in Kelly and Peverley today. Not that Paille is the answer, but when you have someone half decent to play with it makes a world of difference.

Nice to see they got Bourque off the PP and he had a limited role on the fourth lien with 7:17 minutes. Again that fourth line did not look good.

Time to say bye-bye Bourque.

While I don't believe Bourque is the reason the 3rd line hasn't clicked (and he's played decently the last few weeks), Kelly and Peverley are far more established and well-compensated players. So, unless there's a major trade involving a top-six upgrade, Bourque is the logical odd man out. I liked giving Paille the chance on the third line. His game is suited for it, even if his finishing touch is somewhat deficient. Someone else had mentioned he's likely to create more chances for Kelly and Peverley to finish.

It's too bad they signed Pandolpho. He's smart, but his game is cooked. He's stepping in now when it would have, and should be, McDermid. The kid can play in that fourth line role and shouldn't be spending a season in a suit. He hasn't played in close to a month now.

Not sure why Pandolfo got the nod over MacDermid, either, particularly with Thornton the scratch. If the idea was to get Pandolfo into a game, I would have liked to see Julien go with those two on the fourth line with Campbell and sat Bourque.

Right now, while not destroying people like they did in that run last year, this team seems to have found what I would call a mental groove. Nothing distracts them from finding a way to win, even when they don't play particularly well (especially offensively). I think they are playing with tons of confidence in Julien's system and they are quite comfortable playing close, low-scoring games. They are wholly unconcerned with falling behind, even against high fliers like Tampa.

If all they do is move Paille up to the third line and make a fourth of MacDermid/Campbell/Thornton, I think that works in the short-term. Pandolfo and Bourque can rotate in to spell some guys during this intense part of the schedule. I also think we'll see a bunch of the Providence guys spending some time up for the same purpose.

Just feeling really confident and good about this team. They haven't even remotely hit their stride and they have 30 points in 18 games. Sure, a trade that gives the team more depth for the playoffs would be nice, but there is no need to move right now.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Not sure why Pandolfo got the nod over MacDermid, either, particularly with Thornton the scratch. If the idea was to get Pandolfo into a game, I would have liked to see Julien go with those two on the fourth line with Campbell and sat Bourque.

Isn't MacDermid back in Providence?

If Thornton was a late scratch, then Pandolfo was the only guy available.

Personally I am not impressed with Pandolfo and would rather see a promising prospect from Providence get those opportunities (not really a fan at all of the Pandolfo signing-he seems to add nothing one of the guys from Providence can't).

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Weird day, was all prepared to watch the game as I had originally been scheduled for the late start at the restaurant but I was asked to go in early and only saw the first period (which was frustrating). Nice to read/see highlight our boys popped a few PP goals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad