Tampa Bay wins 2-0 in Game 7, Advances to Cup

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Feels so sweet sending MSL home with nothing. Lots of no shows for the NYR.

I'm glad NBCSN spent so much time crying over the Rangers losing the series. I had no idea that there were so many valid reasons they had for losing the series. I just thought that the better team won.

Now just need to hope for a Chicago win tonight. After battling through Price and Lundqvist, TB is going to eat either of the other two guys alive in the finals.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Sidenote hopefully that was the last game St. Louis has played in a Rangers sweater (for our sake) and the last he's played in the NHL (for the fans of whatever team he signs with sake).

He's totally shot and that trade had to have been one of the better things to happen to Tampa. For Callahan bringing Stralman and Boyle, which strengthened their team and weakened ours.

Just like the Nash trade was the best thing to happen to CBJ. And the Yandle trade will be the best thing to happen to AZ once Duclair explodes in typical Ranger fashion.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Feels so sweet sending MSL home with nothing. Lots of no shows for the NYR.

I'm glad NBCSN spent so much time crying over the Rangers losing the series. I had no idea that there were so many valid reasons they had for losing the series. I just thought that the better team won.

Now just need to hope for a Chicago win tonight. After battling through Price and Lundqvist, TB is going to eat either of the other two guys alive in the finals.

Definitely agree that TB would overwhelm Chicago and Crawford.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Sidenote hopefully that was the last game St. Louis has played in a Rangers sweater (for our sake) and the last he's played in the NHL (for the fans of whatever team he signs with sake).

He's totally shot and that trade had to have been one of the better things to happen to Tampa. For Callahan bringing Stralman and Boyle, which strengthened their team and weakened ours.

Just like the Nash trade was the best thing to happen to CBJ. And the Yandle trade will be the best thing to happen to AZ once Duclair explodes in typical Ranger fashion.

MSL needs to be on his way out, guy can't get it done, painful to watch last night. Rangers need that dead-eye talent to make it work, like Kings acquiring Gaborik right at the deadline.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
MSL needs to be on his way out, guy can't get it done, painful to watch last night. Rangers need that dead-eye talent to make it work, like Kings acquiring Gaborik right at the deadline.

How?

We have no picks, two maybe three good prospects and no money.

Talbot will be trade for sure though.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Rangers window has officially closed

Don't necessarily agree. Our best players this postseason have been Stepan, Kreider, Brassard, Hayes, Miller and Fast. Those are all top six players (to go along with Nash and Zuccarello) who are just starting to scratch the surface of how good they can actually be. This year was basically a throwaway for McDonagh, he was never right from the two serious shoulder injuries he suffered in like a 6 month span.

I say we have 2 more years of elite Lundqvist and that alone is good enough to make a deep run. To win the Cup, probably not. But all you have to do is get in.

At the same token, the East is probably about to get a lot better with teams like Florida and CBJ entering the playoff discussion. Tampa is only going to get better from here on out. Washington will be improved if Kuz and Bura can finally be the secondary scoring to OV and Backstrom, plus Holtby is about to explode. Can't count out teams such as Philly and Pittsburgh with G, Voracek, Malkin and Crosby.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

They still have one more year of Yandle with his salary eaten by the Coyotes (no pun intended). They also get rid of MSL's cap hit heading into next season, so they have some flexibility. I'm not sure if anyone is due for a raise or needs to be resigned this offseason, but it seems like they're in pretty good shape. It's not like they have anyone they're relying on that's getting up there in age. Hank will still be Hank for another 3-5 years or so.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
The Lightning were the better team and deserved to win.

Anton Stralman leaving so we can keep Dan Girardi, god I hate this ****ing front office.

I'll be cheering for Brian Boyle and Anton Stralman, nobody else lol.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
How?

We have no picks, two maybe three good prospects and no money.

Talbot will be trade for sure though.

I hope you guys hold on to Talbot, but the team is ready for a cup with the exception of a few pieces so he may need to go in order to grab that final piece.

The only way a return is coming otherwise is if Slats finds a team desperate for veteran talent around the draft or deadline.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Why? What change during the off-season will make their team worse next season? I think this team will be together for the next few years, and there's no doubt that this team has the capability to win a Cup if they play to their capabilities.

Last edited:

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Why? What change during the off-season will make their team worse next season? I think this team will be together for the next few years, and there's no doubt that this team has the capability to win a Cup if the play to their capabilities.

lundqvist is the key. IMO they shouldn't have got past the caps let Alone the bolts. Lundy gave them the chance and if he's also next year noway

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Pathetic

The New York Rangers were eliminated even earlier than I figured they'd be. I thought for sure they would be eliminated next round. Oh well.

As I said before, loud and clear, there is no reason to be found anywhere in the Universe as to why the New York Rangers needed 5 games to eliminate Pittsburgh. :shakehead That was all the indication anyone should have needed to prove that the Rangers had problems / weren't as good a team as predicted / weren't playing up to their billing. Then Washington takes them to 7 games, and there was no reason for that, either. :shakehead

However, instead of listening to the sound logic I presented previously, people called me a "troll" :laugh: and compared the Rangers performance this season to the 21 games the LA Kings needed last year to win the cup. How silly! The LA Kings did not win the President's trophy last season. The Rangers did win the President's trophy this year. There is a big difference between the regular-season underachieving LA Kings and the Rangers who finished 1st overall. They criticize me for making equal comparisons, (Anaheim vs Winnipeg / New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh) yet then they do the exact same thing, but without first considering all the details.

Last edited:

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
The New York Rangers were even more pathetic than I figured they'd be. I thought for sure they would be eliminated next round. Oh well.

As I said before, loud and clear, there is no reason to be found anywhere in the Universe as to why the New York Rangers needed 5 games to eliminate Pittsburgh. :shakehead That was all the indication anyone should have needed to prove that the Rangers had problems / weren't as good a team as predicted / weren't playing up to their billing. Then Washington takes them to 7 games, and there was no reason for that, either. :shakehead

However, instead of listening to the sound logic I presented previously, people called me a "troll" :laugh: and compared the Rangers performance this season to the 21 games the LA Kings needed last year to win the cup. How silly! The LA Kings did not win the President's trophy last season. The Rangers did win the President's trophy this year. There is a big difference between the regular-season underachieving LA Kings and the Rangers who finished 1st overall. They criticize me for making equal comparisons, (Anaheim vs Winnipeg / New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh) yet then they do the exact same thing, but without first considering all the details.

Stopped reading there and so did everyone else. Sidney Crosby is good enough for at least one playoff win in a 7 game series. Which is exactly what happened. Crosby dominated that game.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Stopped reading there and so did everyone else. Sidney Crosby is good enough for at least one playoff win in a 7 game series. Which is exactly what happened. Crosby dominated that game.

:laugh: It's funny because that's exactly where I stopped reading.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ everyone get in here! ༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽

attachment.php

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Why? What change during the off-season will make their team worse next season? I think this team will be together for the next few years, and there's no doubt that this team has the capability to win a Cup if the play to their capabilities.

The biggest problem for them is I think the East is in a weak stage right now, there are a bunch of up and coming teams in the East...this is going to become very hard to get out of that conference in 2-3 years. This year I thought the Bolts/Rangers and maybe the Habs were the only legit contenders to come out of the East. Good luck in 3 years when the Isles, Jackets, Pens, Caps, Panthers could all be in the mix as legit teams.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Young guys aren't lacking for NYR, I think they need better vets. MSL is done, Nash is not a playoff performer, etc. Their D isn't great either, perhaps above avg. Trading Talbot will only get them so much, maybe one good veteran and a 2nd rounder.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00