Tampa Bay wins 2-0 in Game 7, Advances to Cup

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
It's an opinion based on watching the games and comparing the rosters. The Ducks and Hawks are both considerably better than the Bolts, top to bottom. It is true that the West is the superior conference overall, but that's irrelevant for the purpose of direct comparison.

Rangers fans said the same thing last year and got worked. I'm a Hawks fan but I think the Ducks are the tougher matchup for TB because of their style of play. I'd pick Hawks in six and Ducks in five. Vegas will agree.

So you have no facts to back it up only opinion. Got it.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
so did you even read what I wrote? Just in case: I said comparing rosters, player for player, both Anaheim and Chicago are superior to TB.

You're full of bluster now, just like Rangers fans in 2014...just like Bruins fans in 2013...just like Devils fans in 2012...just like Flyers fans in 2010. I get it, you like your team, but they are the underdogs. Sorry that seems to hurt your feelings.

You couldn't counter the argument so you went to hurt feelings? :help:

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
So you have no facts to back it up only opinion. Got it.

What facts did the other guy have? He is using isolated stats against the East to infer they are the better defensive team. Not to mention the habs and detroit were in the bottom 3 for scoring for east teams making the playoffs and gave up almost as many goals to the Rangers in 1 series as the Rangers scored in the first 2 rounds.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Not sure why people assume Tampa is an East team when they're on the West coast...

of Florida.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
so did you even read what I wrote? Just in case: I said comparing rosters, player for player, both Anaheim and Chicago are superior to TB.

You're full of bluster now, just like Rangers fans in 2014...just like Bruins fans in 2013...just like Devils fans in 2012...just like Flyers fans in 2010. I get it, you like your team, but they are the underdogs. Sorry that seems to hurt your feelings.

Ok so I'm confused. You want to literally compare player to player? I mean your first statement was that the west teams are better top to bottom. I countered that by giving you stats that says otherwise. But now you want to arbitrarily pick a player from each team and compare them?

You are making no sense whatsoever. Form a real argument with something of substance, then come back and we can talk.

What facts did the other guy have? He is using isolated stats against the East to infer they are the better defensive team. Not to mention the habs and detroit were in the bottom 3 for scoring for east teams making the playoffs and gave up almost as many goals to the Rangers in 1 series as the Rangers scored in the first 2 rounds.

The Rangers are a better offensive team than anyone the Ducks or Hawks have played. By far. And what kind of stats would you like to compare? We can get into regular season defensive stats but I assure you those lean towards TB too.

So again, more noise from the West is best crowd and no actual substance. Good stuff.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
I am weary...

This just goes on and on and on.

For you gleeful folk. The Rangers TRY to win every year. Clearly there is error in the equation.

But, not matter how much I hate ownership, they do try, every year.

Unlike many "unnamed" teams, the Rangers have tried to be a "player" almost every year, NEVER tanking ...and never receiving a top 5 pick other than Brendyl in the last 40 years.

GET IT! YOU NEED TO BE A TRUE LOSER TO WIN!

With Dolan, it will always be a "somewhat loser" and the Rangers will never win a Cup.

Too tired to sleep. But will have good dreams eventually knowing that your teams were absolute losers (on purpose in many cases) to get where you are today.

BTW, NYC is the best city in the world..:nod:

Good thing nice cities don't win cups.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
The Rangers are a better offensive team than anyone the Ducks or Hawks have played. By far. And what kind of stats would you like to compare? We can get into regular season defensive stats but I assure you those lean towards TB too.

So again, more noise from the West is best crowd and no actual substance. Good stuff.
Where was all that offense the first 2 rounds? Surely the Lightning could give up less goals per game than a team as injured on defense as the Penguins. 23 gf in 12 games in the first 2 rounds vs 21 gf in 7 games against Tampa. Either Bishop sucks or Tampa isnt as good of a defensive team as your shots against avg would lead you to believe. Im not even a west is best person.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Where was all that offense the first 2 rounds? Surely the Lightning could give up less goals per game than a team as injured on defense as the Penguins. 23 gf in 12 games in the first 2 rounds vs 21 gf in 7 games against Tampa. Either Bishop sucks or Tampa isnt as good of a defensive team as your shots against avg would lead you to believe. Im not even a west is best person.

Or maybe the style of play in each series was different? Maybe their offense woke up? Maybe TB had a couple of bad games too?

Take your pick. Doesn't change anything I said.

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
Saying the Blackhawks and Ducks have considerably better talent the the Bolts is absolutely hilarious. The Bolts have the best young talent in the league and this is probably the worst they will be in the near future. Better beat them this season, because they are only going to get better.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Or maybe the style of play in each series was different? Maybe their offense woke up? Maybe TB had a couple of bad games too?

Take your pick. Doesn't change anything I said.

Oh I see, now things arent black and white. Unless it is shots against average.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
They took it a bit far last night in the post game at times for sure. But at the same time, I'm sure you were in the group of people with zero excuses after the Lightning's 4-and-out last year right?

There wasn't a 30 minute Memorial to the Tampa Bay season after they got swept out either. I've seen significantly more press from hockey outlets over why the Rangers lost and very little about why Tampa won. I keep seeing how their offense dried up and nothing of the absolutely spectacular defensive clinic TB put on them in game 7.

I keep seeing how Lundqvist deserved better and nothing of the bounce back that Bishop had when it mattered.

Its not a fluke the Lightning are in the finals, it's not a fluke that they eliminated two of the best 5 goalies on earth and it won't be a fluke when they hammer whoever comes out of the West.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I honestly see TB beating Chicago. Not sure about Anaheim, but TB is a great matchup for Chicago considering how much they rely on their top 4 who has played a **** ton of hockey the past 5 years. I wonder how much they will have left in the tank. And if TKO is out there for even a second against Cumiskey/Rundblad/Timonen/whoever their bottom pairing is, the puck is in the back of the net.

Tampa overwhelmed Lundqvist, scared to see what would happen against Crawford.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Would love to see my guy Callain Captahan get his Cup, the thought of him lifting it anything other than a Rangers jersey is still mind-boggling to me.

On the other hand, Toews is my fantasy-keeper for the past four seasons, so no hard-feelings TB fans if I'm #TeamHawks

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
NYR roster was not as good as people thought. Their D, even at 100%, was probably only very slightly better than the Bolts D. The edge in goal was there, sure, Hank's great, but TB has better forwards.

TB's speedy forwards, Kutcherov, Johnson etc, had skill that NY's fast forwards, Hagelin, Kreider, could not match.

Metranger

May 22, 2015
NYR roster was not as good as people thought. Their D, even at 100%, was probably only very slightly better than the Bolts D. The edge in goal was there, sure, Hank's great, but TB has better forwards.

TB's speedy forwards, Kutcherov, Johnson etc, had skill that NY's fast forwards, Hagelin, Kreider, could not match.
I would have loved to see how things went with Zuccarello playing. You never know of course but still, he was a BIG loss.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011

The Ranger offense was so weak. Seriously 4 goals in 4 games in NY? I would love to take credit for it being all Tampa and their D. Well, Tampa's D did play very well but NY was so bad. Marty was a joke in this series and Nash was not much better.

Well maybe we will not hear anymore about game 7 dominance at MSG. That made me puke every time they talked about the past history as if Tampa had no chance to win.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Welp time to start planning for the Blackhawks.

Edit: Assuming no comeback... 4 O6 teams this postseason as Lightning opponents.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Rangers by the way had an injured Zuccarello who didn't play, injured McDonagh, injured Yandle.

And we still lit up Bishop like an Xmas tree.

Good series Tampa, you guys should hope Cooper has a plan for the Hawks/Ducks

Rangers didn't show up and our stars were invisible.

MSL a big reason 4 the loss

Good show, you covered all the possible excuses...

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Love the Lightning but... They're gonna have their hands full to say the least. Can't say I would bet on the Lightning, even if I really like them.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
They took it a bit far last night in the post game at times for sure. But at the same time, I'm sure you were in the group of people with zero excuses after the Lightning's 4-and-out last year right?

As a Habs fan, I can tell you from first-hand experience that most Tampa fans were classy and gracious after Montreal beat them last year, even though not having their starting goalie is a pretty legit excuse. They earned my respect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad