Tampa Bay wins 2-0 in Game 7, Advances to Cup

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
You're right. Things lined up perfectly in 2004, too. If we had to face Ottawa or Boston for instance I'm not sure things go the same way given the problems we had with them, the Senators in particular.

Yup, it's absolutely critical to get favourable match ups unless you're team is just a beast. That doesn't happen in today's NHL though with the cap. Montreal got 2 teams in a row they struggle to beat, whereas Tampa got 2 they can beat even playing like crap.

Great for Tampa fans, and their team. Happy for you guys since I like the coaching and strategy applied, I think it's good for the game. Get away from the 6 goalie system and into a free flowing game.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Everything lined up perfectly for Tampa in these playoffs. They got 2 of the best goalies in the world who only struggle against a couple teams in the league, one of which happens to be Tampa. You gotta be good to make it to the SCF, but you also have to get lucky and they got what they needed.

That being said, they deserve to be there. Full marks, just lined up perfectly.

Matchups in the playoffs definitely help, but I have no doubt TB can beat anyone in the league in a 7 game series if they play their game. They could just be here having gone through any of the other East teams just the same. And maybe those great goalies struggle against TB because TB is that good. Not just because random reason.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Matchups in the playoffs definitely help, but I have no doubt TB can beat anyone in the league in a 7 game series if they play their game. They could just be here having gone through any of the other East teams just the same. And maybe those great goalies struggle against TB because TB is that good. Not just because random reason.

Sure, but there are teams that goalies struggle against for random reasons. It's always been that way. Look at Price's record against Tampa, Buffalo and Ottawa, then the rest of the league. It's pretty telling, and it's not like Buffalo if a powerhouse.

Rick Nash 61

The Best
Jul 6, 2014
New York
LOL, yeah ok, salty and bitter much?

Oh and fun fact, Ryan Callahan still has more playoff goals than Rick Nash.

Wait but how many more playoff games has he played? Like 30?

Ryan Callahan has 1 goal and 4 points in this years playoffs. Rick Nash had 5 goals and 14 points. In the regular season, Cally is a solid 3rd line player. In the playoffs, he's not even that. And he's not worth nearly what he's getting payed.

Not salty or bitter on congratulated Tampa and admitted they were the better team, doesn't mean Callahan doesn't suck.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
The only thing I feel regarding [redacted] Hanky is joy at the window of his prime inching shut. Plenty of goalies haven't won the cup - this guy always looks like it was all everyone else's fault.
I get the same impression from the guy. Lundqvist says all the rights things during interviews but his body language on the ice says hey team pick it up I'm the best player in the world you're not pulling your weight. Speculation on my part of course but that's the vibe I get.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wait but how many more playoff games has he played? Like 30?

Ryan Callahan has 1 goal and 4 points in this years playoffs. Rick Nash had 5 goals and 14 points. In the regular season, Cally is a solid 3rd line player. In the playoffs, he's not even that. And he's not worth nearly what he's getting payed.

Not salty or bitter on congratulated Tampa and admitted they were the better team, doesn't mean Callahan doesn't suck.

See the difference between Callahan and Nash is, Callahan gets mostly paid to do the little things, and provide scoring when he can, like in that Game 6 clutch goal or set up the GW/Series winning goal against Detroit. Nash is vice versa, he is expected to pot goals or points almost every night and not do the little things.

I'll admit Cally has been way off in the middle of these playoffs but because he had his appendix removed. So his point production has been severely effected. But if he plays like he did the last 2 games, heading into the finals, Tampa's chances of winning the cup will go up a lot more.

A guy who scores 24 goals, and puts up 54 points in the regular season does not suck, it is just a desperate cry to convince yourself that you are glad you got rid of him, and the vultures are going to feed off his struggling which was highly due to his health anyway. Which is also a lost battle with that. But he is off to the finals, and the Rangers are not. Justice has been served.

Rick Nash 61

The Best
Jul 6, 2014
New York
See the difference between Callahan and Nash is, Callahan gets mostly paid to do the little things, and provide scoring when he can, like in that Game 6 clutch goal or set up the GW goal against Detroit. Nash is vice versa, he is expected to pot goals or points almost every night.

I'll admit Cally has been way off in the middle of these playoffs but because he had his appendix removed. So his point production has been severely effected. But if he plays like he did the last 2 games, heading into the finals, Tampa's chances of winning the cup will go up a lot more.

A guy who scores 24 goals, and puts up 54 points in the regular season does not suck, it is just a desperate cry to convince yourself that you are glad you got rid of him, and the vultures are going to feed off his struggling which was highly due to his health. But he is off to the finals, and the Rangers are not. Justice has been served.

LOL the little things. The fact of the matter is, Nash does the little things better than Callahan too. His defensive game is far better than Callahan and it has shown this year with all of the PK times he gets and the goals he's broken up.

Callahan's defensive game is overrated because of how much he puts his body in front of shots, doesn't mean he's good in the D zone.

Gonna switch teams again if the Lightning trade Cally this offseason?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
LOL the little things. The fact of the matter is, Nash does the little things better than Callahan too. His defensive game is far better than Callahan and it has shown this year with all of the PK times he gets and the goals he's broken up.

Callahan's defensive game is overrated because of how much he puts his body in front of shots, doesn't mean he's good in the D zone.

Gonna switch teams again if the Lightning trade Cally this offseason?

Keep telling yourself that when you tee off tomorrow, what time his tee time again?

You don't know all the reasons behind me rooting for this team, so lets just leave it at that. But thanks for making this more personal, and trying to bring me out in the open again with this, appreciate it. ;)

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
It´s about time the Lundqvist fan base feel the heat. He was outplayed by Bishop. He had the best team in front of him and still couldn´t pull it off - again! President trophy team and still missed the cup final. Truth is that Lundqvist is no more than a top 15 goalie and separates himself from no one. There are many goalies in this league you would rather have to win the cup.

I think Tampa's defence has been underestimated amidst all the praise for their forwards. Their D were monsters back there last night, including Carle and Coburn. Impressive that a team can play such a strong game in their end and keep it clean.

Congrats Tampa -- you guys are a blast to watch!

Eerily similar to the posts about the Rangers last year.

I don't see the lightning being able to put up the offence they did in this series and the two western teams are better at defensively locking down the game than they are.

The only way I see the Lightning having any chance to win the cup is Bishop playing out of his mind and Tyler Johnson goes on a tear.

Not Lundqvist's fault, see Lshap's post and the above tweet. The Lightning skaters completely suffocated the Rangers. This is on them and AV.

He's under a big pile of salt right now. He'll be back later.

Salted crow

Captain Mittens*

This thread is pretty reminiscent of when the Kings beat the Rangers last year. I guess nothing changes.

Good job Tampa. Your team has balls I hope you hoist the cup.

Tranq

Dec 13, 2008
Just saw the highlights. Lundqvist was great. Rangers forwards were shutdown. Pretty simple.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Rick Nash is a joke of a playoff performer, 10 goals in 60 playoff games. Media should be tearing him to shreds right now.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Jeeze, what a disaster last night was.

I was there and no doubt in my mind the better team won. And not just last night, Tampa brought the noise throughout the entire series and definitely earned the right to play for the Cup. I can see them doing the same to Chicago if they win. Their top 4 will have to be shot and if TKO is out there against Cumiskey/Rundblad/Timonen for even a second that puck is in the back of the net. TB overwhelmed Lundqvist so I can't imagine what would happen to Crawford.

I mean holy **** Johnson made that last goal look so damn easy.

Real happy for the TB fans on here. At the same time some people need to lighten up. I mean all their team did was when the East and they're being crapped on it because of it.

Go get my man Callain Captahan a Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad