Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay @ Washington...again... Wilson's Revenge 7:07 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
We have TJ Oshie and Justin Williams now, and people are still trying to shoehorn Tom Wilson into the top six. :shakehead

Not trying anything of the sort.

I said 'if lines go into the blender.'

Partly i was just curious whether the combo of 43 causing turnovers, plus playmaking of 92, might help jumpstart 8

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Actually, given what he has traditionally done to them, I think he would be the client, and Tampa the, uh, service provider

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I don't really care if he doesn't score as long as we win. Same goes for the playoffs. I'd rather have Ovi go scoreless the entire season and the team win the Cup rather than Ovi winning the scoring championships and the team failing in the postseason.

People seem to forget that at the same time last year, he had 14 goals and 12 assists in 31 games. He's pretty much on par with his start last year and he had gone 6 games without a goal from Oct 16 to Nov 2. So, relax everyone :)

i'm right there with you. I don't think he is playing as bad as some here, and the end result is we are winning games. I will happily take a 35 goal ovie, if 19/77/74/92 are all in the 25-30 range and we have a 1 seed.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'm pumped for this game. It's my birthday today and usually the Caps win their games on Dec 18 :)
I learned that I share my birthday with Victor Hedman. He's a stud, one of my favourites in TB.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Hoping for a win in the first Capitals game I can watch in nearly 2 months.

Last time I watched they were winning and Ovi was playing great, so maybe more of that again I hope... No idea what's wrong with Ovi at all because I literally have had no ability to watch games.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
i'm right there with you. I don't think he is playing as bad as some here, and the end result is we are winning games. I will happily take a 35 goal ovie, if 19/77/74/92 are all in the 25-30 range and we have a 1 seed.

Yes, we will all take a 20 goal Ovi if it means Caps win the cup, but why in the world shouldn't the Caps want to keep winning AND have an effective Ovi? Why the hell should it be one or the other?

It's a bit absurd to think that the Caps are made better by Ovi not scoring. It's not like he's morphed into a Selke favorite.. also, his added defensive awareness did not prevent him from scoring a lot last year.

If he's just coasting, we'll see hopefully a fresh Ovi in playoffs. But if he is struggling, then fixing it can only improve the Caps' chances of winning the Cup, regardless of whether they are continuing to win regular season games.

One better hope that the coaching staff doesn't subscribe to the absurd notion that "as long as the team as winning, bad individual performances don't matter".

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Carrick taking warmups apparently even though he wasn't listed as playing. Never understand that

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Glad the rescinded Wilson's absurb match penalty. Hope this will back the refs off

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
That was interesting. Tampa guy makes contact with holtby before tampa guy goes around and scores

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
A very weak interference. And Vlad skouldn't admire his pass with AO on the ice. Nice to see the captain trying to get his team going though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad