Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay @ Washington...again... Wilson's Revenge 7:07 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
Bought out Lecavalier
Traded St. Louis after he requested a trade
Stamkos will leave via free agency

Let us hope Hedman is their new captain.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The last time Trotz said he didn't want Wilson to change, Wilson changed. I think he'll be fairly passive tonight, and will try to draw more calls than he takes for a while.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Tampa Bad.
I hope Willy smashes Hedman.
Ovechkin must play better, or Barry should sit him for a coupla shifts.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Meh, this team is winning a lot of games. Who cares if Ovie is on the score sheet?

I don't really care if he doesn't score as long as we win. Same goes for the playoffs. I'd rather have Ovi go scoreless the entire season and the team win the Cup rather than Ovi winning the scoring championships and the team failing in the postseason.

People seem to forget that at the same time last year, he had 14 goals and 12 assists in 31 games. He's pretty much on par with his start last year and he had gone 6 games without a goal from Oct 16 to Nov 2. So, relax everyone :)

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I don't really care if he doesn't score as long as we win. Same goes for the playoffs. I'd rather have Ovi go scoreless the entire season and the team win the Cup rather than Ovi winning the scoring championships and the team failing in the postseason.

People seem to forget that at the same time last year, he had 14 goals and 12 assists in 31 games. He's pretty much on par with his start last year and he had gone 6 games without a goal from Oct 16 to Nov 2. So, relax everyone :)

I saw that yesterday. He has literally the exact stats this year at the same time as last year. Kind of weird.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I saw that yesterday. He has literally the exact stats this year at the same time as last year. Kind of weird.

And he ended up destroying the scoring race by a wide margin and almost won the Hart and Lindsay on top of that.

As for the game against TB tonight, just kick them while they're down.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

But last year everyone was saying "oh, but Trotz has made him a more complete, defensively responsible player and that's why he's not scoring as much". And in a sense it was true. Is that the case right now?

RaindanceMaggie

Sep 3, 2011
Vancouver
I still think OV is cruising and conserving energy for the back half of the season & playoffs. He understands that they have possibly one of their better chances this season and doesn't want to risk an unnecessary injury. He's shown he can take over when he wants such as the late game rush against Ottawa. His numbers aren't that bad and he was at the same spot last season.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Ok I'll admit it, I prefer it when Ovy scores. Winning is the most important but winning with Ovy being Ovy is MUCH more enjoyable. I think people saying they don't care are fibbing a bit.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Ok I'll admit it, I prefer it when Ovy scores. Winning is the most important but winning with Ovy being Ovy is MUCH more enjoyable. I think people saying they don't care are fibbing a bit.

Exact same, except with Backstrom.
Idc if OvI scores at all as long as we win

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Ovie will go 10 goals in 10 games soon enough and make his stats look more Ovie like

And don't forget he had about a half dozen goals taken back with stupid challenges

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

100% agree. I love watching Ovie score. The Caps, and hockey in general, are much more fun when 8 is great. That said, I'm not going to have a meltdown if we're winning and he's not scoring.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
The Caps normal uniform looks so plain now compared to the 3rd jersey getup. They're so nice, they need to make those the standard now.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Kuzy riding a little slump. 2 pts in the last 8 games or so.
Meanwhile Wilson is streaking with a major penalty called on him is 3 of the last 4.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
If lines go into the blender at any point tonight, one I'd like to see is 8-92-43

That could be interesting for all 3 players. Ovi being with two youngsters will force him to get involved more all over the ice. Kuzy being with two forechecking beasts will give him some space to operate. Willy being with 2 skilled players will help him offensively.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
8-92-77 was a great line but I just don't see how you can call for line changes after a going 8-1-1 in the past 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad