Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay @ Washington...again... Wilson's Revenge 7:07 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
sure...could be they keep Oshie rather than Williams. That opens a slot in the 6. Could be none of Burt, Vrana or Galiev pan out. Could be Wilson becomes a legit top 6 to take one of those RW spots and that opens room in the bottom for Barber.

Who knows.

Bura in two years should be replacing MJ. I don't see Galiev becoming a top 6 option, and Vrana should be at the same stage as Bura is right now.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
sure....odds are that happens. but it could be none or all three hit. when galiev gets to play I can see where he could make it. but then Wilson could take ice from them.

only time will tell

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I'm afraid TJ may outprice himself from Washington if he keeps performing like that. We'll see though, these 2 years are so important.

I'm not so sure about it.

Nicky's contract is like a ceiling for everybody else. The key player for our team - Braden Holtby - signed for 6,1M. Do you see 30 years old Oshie signing for more?

I'd expect him to sign for something around 5,5M (from 5 to 6). Depending on his stats, maybe. And that's IF he's willing to stay here.

Guy is not some magician :P He's getting benefits from playing with Backstrom and Ovechkin. Ovechkin, Carl! :D

So if TJ wanna stay - he will be around 6M most probably. Not that big of a raise. Like Chimmer-sized one. That's not some fantasy, we can sign him, I believe.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Oshie is having a career year for goals, but not points. He's been great but I don't think this season significantly alters what the league already knew about him.

That said, he needs to stay in Washington, play with Ovechkin for a five more years, win some cups and cement their legacy together. He's not going to walk into a better circumstance than he has right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad