GDT: Tampa Bay @ Montreal - Oct 27 - 7:30 - RDS / SN360 / 690 AM / 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And another game I'm going to miss. And I'm probably going to miss Saturday's as well...

So that's what a moderator does -- watches games in ... moderation. ;)

Fantastic GDT.

GHG!

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Checking in to say it's flattering to hear that.

Love the Tampa fans, hate the likes of Boyle, Bishop, Cooper, Johnson, Callahan etc.

Boston? Well, can't say anything nice about the team nor 98% of their fans.

Hope both teams have a spirited but injury free game tonight.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Love the Tampa fans, hate the likes of Boyle, Bishop, Cooper, Johnson, Callahan etc.

Boston? Well, can't say anything nice about the team nor 98% of their fans.

Hope both teams have a spirited but injury free game tonight.

The only thing i hate from TB is Tyler Johnson and Ben Biflop. And i don't even hate the guys. I just hate the fact they embellishment as much as our guys yet nobody call them out in the main board.

RandR

May 15, 2011
By far, the biggest test of the year for the Habs. (Pittsburgh was missing Crosby and looked tired in the 2nd of back-to-back games.)

Tampa is probably the closest thing to a consensus favourite to win the Cup this year, and that's the team the Habs will likely have to beat if they are going to at least get out of their division in the playoffs.

nhl.com's power rankings released this morning rate Tampa 1st and the Canadiens 2nd in the NHL right now. For Tampa Bay:
Hit: Captain Steven Stamkos has five goals in his past five games, including three in his past two.
Miss: Goalie Ben Bishop has allowed three goals or more in each of his first four starts for a 3.51 goals-against average and .885 save percentage.

For Montreal:
Hit: Forward Alexander Radulov has looked comfortable, motivated and confident, indications that he will be worth the one-year contract/gamble the Canadiens took on him.
Miss: Center Alex Galchenyuk has struggled with faceoffs. He's won 30 percent of his faceoffs this season.

Tampa is a superior team. For the Habs to beat them I think they have rely on team defense, starting with Price and then Weber, to shut down Tampa's offensive weapons.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Tough one on the back to back. Getting a single point out of it would be something. I like the statement by the coaches to save Price for it though, most teams put their starter in the first, to try and at least get the split, MT going for both wins.
That and also the fact that Tampa is the superior team than the Islanders, and this game is on home ice, teams like to ice their starters at home on back-to-backs when one game is on the road.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Great GDT!

For some reason, this is a team that gives Price a hard time. Hopefully this is not the case tonight.

Go Habs Go!

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Tampa's transition is absolutely lethal, the habs will have to play really tight in the neutral zone.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Thank you for the GDT. I consider it an honor even to even say "thank you".

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Tampa's transition is absolutely lethal, the habs will have to play really tight in the neutral zone.

Thankfully in the games that I've seen (not a lot, been working like crazy :() I've found our neutral zone game has been quite good thus far.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
A lot of folks are hoping for at least one point. This is a different Habs team from years past. I expect a win.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
We're due for a loss and a lot of people will be losing their minds over DD and MT in the GDT (e4)

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Early candidate for GDT of the year right there. Roy never fails to deliver.

Tonight we will see why Carey is considered the best goalie in the world.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Early candidate for GDT of the year right there. Roy never fails to deliver.

Tonight we will see why Carey is considered the best goalie in the world.

Back to back against a team the Habs struggle against is not a good recipe. I'm expecting a low scoring 2-1 game with both goalies standing on their head.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
A lot of folks are hoping for at least one point. This is a different Habs team from years past. I expect a win.

I'm counting on Bishop's bad GAA and SV% and the Habs good Goals/Game and league-best Goals Against Average to pull this off.

It's a new season and Tampa is definitely our biggest hurdle. But let's not forget last year we beat them every time we faced them.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Don't know why anyone would hate Tampa. Great team but not dirty. They beat us fair and square last series, yet their fans remained pretty classy. Nice city, nice arena (was there last winter). I want to beat them next playoffs, but if they win I'll be cheering for them to go all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad