Speculation: Tampa Bay / Los Angeles

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
That’s what I would expect to see if anything takes place during the season: something involving bottom six forwards and/or bottom pairing defensemen. I’m just not sure who it would be. Koekkoek I’m sure is available for the right price but he hasn’t been playing, I can’t see Killorn waiving to go to LA, and our bottom line has been playing well enough that I’m not sure why we’d break it up at this point.

Well Koekkoek makes the most sense. However they have been scouting our games when he hasn't played. Maybe one of Coburn or Girardi with something else for Martinez? Coburn has a 16 team list that he is willing to go to. Maybe LA is on that list and since he is a UFA he will come off their cap next year and the Lightning have someone to play the right side if Girardi and Stralman leave next year. I don't know what the plus would be. But maybe this could be it. Is Martinez an upgrade to Coburn?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Would Coburn, Koekkoek and a 3rd for Martinez be a trade that makes sense for the Kings?

Hedman Martinez
McDonagh Stralman
Sergachev Girardi
Cernak

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Well Koekkoek makes the most sense. However they have been scouting our games when he hasn't played. Maybe one of Coburn or Girardi with something else for Martinez? Coburn has a 16 team list that he is willing to go to. Maybe LA is on that list and since he is a UFA he will come off their cap next year and the Lightning have someone to play the right side if Girardi and Stralman leave next year. I don't know what the plus would be. But maybe this could be it. Is Martinez an upgrade to Coburn?
As a Kings fan... Martinez does not look like a replacement for any of your Dman when you watch the poop show that is Kings hockey.
With that said, put Amart on your TBL squad and he gives you another top 4 weapon on the blueline with a knack for timely, big time goals! Heck, I bet he turns into one of your better Dman and one of your missing pieces...

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

That just brings us back to the issue of how do we afford Martinez beyond this season? We could probably flip him in the summer but it’s a huge risk to take with all the guys needing contracts over the next couple years - if he gets injured enough to hurt his performance but not enough to LTIR him we could find ourselves losing somebody we REALLY don’t want to lose.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
That just brings us back to the issue of how do we afford Martinez beyond this season? We could probably flip him in the summer but it’s a huge risk to take with all the guys needing contracts over the next couple years - if he gets injured enough to hurt his performance but not enough to LTIR him we could find ourselves losing somebody we REALLY don’t want to lose.

No idea. Just throwing ideas around for who this could be about.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Would Coburn, Koekkoek and a 3rd for Martinez be a trade that makes sense for the Kings?

Hedman Martinez
McDonagh Stralman
Sergachev Girardi
Cernak

Coburn is playing too good right now to move him. He's playing the best hockey since his early days in Philly.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I can't remember if it was last season or the season before the Rangers were scouting the Kings like crazy and we all thought something was imminent. Well, nothing came of it. Wouldn't shock me to see the same thing happen here.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I can't remember if it was last season or the season before the Rangers were scouting the Kings like crazy and we all thought something was imminent. Well, nothing came of it. Wouldn't shock me to see the same thing happen here.

I feel like that happens a lot. One team starts scouting one and then that team starts scouting that team too and goes on for a bit. I'm sure most time nothing even happens or really even gets started.

Reactions: Reaper45

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

We've seen it a million times with TB and it resulted in nothing. ...Except that time we were scouting McDonagh.

The Kings are selling off. TB's probably just seeing what's there.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Maybe the Kings are looking at some of our younger players, like Koekkoek, to replace some of the guys they may or may not move out. It just doesn't make sense for us to take on salary.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Screenshot_20181202-155208_Twitter.jpg

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
You've got two rings, you'll be fine big guy.
I was in attendance for both cup clinching games. It's like making your first $10M, then $100M. You want $1B. :)

In all seriousness the Kings are wasting time with this roster with the exception of Doughty. The run is over, it's time to rebuild.

Reactions: KingTrouty and DFC

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Does LA have a decent goalie who could back up dom right now for low money?

Quick
Campbell
Petersen
Budaj

is our depth chart for goalies w/ Campbell & Petersen being completely AWESOME for LA in an otherwise extremely poor season

but if i were the GM of the Kings, i'd keep both goalies considering Quick's is one Gumby split save away from retirement

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think we're in smoke/fire territory, although it doesn't make a bit of sense. Seems like both teams need money.

TB could take on a rental, I guess. Any of those?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i wrote up on this was deleted or cant find it lol weird.

anyway i call this nonsense we were looking at la's two rookie goalies... stralman is resigning karlsson is coming

p.s. as far as whom we can move??? to guy in fourth postage here? We can move whom we choose to move we dont have those problems with ntc's etc...

bottom line we move whomever we choose always have

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad