Speculation: Tampa Bay / Los Angeles

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
073AF819-D5BC-4FA5-9198-8DADCA9FE237.jpeg

Wonder if it means anything. I would suspect Kovalchuk or Toffoli but Tampa doesn’t really need another winger.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Muzzin? he would look awesome in Tampa

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Could be Oilers and Canucks too. All three are at the bottom of the standings and have odds and ends that should be available with players coming back into their lineups. Too good a cluster of teams to pass up?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
What does Tampa need? They are a damn powerhouse already. Also what would they be willing to give up?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hard to imagine us in on Kovalchuk, but I don't know. Maybe if LA takes Callahan ++ back. But honestly I think we might need Callahan more than a scoring winger.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Not sure why we’d make a move right now. Maybe just looking at possibilities for the summer?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Got a feeling its like a JT Miller for Muzzin or Martinez and a small add, something similar in cap, but has term for Tampa as they have what, 2 D under contract for next year and have to resign Point this year, Sergachev next

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
TB forward for a Kings D is my guess.

I really don't know which one we'd want. Our only real hole is we need a righty to play with Hedman. ...Sort of. Even that's debatable, and we won't be able to afford anybody making money next year.

Doesn't make a lot of sense. Seems like Verbeek shows up at games now and then, but nothing automatically comes of it. Might be just due diligence on the upcoming firesale.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I don't know what it'd be besides D, but I also don't really feel like there's a move to be made. Our D is preforming well enough that I can't imagine really needing to address it right now at the cost of messing with the offense.

Only thing that makes sense is wanting to move Miller before the NTC, but that's a nice chunk of offense they're going to lose in the top 6.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Maybe the Kings are interested in Koekkoek? Young talent that can be had for cheap.

...Then again, we would likely have played him in that case.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We don't need anymore LHD. We are stacked just as much as Tampa.

Yeah, but, if there's really a firesale, wouldn't you expect a couple of them to move?

I just mean, it doesn't feel like LA (or anybody, right now) would have a whole lot TB would be interested in, or could afford. But TB does have prospects and young players. Maybe LA's interested, and TB's trying to figure out what we might be able to use.

I just can't see Toffoli or Kovalchuk being realistic for us right now.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Yeah, but, if there's really a firesale, wouldn't you expect a couple of them to move?

Yes, but we would still be stacked. Depth right now...

NHL:
Forbort (LHD)
Muzzin (LHD)
Martinez (LHD) [playing right side]
Phanuef (LHD)
Fantenberg (LHD) [playing right side]
Doughty (RHD)
LaDue (RHD)

AHL:
Brickley (LHD) [NHL ready]
Clague (LHD) [will get into games this season]
McDermid (LHD) [NHL ready]