Series Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. New York Rangers | Eastern Conference Finals

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Drastic times - drastic measures…

Triple the kid line ice time …. 22 mins

Bring in Brodzinski/ hunt over Rooney

Move Motte up to line 1
Agent Allan Walsh visited with the Lightning players he represents after game 4 and says “Their Tired”.
5 minute mark and beyond.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
try something different? maybe? why are we running the same top6 that has been dominated.... Especially the Zibs line.

Kreider Zibs Chytil
Panarin Copp Lafreniere
Motte Goodrow Kakko
Vatrano Strome Brodz

Still not over. Win one game. Whatever it takes.

Reactions: Nickmo82

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
We say teams need to gain experience and learn how to win in the playoffs. Is that basically code for learning which rules stop applying at which points in series/games and adjusting your play accordingly?

Is it just a “put in your time” requirement, where after a certain number of runs the refs just decide that your team has earned grizzled vet status and is now worthy of the benefit of the doubt?

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
We say teams need to gain experience and learn how to win in the playoffs. Is that basically code for learning which rules stop applying at which points in series/games and adjusting your play accordingly?

Is it just a “put in your time” requirement, where after a certain number of runs the refs just decide that your team has earned grizzled vet status and is now worthy of the benefit of the doubt?

I think the most frustrating thing is the first three games they called everything. Now the last 2 games they swallowed the whistle. Can we get some consistency for a series?

Reactions: CLW

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
1654895759830.png

Kravstov, it is time. Deliver us Lord Stanley's cup.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Today’s Media Availability. Dirty Old Tired, Tired Men Edition.
Ondrej Pale alot, Vic coff Hedman, Senile Stamkos, Mikhail Shakychev and Coach Jon Stupor.

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

It is 1000% that.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I will tell you, I was at that game. I know they generated some chances, but the Lightning bullied them. They clogged the neutral zone with 4 across for almost every breakout.

Dump, chase, hit, retrieve. They MUST do this.

Also, Tampa fans were OBSESSED with Shesterkin. Saying he flops, he sucks, chanting weird things throughout the game, yelling things on the way out. Dude is so good he has other fanbases obsessed with him on a weird level.
Lightning fans at MSG? You sure you weren’t drinking?

This is epic, existential.
I thought it was Kakko for a second lol

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Also, Tampa fans were OBSESSED with Shesterkin. Saying he flops, he sucks, chanting weird things throughout the game, yelling things on the way out. Dude is so good he has other fanbases obsessed with him on a weird level.
I mean, Shesty does flop and embellish, and has done so this series. At least the same amount Hank did, which was a decent amount.

Reactions: FultonReed

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Panarin
Kreider-Strome-Chytil
Vatrano-Copp-Kakko
Motte-Rooney-Reaves

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I mean, Shesty does flop and embellish, and has done so this series. At least the same amount Hank did, which was a decent amount.
At least the same amount as every goalie did. Like that’s just what people say when your goalie is killing their team. Other than the theatric Mike Smith, and Ben Bishop.

Even every skater embellishes. They’re running around on ice with other people running into them…who could resist trying to draw penalties?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I’d put Panarin on the 4th line and PP truthfully. He is clearly too injured to be of any use at 5v5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad