Series Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. New York Rangers | Eastern Conference Finals

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
It’s almost like teams in the playoffs are good, and can also respond to a loss. I don’t buy the lack of desperation thing from Carp, but I’m never going to be a Carp fan.

True but the rangers really do grind it out to the very end. Literally all but one series win in the last decade have taken 6 or 7 games.

Is there a team in any sport who has played more game 7s than the rangers in the last 10 years haha.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Im a big play tough guy but Reeves isn't supplying what we need this series. He did do it vs Pitt and vs Carolina. Question is without Reeves will Maroon run wild?
I think in a game 5 that is crucial Maroon won't be taking runs at people and risk putting us on the PP. Reaves needs to replaced for at least this next game.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
I will tell you, I was at that game. I know they generated some chances, but the Lightning bullied them. They clogged the neutral zone with 4 across for almost every breakout.

Dump, chase, hit, retrieve. They MUST do this.

Also, Tampa fans were OBSESSED with Shesterkin. Saying he flops, he sucks, chanting weird things throughout the game, yelling things on the way out. Dude is so good he has other fanbases obsessed with him on a weird level.

Reactions: Riche16

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
SATURDAY, JUNE 11TH | DOORS OPEN AT 7:00PM ET

We are hosting a Garden Party for Game 6! Purchase a ticket and join us for alumni appearances, fan giveaways, music, and more!

Net proceeds from ticket sales will benefit The Garden of Dreams Foundation and Covenant House New York to help offer all youth a safe place to live and heal.

If you can't join in-person, tune into ESPN to support the team from home.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
SATURDAY, JUNE 11TH | DOORS OPEN AT 7:00PM ET

We are hosting a Garden Party for Game 6! Purchase a ticket and join us for alumni appearances, fan giveaways, music, and more!

Net proceeds from ticket sales will benefit The Garden of Dreams Foundation and Covenant House New York to help offer all youth a safe place to live and heal.

If you can't join in-person, tune into ESPN to support the team from home.
Thanks got my tickets

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We blew Game 3 like we blew Game 1 against Carolina.

We looked 'around the same' as we did in other road games. Obviously the worst being Pittsburgh Game 4 and Carolina Game 5.

I do not know why people are surprised by it. We are energized by our home crowd and barely skate with any urgency, until it's dire, on the road. It is what it is at this point. Luckily we have 2 Home Games. I can understand panic if we lose next game. Even then, I wouldn't put it past this team to then win Game 6 and 7.

Hopefully it's a learning process. Conditioning plays a huge role. Let's be honest, this team ( our players ) were not prepared for this type of looooong and grueling season. Hopefully now they understand what it takes. You learn how to win. This is year 1. Where was Tampa in Year 1? Getting swept by Montreal. It would take another sweep, 5 seasons later, for it to finally 'click'. I think we're well ahead of the curve.

I know there's a lot of issues when it comes to X's and O's, structure overall and allocated ice time.... but this team always finds ways to win.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
To add to it... we have to score off of broken plays - simple hockey.

Tampa is taking away entry with possession and cross seam passes ( obviously there will be occasional scenarios where we can find success )

Simple hockey. Get the puck in with speed. Be the first to the puck and have support. Get the puck up high, with traffic in front. Broken plays+deflections+rebound goals. Tampa is now playing how they played Florida. You will not find enough success at 5v5 unless you adjust your game.

Also, please for the love of God.... hit Kucherov. You take him off his game/wear him out, your chances of winning skyrocket.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I will tell you, I was at that game. I know they generated some chances, but the Lightning bullied them. They clogged the neutral zone with 4 across for almost every breakout.

Also, Tampa fans were OBSESSED with Shesterkin. Saying he flops, he sucks, chanting weird things throughout the game, yelling things on the way out. Dude is so good he has other fanbases obsessed with him on a weird level.
The entire 2nd line forgot how to hit. The willingness to hit and be hit is part of what it takes to win a Stanley Cup and if the Rangers can't pick up on this lesson, Tampa is gonna grind them to paste.

I want to see a TB tik tok challenge. Wear a goalie mask, hold a tray of champagne flutes, slash them in the face when they aren't expecting it, see how many glasses they break.

Reactions: jerseyjinx94

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Tob Wins Consecutive Debates with EdJova, Says Momentum On His Side

After winning two arguments in a row with EdJovanovski on HFNYR, Tob says the momentum has swung in his favor, and he is looking to wrap up his series of pointless debates against his rival.

"It's a good feeling to walk away with two straight wins against that dude," Tob said. "His love for [Vitali] Kravtsov is ridiculous, and I didn't mind knocking him down a couple of pegs with sound reasoning and logic.

"Then, there's his love for really mediocre pizza," he added. "I proved that what he eats can't even come close to authentic pizza."

Tob knows that the battle with his nemesis isn't over, and the stakes remain high. He has put his account on the line; he will shut down his HFNYR activities if he loses to EdJovanovski.

"I'm risking it all, but I have confidence in myself," said the poster. "I need to keep attacking, keep working hard and keep arguing to my strengths."

Meanwhile, EdJovanovski is winning the battle of playoff post-game threads with Machinehead, as the Rangers have been an abysmal road team. EdJovanovski handles home-game PGTs while Machinehead does the road-game threads.

Last edited:

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
To be fair, we started that.
Nah, they chanted “Vasy’s better” which is dumb but not weird. Some fans were chanting things like “Igor is soft” or whatever. Fans behind me all game kept talking about Igor flopping, playing the puck, etc. Acting like he sucks and is overrated. They were leaving the arena talking about Igor. It’s one thing to taunt a player in the fans (I don’t, but whatever) but you have to acknowledge a great talent. I would never think Vasilevskiy sucks, it’s just a dumb to think or root for. It was a borderline obsession from the fanbase

Reactions: Riche16

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
have no doubt this one is going to another game 7. there will be a 30 for 30 on this team.
"28 games for the Cup"

Reactions: Devonator

HANK30

Why not us?

All the more reason to end their three-peat...

Besides, what do Tampa fans know about hockey? They are a mickey mouse organization playing in a mickey mouse city.

To remind us all - the Rangers in 1994 had several moments where things looked grim. Especially in the ECF. It's butt clenching time. Let's all find some sanity here and get ready to cheer the boys on in game 5.

True, but the 94 Rangers were a veteran team consisting of a lot of players with previous Cup-winning experience. This Rangers team is very young. The next two games are going to be a big test.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

Can confirm

They were chanting "Igor" or "Vassi's better" more than they chanted "Let's Go Lightning"

He's in their heads for sure and at times have been in players' heads also... need that to be a thing again.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
All the more reason to end their three-peat...

Besides, what do Tampa fans know about hockey? They are a mickey mouse organization playing in a mickey mouse city.
A) Orlando is the Mickey Mouse city

B) Since 1992 Tampa has 3 Stanley Cups to their name... 2 of which (in succession) came during the cap years. They're currently staring at a 4th and 3rd in a row.

NYR Have 4 cups since inception in 1926.

3 of which were during the original six years... all 3 of those were before the US even entered WW II

I wouldn't say a thing about their "organization" as a NYR fan. We would all kill to have that kind of organization.

HANK30

Why not us?
A) Orlando is the Mickey Mouse city

B) Since 1992 Tampa has 3 Stanley Cups to their name... 2 of which (in succession) came during the cap years. They're currently staring at a 4th and 3rd in a row.

NYR Have 4 cups since inception in 1926.

3 of which were during the original six years... all 3 of those were before the US even entered WW II

I wouldn't say a thing about their "organization" as a NYR fan. We would all kill to have that kind of organization.

Sorry, I’d rather be a historic original 6 team.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad