Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning vs Florida Panthers Game 1: Retribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Let’s see if Bruno fixed the PP it PK at all because we’re going to need it in this series. We seem to have an inability to stop Stamkos and Kucherov’s one time passes between each other. Toronto did a good job at that and they still lost.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Let’s see if Bruno fixed the PP it PK at all because we’re going to need it in this series. We seem to have an inability to stop Stamkos and Kucherov’s one time passes between each other. Toronto did a good job at that and they still lost.
Need Chariot to use this stick to block those passes

EF493AC3-922F-4697-8F44-046075E8465E.jpeg

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
The feeling of anticipation I get from this series is so different than the one I got from the first round.

First round was this nervousness that I just couldn't control, we were supposed to win going in and then we got a shock on the first game.

This time, there's an anticipation but it's like entirely positive. I'm already satisfied with what happened this season, it's not nerves taking over now it's just excitement.

That's me writing this as a fan of this team... if any of the Panthers players feel this way too and play less nervous? I like their chances. They just need to play like they believe they are world beaters and they will be, they've proven that they are all season long. Play your game, don't fall into Tampa's PP trap and if you can knock Fat Moron on his ass in the first period of the first game and take him out of the series the same way Washington lost Wilson, more power to ya.
I feel the same and it sounds like Verhaeghe and the players do as well:

The biggest pressure was to get one round win. No need to be nervous anymore with that pressure off

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
This is going to sound insane, but I feel more comfortable and optimistic about our chances this series vs the last one. Psychology is an enormous part of sports and I think the boys had to battle really hard to get over that “first round hump.” Now with the monkey off their back, I have a feeling they’re going to play with a lot less nerves/stress. They’re more loose. That’s dangerous for Tampa. That means we can just let the skill take over and dominate.

Cats in 6

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
So we didn’t need the power play before why now. The main thing is to protect Bob. Get the puck around the net. And no stupid passes that lead to breakaways and we will be fine.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Just watched highlights from last year’s game 1 to remember how everything went down in what was a great game (minus the outcome). Their 5 goals:

Shorthanded breakaway
Kucherov PP one timer
Kucherov PP one timer
Point PP one timer off Kucherov fake one timer
Point breakaway

Yeah I guess it’s not hard to remember what all needs to be cleaned up this time around

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
FYI Carter Verhaeghe has the most goals in the playoffs other than Mcdavid.

Just watched highlights from last year’s game 1 to remember how everything went down in what was a great game (minus the outcome). Their 5 goals:

Shorthanded breakaway
Kucherov PP one timer
Kucherov PP one timer
Point PP one timer off Kucherov fake one timer
Point breakaway

Yeah I guess it’s not hard to remember what all needs to be cleaned up this time around
Different Tampa team I don’t think they are as good or lethal.

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
More we need to stop Tampas PP we can score from anywhere anytime we we went 0-19 and beat the Caps in 6.
Yeah but can you really see them going far with a completely blunt PP? While it doesn't have to be great, special teams are usually quite important during playoffs. Sure we managed one series, but I think it needs to start producing to get past Tampa. And I agree, the PK has to get much better too, 70-ish % isn't gonna cut it here, coupled with a 0% PP they are screwed! Hopefully we see some changes and much needed improvements on both special teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad