Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning vs Florida Panthers Game 1: Retribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Btw, apparently the 2011 bruins went 30 pp’s before they finally scored one…and they won the cup. So hey, who knows. Let’s tie up the series and go to tampa for those back to backs and see what happens

I guess nobody saw that statistic… I saw it on TVA’s coverage the other night and couldn’t make it in time to tell you all…

A team not scoring a PP-goal in the first round AND advancing/winning in their playoffs series ?

Happened only EIGHT times in NHL history before.

Out of those 8 teams, SEVEN went to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Out of those 7 finalists, THREE won the Cup.

Crazy stat, and even after that game 1… Makes me pretty confident against those stupid Bolts ! :D

CRAZY STAT !!!!

Edit: @Gentle Man that’s the best odds I could do for you bro, 37.5% of having a winner and 87.5% of getting out of the East. :P

Last edited:

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
One of the issues on the pp may be the fact that between the point man and the 2 in the face off circles, between those 3 we have 2 passers and 1 shooter (either Ekblad or Duclair, depending if they got 5 F’s). Maybe have all 3 as shooters so you have a chance at any of those spots. Ekblad up top, giroux to the left, Duclair to the right. Then Barkov in front of the net (or Reinhart) and Huberdeau on the goal line. Ekblad to giroux creates a one time chance, Duclair to Ekblad creates a one time chance, Duclair across to giroux and vice versa. Or hell, maybe put horn up front and have one of Barkov or Huberdeau (leaning towards Barkov because of his size and strength to win puck battles). I know not having both Huberdeau and Barkov out there may seem weird and whoever’s left out probably would be peeved, but they don’t both have to be out there honestly

Also, while weegar’s been a lot better the past couple games. finally keeping it simple and by now surprise his play is way more steady and consistent. Also, he can just dish it off to Forsling and he’ll either make a good pass or skate it out of trouble, I always hope he dishes it off to Forsling because most likely nothing bad will happen when he’s possessing the puck. But Weegar should never see pk time. For D it should be Ekblad and chiarot, and Forsling with Gudas or montour.

only Girouх can probably play your plan... on the left side of the circle. Ekblad is just a timer, he absolutely does not understand and does not know what to do with the puck (not a playmaker) and if the opponent goes more aggressively at him, this is a loss (Barky is 200% better in this place) and we know Ekblad's bad skating and speed.
same about Duclair… good shot, but the rest of the game, and the fight for the neutral puck and the fear of his own shadow!!(again Barky is better...and a great shot, need a good and timely pass!)
and there is a question!: why is Huby on the goal line!?? for what?
I think the 5 forwards played great...the coach made a mistake in placing Ekblad! now everything is mixed up and plus the psychological pressure that there are no goals in the PP… 3 forwards (Giraud, Barkу and Huby) have to come up with combinations, have to find chemistry. Anyone can make a great pass, and anyone can throw a great shot. You can think of 2 P forwards, another time 2 L forwards in the middle and near the net (to confuse the opponent) ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot