Clearwater, FL
Unsustainable.?...

inconceivable.jpg

Reactions: jahbless

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I know it's silly but now I'm gonna basically contradict what I've said all thread.

Bolts #1 in score and venue adjusted scoring chance percentage. The shots they allow aren't as high danger as other teams and they take higher quality chances than usual.

My point is, that there are two sides to every team. Even the best teams may not look good in some areas.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
With that said I think the team is mostly sustainable. I think they will have a top 3 regular season record, win the division, and make it at least to the conference finals.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
I don't think so. They have one of the best #1C #1D #1G combos in the NHL...then add in another emerging superstar like Kuch, then guys like Johnson, Point, Stralman and Namestnikov and then all the quality depth guys.

As long as they're healthy, they're the cup favorites

The thing that sold me was Vasilevskiy when they played the Blues. He makes Allen look like an AHL back up

Reactions: jahbless

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Hard to say. Time will tell whether they peaked early... You want to be playing your best hockey approaching playoffs - we’ll see whether their best was behind them or still in front of them.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
This new schtick of yours is about as annoying as "everyone on the Lightning is the best player in the world" schtick.

He's just trying to save himself from disappointment if they lose. It can happen. It does happen. Part of what makes watching so much fun and entertaining. It would not be as fun if I knew the Lightning were going to win the cup or if I knew they were going to lose a series. It happens. Just enjoy it. Good times and bad.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
the bolts have steamrolled the NHL thus far but they still shouldn't be considered cup favorites.

Reasons they could stay at the top:
Play of Kuch and Stam
Point and Serg making major impacts
Depth at all positions
Vasilevskiy playing like a Vezina contender
First in league in gf/game and top 5 in ga/game

Reasons they could (will) regress:
Outside of top 10 in shots and shot attempts per game
Outside of top 15 in shots and shot attempts against per game
Due for a Stamkos injury
PK is garbage (middle of the pack while Vasi is on an unsustainable Po sv%)
Pp is unsustainable (#1 in NHL, bound to regress)

Do you think Tampa is legit or a paper tiger?

Tampa is legit. No one can guarantee they win the Cup but they have all of the necessary ingredients if they stay relatively injury-free.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I know it's silly but now I'm gonna basically contradict what I've said all thread.

Bolts #1 in score and venue adjusted scoring chance percentage. The shots they allow aren't as high danger as other teams and they take higher quality chances than usual.

My point is, that there are two sides to every team. Even the best teams may not look good in some areas.
No team is ever perfect.

TB is pretty close.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Their PDO is a little high, but that's what happens when you have an elite goalie and two elite scorers. They aren't the 2013 Leafs or anything.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Once the playoff starts anyone can win the Cup, or get to the Final, with a good run or a hot goalie.

That being said, if the Bolts are healthy heading into the playoffs I would have them as a favorite to come out of the East.

THAT being said, if the Bolts matchup against the Pens in a series, I'm taking the Pens.
Pittsburgh Tampa could be a first round matchup this year. It's cup or bust for both of these teams so might as well have that series right away. Pens have slept through the season so far but they will not be an easy out by anyone.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Pittsburgh Tampa could be a first round matchup this year. It's cup or bust for both of these teams so might as well have that series right away. Pens have slept through the season so far but they will not be an easy out by anyone.
It would be hilarious if the first round is something insane like Lightning-Penguins and then the second round is the winner of that series versus the Habs or something.

I do miss 1-8.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
For any predictions until after the trade deadline (March 3rd) you may as well use a magic 8 ball.

Intact

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga ON
I wish other people thought this way. All I hear about is the Caps never making it out of the second round even though they were the second best team in the NHL over a 2 year span

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad