GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Yep, neither Gryba nor Cowen (nor Boro, either, for that matter) have the puck skills to make any of the plays Weir did in OT. The long pass up the middle before nearly sprung MacArthur (I think it was him?), and the behind the back pass leading up to the goal too was money. He just needs some confidence to play on both sides of the puck.

He is considered an offensive defencemen so he is expected to make those kind of plays. An offensive defencemen that has 3 goals and 10 assists in 50 games.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Dude, Wier is the best defensemen on this team according to corsi. Can't deny he's very very good.

As someone who thinks that Wiercioch has been quite good at times since mid-January, I need to interject that Corsi does not in any way measure dumbass defensive miscues and terrible d-zone coverage, which is why Wiercioch has been benched in the past.

a) Wiercioch has been good lately, regardless of how you look at Corsi,
b) Wiercioch has been bad at times lately as well, which Corsi does not recognize, and
c) There is more to hockey than Corsi (and I'm saying this as a supporter of Advanced Stats)

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
As someone who thinks that Wiercioch has been quite good at times since mid-January, I need to interject that Corsi does not in any way measure dumbass defensive miscues and terrible d-zone coverage, which is why Wiercioch has been benched in the past.

There is more to hockey than Corsi.

I was infinitely sarcastic, I hate Wiercioch but apparently I cant hate him because he scored. Thanks for the course thoo really appreciated, you probably missed the last pages of this thread

Ooh Lazar*

Great first night here for me. Thanks for the warm welcome. Got into a little trouble but always learning. Any advice on posting on these illustrious boards would be appreciated.

Go Sens Go!!

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Great first night here for me. Thanks for the warm welcome. Got into a little trouble but always learning. Any advice on posting on these illustrious boards would be appreciated.

Go Sens Go!!

These boards aren't really illustrious. They pretty much let anyone join. Like me for example.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I was infinitely sarcastic, I hate Wiercioch but apparently I cant hate him because he scored. Thanks for the course thoo really appreciated, you probably missed the last pages of this thread

I was writing that post while that last page happened, sorry.

I'll try to keep my posts to under 144 characters in the future, so that I too can confuse people with short, context-less posts.

Also: when talking about a player who this board is completely split on, you need to use the sarcasm smiley if you are being sarcastic, because that same post by another poster could be made completely seriously.

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004

Go Sens Go!!

Don't troll other teams lol. Have fun and be respectful. Welcome

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I was writing that post while that last page happened, sorry.

I'll try to keep my posts to under 144 characters in the future, so that I too can confuse people with short, context-less posts.

Keep it under 46 characters in memory of Wierciochs only good play of the season.

Edit: ya I know for the sarcasm but I'm on my phone :s lol

BigBush*

Go Sens Go!!

Whenever you get the chance troll the other team!

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Dude, Wier is the best defensemen on this team according to corsi. Can't deny he's very very good.
I get that you have to cling to sarcasm to appear like you have a point, but nobody actually thinks he's the best dman on the team. Or thinks he's "very very good".

You have irrational hate for a player on your favorite team... cool. Whatever floats your boat.

DoctorDoak

Mar 21, 2006
Ontario
He is considered an offensive defencemen so he is expected to make those kind of plays. An offensive defencemen that has 3 goals and 10 assists in 50 games.

Sure he hasn't produced as much as we might like, but you ignore the fact his usage under Maclean plays a huge part in that lack of production.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I get that you have to cling to sarcasm to appear like you have a point, but nobody actually thinks he's the best dman on the team. Or thinks he's "very very good".

You have irrational hate for a player on your favorite team... cool. Whatever floats your boat.

I'll take it as a compliment, thanks.
And why the hell does that bother you???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad