GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning at Ottawa Senators - 7PM - SN1 - Last night a DJ saved my life

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Back to being the bottom feeders of the Atlantic. Ridicoulous.
There are members of "the core" that shouldn't be "core" players, Need players that compete and battle.

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
I like the forward lineups. Wish Zub and Chabot were back tho...
Tarasenko and Kubalik are both finishers. Haven't seen much playmaking from Norris since his return. I would've liked it better if Tank was on the 1st line and Joseph or Giroux on the 2nd. Giroux is a great playmaker, unfortunate he's not playing with either finisher.

Fotunately Tank's been passing lately. At least he'll now have the option to pass to Kubalik as both Norris and Drake didn't finish when he passed to them in the last game.

I guess we'll see how it goes.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
I'm conflicted. Obviously want the win and to get out of this funk but also want DJ gone yesterday. Never easy being a Sens fan

Reactions: xVolchenkov

Masterplan

May 9, 2022
Soul crushing loss incoming.

If you look at the standings, we aren't too far off, but what sets us back is that properly coached teams get loser points and the Sens do not.

So another year wasted. Oh well.

Reactions: Oduyanow

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I think we win tonight just from the will of the players

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I like the more balanced lines. It will be interesting to see the ice time. I'd like the balance to show up there as well.

Reactions: Icelevel

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

Megan Chayka - Sens 3rd highest dump-in rate in NHL, 7th lowest Expected Goals per dump-in

Sad that some people still think that the coaching staff is good

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Listening to the pre-game show on TSN. Chris Stephenson saying all the things many members of this forum are saying: We need a Jacques Martin style of play, stop doing dump/chase. Creech and Chris calling it as it is. Refreshing.
They give the benefit of the doubt until it runs out. They’re very fair.

Reactions: HSF

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Gord Wilson wants them to start flipping the puck out. Bro we do that all the f***ing time. “They’re still harping on puck possession”. I’m sorry but if THIS is harping on puck possession and trying to possess the puck then we simply have a talent issue

Reactions: DrEasy

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Gord Wilson wants them to start flipping the puck out. Bro we do that all the f***ing time. “They’re still harping on puck possession”. I’m sorry but if THIS is harping on puck possession and trying to possess the puck then we simply have a talent issue
he is too old school

its not how the new nhl works

Reactions: Dionysus

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
@Micklebot y axis would be expect goals per 100 dump ins. So how in more basic terms how many prime scoring chances we actually create from those dump ins. We dump it in quite a bit. And aren’t that great at creating from it.

That’s what I get. I could be wrong

I wonder if he’s getting the half wall on pp2
Love that last point... Dump & chase can be beneficial provided (a) it is not your team's only zone penetration method and (b) the chase part of it is real. It doesn't help when Sens Defence wait too long to dump the puck, resulting in Sens forwards standing still on the blue line. More Forwards in motion up to and along the blueline would help too. Pressuring the opposing D is the key to your "creating from it" point. I think I'll try to focus on this tonight, watch to see not how much they D&C, but how effectively they do it.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
With his elevated role and depth partners Sandy has seemed to dial back the offence again. I hope we see some flash tonight, but I get it.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't have high hopes for tonight, flu going through the team, 3 AHL dmen, and a Tbay team we spanked last time will be looking for revenge.

Oh, and no Greig too

Reactions: DrEasy

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
With his elevated role and depth partners Sandy has seemed to dial back the offence again. I hope we see some flash tonight, but I get it.
Part of that is his partnering. I'm not going to dump on Hamonic because he was forced to play up with Sandy instead of in his normal 5-6 role. That's a really big ask! Poor guy (Hamonic) also took that wicked point shot directly to the back of his knee (I think) on that one goal too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad