Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning at New York Rangers Game 5 (Lightning Lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Great game to lay a giant turd on. They might as well have taken off their pants at center ice and taken a big steaming pile of ****, because that still would have been better than this game.

Was there a single Rangers skater who didn't suck tonight?

Miller, Fast and Moore were all solid tonight. The rest of them need to look themselves in the mirror and man up for games 6 & 7.

Also, did Glass and/or Sheppard even play tonight? Can we get Bourque and Lindberg in the lineup Tuesday?

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I know it's hard to be optimistic, but remember what this team did last series. They're resilient as ****, and Tampa has to beat Hank in an elimination game. We just need to focus on Tuesday and get a win. I believe in this team. They're not done yet.
Ya but Tampa isn't Washington or Pittsburgh or Ottawa... They can't do this ******** every series and expect to win

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
How the hell is it the refs fault? God forbid we score on one of our billion second period power plays. What good is having home ice if you NEVER take advantage of it. First 3 rounds they split the first two games. Gaborik lifting it last year, great now we gotta see Cally, Boyle, and Stralman possibly lift it this year IF we don't come back? Rangers fans are tortured
This exactly! GO DUCKS OR HAWKS!

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Whoever says they didn't see this coming is lying through their teeth.

Tampa was going to make adjustments. I knew this game wouldn't be easy. However, tonight's effort and game plan was an absolutely appalling display. It's like this team completely forgot what won them the game just two days ago. Bishop just got the easiest shutout of his life. Can anyone identify a really great save he made tonight?

I've seen this before. Down 3-2 going into enemy territory in the conference finals.

I'm betting that Zuccarello goes in for Sheppard for Game 6.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
I don't think enough credit is being given to Tampa Bay.

They have a really, really good team over there. They aren't playing in ECF by accident. There's a reason they are here.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
I think Tampa is legitimately the better team. We haven't played well the entire post season. We don't deserve to make the SCF with our play the way it's been. I mean I hope I'm wrong and we win the next two but I just don't see it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Staal lost us the game. He is playing AHL-level hockey at the moment. On the 1st goal he decided to just cover open ice, instead of making a decision and his stupid penalties are not even worth discussing.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@GregBalloch: #TBLightning didn't allow a single shot get through tonight from an area that Bishop was beaten from on Fri.

94wasagoodyear

Jan 19, 2014
Its not that difficult to beat a powerplay that does basically this:

'Pass around blueline, dick around, dick around, pass down low to MSL, pass back to blue line, dick around, dick around, hesitate...SHOOT...BLOCKED!, CLEARED. Repeat.'

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
I don't think enough credit is being given to Tampa Bay.

They have a really, really good team over there. They aren't playing in ECF by accident. There's a reason they are here.

With this game, it had more to do with the Rangers being inept and not Tampa being better.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Whoever says they didn't see this coming is lying through their teeth.

Tampa was going to make adjustments. I knew this game wouldn't be easy. However, tonight's effort and game plan was an absolutely appalling display. It's like this team completely forgot what won them the game just two days ago. Bishop just got the easiest shutout of his life. Can anyone identify a really great save he made tonight?

I've seen this before. Down 3-2 going into enemy territory in the conference finals.

I'm betting that Zuccarello goes in for Sheppard for Game 6.

Me too, 2012 vs the Devils.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Oh. And Marc Staal is a total embarrassment of a hockey player.

I can't believe we're going to pay this ****ing sieve almost 6 million a year to be complete garbage late in the post season.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
If the Rangers somehow get out of this series and into the SCF, then I reckon it's all been scripted by Bettman.

Zaggs

Apr 20, 2014
I think Tampa is legitimately the better team. We haven't played well the entire post season. We don't deserve to make the SCF with our play the way it's been. I mean I hope I'm wrong and we win the next two but I just don't see it.

I think the Rangers have more talent, but Tampa plays better together than the Rangers. Sather just grabs pieces, square pegs for round holes and doesn't think much about how'll they'll work together.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
What I find to be the most embarassing thing is how similar all three periods were. 0 intensity for any of them. I'd really like to know what was going on in the locker room during the intermission. I guess the only answer is that they were content with continuing to pass up shots, get no one in front of Bishop, and to mindlessly pass it around the perimeter as if to play keep away. Can't wait to hear Captain McDumbass has to say about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad