Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning at New York Rangers Game 5 (Lightning Lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
At least if the Rangers lose G6, this can be the last game at home. Fitting end to another postseason run. The scoring goes MIA. Tip: It's impossible to win games when scoring zero goals, just thought the team should know.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Well that was pathetic. About the easiest shutout you'll see in an eastern conference final. Somebody should tell the Rangers as they played like it was the second night of back to backs in November. Pretty disturbing that is the effort they had for a game of this magnitude. Hopefully they are as embarrassed as I am.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
One of Bishop's easiest games this playoffs. Outside a few bits of epic pressure in the 3rd, his night was easy as hell, and this guy is clearly injured.

Disgusting effort. Is it a culture thing that we don't have any sort of killer instinct? Would it kill us to make it easier on ourselves by winning these games rather than forcing us to win 2 in a row?

I just don't get why we struggle so hard with this all the damn time, and it was no different under Torts either. It's depressing and a **** result for my dad's birthday.

Bummer about this game. I wouldn't say the series is over, but I ****ing hate the mindset of our players, the coaching staff, and the overall team as a whole. It's infuriating we can't win these games.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
From an altruistic perspective, arena revenues are maxed in Rangers series.
It helps with employment.
Rangers playing? Book for 7 games.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It'd be nice if someone, AV or one of the players, called out the referees. Make them ****ing accountable for this ****. Make them ****ing think the next time Tampa commits an obvious penalty. Make people alert to this embarrassing officiating.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
It's time for McDonagh to not play like a burning trash bag on skates. Let alone talk even more **** to the media.

O ya cuz all the goals against are his fault??????

One factor in every goal they scored tonight: MARC STAAL

The first goal he was so indecisive he just stood and watched stammer make the pass and watched they score.

The second goal he took the most ******** penalty of life... Seriously idk if Kreider would be that stupid.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
How the **** do you rebound and travel back to Florida after this brilliant showdown? Might as well bring some extra luggage for this one.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
First star of the game - The MSG ice crew.

And I will continue to say it as long as others accuse a team 2 wins from the Final of having no heart.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I know it's hard to be optimistic, but remember what this team did last series. They're resilient as ****, and Tampa has to beat Hank in an elimination game. We just need to focus on Tuesday and get a win. I believe in this team. They're not done yet.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
That's the thing about which is the 'better' team.
Mostly always, I think the Rangers are the better team, but if they don't win, they are not the better team.
The better team is the one that wins.

Until the next game, where we once again do not know for sure who the better team is, til the final whistle goes. Then we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad