Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning at New York Rangers 11/17/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
2014-15, After 18 games: 7-7-4 (18 points)
2013-14, After 18 games: 9-9-0 (18 points)

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
This was the worst effort all season. Everyone from the first line all the way down to the cotton candy guys were horrible tonight. What a depressing atmosphere. A big game against a very good team with three of your former players and you get dominated and skated out of the building? **** off.

I'm not a reactionary person by any means, but this is a kind of game where players get traded over. If the right deal is available, J.Moore, Hagelin, and Staal are on the block. Get to work, Sather.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
This isn't for lack of talent this is lack of focus and execution.

Terrible turnovers and blown coverages. We've scored plenty this year but we are making bonehead plays all over the defensive end. Dmen and forwards.

AV said wait till game 20 though right

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013

Win two of those shootouts and our record is perfectly acceptable, given how this season started.

This season hasn't been half as bad as everyone says.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm so glad we had Anton Bourque last year after 18 games to help them get 18 points.

Also glad we had Anton Orr last year to prevent blowout losses like maybe a 5-0 loss to Tampa last November.

Except last year the team was clearly learning AV's system. What's their excuse now. You make jokes but at least there are stats to back up the argument about Stralman, you just make silly jokes that aren't funny at all and don't come up with reasons for the sucking.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
But then there's also the home opener, the Islanders game right after that, and the Montreal and Edmonton games.

All of these being games where they didn't show any effort whatsoever.

The other teams get paid to play too.

Effort is subjective. Playing poorly doesn't mean they didn't try. Tampa scored early and dictated the game.

San Jose destroyed the Kings on opening night then got destroyed by the Rangers. The Isles destroyed the Rangers then got destroyed by Pitt and Colorado.

The most important part of the regular season is Feb and March. Nov-Dec is to gauge what kind of team you have to ice for Feb-March and April.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I'm so glad we had Anton Bourque last year after 18 games to help them get 18 points.

Also glad we had Anton Orr last year to prevent blowout losses like maybe a 5-0 loss to Tampa last November.

Seriously. I love Stralman as a player but his absence is not the sole reason for this crap. We had stinkers last season too. Plenty in the first half of the season. There's more problems than that here.

However something needs to be done. They did look like quitters tonight. Down 4-1 and it looked like they weren't even trying, like they were playing at a puck shoot or something. Absolutely disgusting. It's not the loss or even the score so much as it's the lack of effort and heart.

Something needs to happen. Some sort of shakeup. Because right now they look like a team with no heart that will just roll over and die.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The other teams get paid to play too.

Effort is subjective. Playing poorly doesn't mean they didn't try. Tampa scored early and dictated the game.

San Jose destroyed the Kings on opening night then got destroyed by the Rangers. The Isles destroyed the Rangers then got destroyed by Pitt and Colorado.

The most important part of the regular season is Feb and March. Nov-Dec is to gauge what kind of team you have to ice for Feb-March and April.
Thank you. Some sense in array of panic and complaining

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
For the record, I still think that this team will be ok. All that is needed is to get in the playoffs. Never know what can happen from there. There seems to be way too much of a country club atmosphere around this team. I understand that the team had been battling horrific luck with injuries, but something needs to be done to wake the team up and make everyone realize that no one's job is safe.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Seriously. I love Stralman as a player but his absence is not the sole reason for this crap. We had stinkers last season too. Plenty in the first half of the season. There's more problems than that here.

However something needs to be done. They did look like quitters tonight. Down 4-1 and it looked like they weren't even trying, like they were playing at a puck shoot or something. Absolutely disgusting. It's not the loss or even the score so much as it's the lack of effort and heart.

Something needs to happen. Some sort of shakeup. Because right now they look like a team with no heart that will just roll over and die.
Call up Miller. Send down Fast. See if Miller brings that edge that he is capable of. Putting him on the wing. Sit Glass. Play Duclair.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Except last year they had to deal with a huge transition to a new coaching style. This year they had a couple of injuries, but now we only have one. The team has flashes, but unlike last year since January where they played every game very similarly, I don't know what to expect from them. Looks like Mint was right about Stralman. It's pathetic that the coach and GM don't look or care about the stats that Mint looks at.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Except last year the team was clearly learning AV's system. What's their excuse now. You make jokes but at least there are stats to back up the argument about Stralman, you just make silly jokes that aren't funny at all and don't come up with reasons for the sucking.

I wasn't trying to be funny.

There is no explanation other than, I don't know, maybe, just maybe the other team was better.

Just maybe.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
This was the worst effort all season. Everyone from the first line all the way down to the cotton candy guys were horrible tonight. What a depressing atmosphere. A big game against a very good team with three of your former players and you get dominated and skated out of the building? **** off.

I'm not a reactionary person by any means, but this is a kind of game where players get traded over. If the right deal is available, J.Moore, Hagelin, and Staal are on the block. Get to work, Sather.

I agree. When the new players came in and we had the injuries, I knew that time was needed for the lineup to go back into its intended shape. But that's not the problem I see here. I see 10-15 guys who are too comfortable in their jobs and coasting most nights. I'm not one for kneejerk reactions but this team is in need of a shakeup. We need to make some kind of trade that will get everyone's attention, I'm even suggesting a 1st or 2nd line F or a 1st or 2nd pair D be shipped off. I'm not going to name names or who should go and who they should get, but we need to get people fearing for their jobs with this club.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Fair enough. However I think this year teams in our division are better. Idk if they can take as long to figure it out as last year and still make the playoffs.

And it's also troubling there weren't as many games last season to this point with such listless effort. Last year they were clearly figuring out AV but they were always crashing and always seemed to be giving effort.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst

It's a veteran team. They'll be fine. They know they are three or four breaks from having three or four more wins.

Stay the course. Panic moves aren't necessary after 18 games unless they were 3-13 or something.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Call up Miller. Send down Fast. See if Miller brings that edge that he is capable of. Putting him on the wing. Sit Glass. Play Duclair.

As much as I like playing kids, they need Mcdonagh back to solidify a top-4 and the PK. I don't see a call-up providing the spark they need. The vets have to step up.

But I agree that Miller should get a look.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Ok, no need to panic. The "big 3" got their revenge and beat up on us now it's out of everyone's system we can get to playing Ranger hockey again. LGR!

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Except last year they had to deal with a huge transition to a new coaching style. This year they had a couple of injuries, but now we only have one. The team has flashes, but unlike last year since January where they played every game very similarly, I don't know what to expect from them. Looks like Mint was right about Stralman. It's pathetic that the coach and GM don't look or care about the stats that Mint looks at.

Only one.

Only a 28-min a game Norris candidate.

In 2013 they were 8-8-2 for 18 points after 18 games.

Three straight years the Rangers are .500 after 18 games with the same points.

Stralman was there in 2013. Same coach from the year before. Same system. 18 points in 18 games.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Which goal was a kids fault or a replacement players fault tonight?

The brass line was a minus 3

Staal and Girardi turned the puck over all night

It's our top guys playing loose like they just are sleepwalking till playoff time

These guys need to wake up

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
It's a veteran team. They'll be fine. They know they are three or four breaks from having three or four more wins.

Stay the course. Panic moves aren't necessary after 18 games unless they were 3-13 or something.

Fair enough it's just very discouraging to see so many nights already where the effort is subpar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad