Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay humbles Bruins - Playoffs Slip Sliding Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

captain stone

Jul 10, 2004
Hershey PA
Marchand should be replacing Soderberg or Smith,not Eriksson. Eriksson may have missed 3 partially empty nets in 63 games. What would the record be? I think they won 2 of those games.
Eriksson misses 3 partially empty nets per week. He should not be the down-low presence on one of the PP units.
Lucic should be one, and Soderberg the other. Eriksson should stick to penalty-killing.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Is this a joke?

Josi would be the 2nd best player on the Bruins.
Voynov
Wiercioch
Stepan
Hamonic
O'Rielly
Chiasson
Silvferberg
Lander
Panik
Gelinas
Orlov
Tatar
Pirri
Faulk
Marincin
Toffoli
Jarnkrok
Zucker

I'm assuming you're joking and just made me realize how beastly the 2nd rounds were in those two drafts :amazed:

Dare I add PK Subban?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Eriksson misses 3 partially empty nets per week. He should not be the down-low presence on one of the PP units.
Lucic should be one, and Soderberg the other. Eriksson should stick to penalty-killing.

Don't bother. To BNHL, Loui Erkisson has never made a mistake on the ice.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
Well, since you said "period", I guess there can be no debate.

Unreal.

He could do an EXACT repeat of his Vezina numbers from last year and we'd have maaaaaybe 3 or 4 additional wins this year. Sorry, but not too many other goalies this season would've done any better with this squad playing the way it has this season.....losing 12 round shootouts, getting shut out, and losing games with 1 GAA are NOT on the goalie.

So you mention a couple
Of games and that's your argument??

Clearly you did not read
My post correctly as I said Tukka is as much to blame as he has been INCONSISTENT. That's the key word.

He's had games this year where he's been good he's had a lot of games where he has been awful.

Have you watched every bruin game this year??

I have and to say he has been steady through the full season is laughable.

Oh by the Carey Price has this team in front of him he's just playing at a much higher level then Tukka this year and has stolen game after game for the Habs.
Believe me they are not a consistent team at all, and make a lot of mistakes.

It's funny I remember everyone near the start of the season saying it feels like every time we make a mistake the pucks in the back of our net. That's because it was

And for the people who want to talk about he was
Lights out in the playoffs in 2013, you people forget he was almost outdueled by James Reimer in round 1 and after that the team was
Dominant until the finals.
He played WELL but did not stand on his head and took the team there.

If you wanna talk on a game by game basis what about the Ottawa game where he lost 5-4

Or the Chicago game where they were up 2-0 and he gave away a goal and took a penalty for acting like a goof which almost cost them and the team bailed him out.

Or the game in Calgary where they had a 3-0 and he couldn't hold it for them.

It's easy to go by a game by game basis.

Yes the team has had stretches where they have had trouble scoring and excuse me for looking to our 7 million dollar goalie to be lights out in big games.

By the way how did he do against Montreal this year? Or for his career for that matter?

He is not to blame for this year going the way it has but through the whole year he has been inconsistent some months he's very good others he's very awful

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I can't even pretend to have a conversation with a person who thinks tuukka has had awful entire months. Waste of my time.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
I can't even pretend to have a conversation with a person who thinks tuukka has had awful entire months. Waste of my time.

Okay fine we won't engage, but besides the Vezina playing in front of the best team tell me something Tukka has won as a starting goalie on a team basis if he is so elite?

The knock on Tukka is he can't win the big game.

So prove me wrong

By the way I just want to state because I think ppl are getting the wrong idea.

I don't think Tukka is an awful goalie. I just don't think this year he has been worth the money.

Ppl hear harp on the Pailles Campbell's the Smiths who are all 1. Whatever this season but you have no problem letting Tukka of the hook when he doesn't play well or let's in a softy...

Last edited:

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
What a moronic argument. In grading a goalie, I'm going to completely ignore the vezina, the highest individual award a goalie can win...and grade him solely on team accomplishments because, you know, the performance of the 20 odd other guys on the team has no effect there.

Led your team to game 6 of the cup finals? Doesn't matter. You suck.

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
What a moronic argument. In grading a goalie, I'm going to completely ignore the vezina, the highest individual award a goalie can win...and grade him solely on team accomplishments because, you know, the performance of the 20 odd other guys on the team has no effect there.

I know we're not supposed to comment on other posters, but when every single one of his posts at this forum ever have been about talking crap about one player in particular, Tuukka Rask, something is wrong. I'd recommend just ignoring his rantings. That account is created for one purpose - Trying to run Rask out of town.

I still don't know if the Bruins are going to make the playoffs or not. The team is so random. They might go on a streak now and make it.

Doesn't change the fact that Chiarelli needs to get fired.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015

How is it a moronic argument?When PK Subban won the Norris was he the best defensemen in the league?? No he just had good Offensive numbers.

Tukka won the Vezina because he played in front of the best team in hockey. Why do you think Khodobin and Johnson had career years as back ups with the Bruins??Because the team was really good. Now how are those 2 goalies doing?

This year they are not very good and Svedberg has paid the price. He hasn't played bad the team in front of him is just not the same as the other back ups had.

So as much as you want to say the Vezina is an individual award it has as much to do with the team as well.

Anyway my question to you was what has Tukka won in his career and you answered took his team to Game 6 of the finals. Which is not a win.

He has always been invisible in the big games. Not a good trait for a goalie you have paid big bucks for an extended period if time.

Like I said over an over. I do not think he is a bad goalie, just don't think he has been worth his 7 million this year.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
I know we're not supposed to comment on other posters, but when every single one of his posts at this forum ever have been about talking crap about one player in particular, Tuukka Rask, something is wrong. I'd recommend just ignoring his rantings. That account is created for one purpose - Trying to run Rask out of town.

I still don't know if the Bruins are going to make the playoffs or not. The team is so random. They might go on a streak now and make it.

Doesn't change the fact that Chiarelli needs to get fired.

Yes my account is here to run Tukka out of town.

I'm sure Tukka after every game comes on here and goes man that poster doesn't think im having a good year, I better ask for a trade and waive my NTC

You got me

bruin blades*

Eriksson has been very good the past 2 months not sure what team you are watching probably the most consistent forward on the team...if the others played close to Eriksson they would be winning more games

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Fine, I'll bite.....because I'm bored this morning.

Tukka won the Vezina because he played in front of the best team in hockey. Why do you think Khodobin and Johnson had career years as back ups with the Bruins??Because the team was really good. Now how are those 2 goalies doing?

More because they only played against scrubs and played maybe once a week. Extremely sheltered minutes right there.....helps the numbers in a big way. Now they're facing the big boys every night. Not even comparable.

This year they are not very good and Svedberg has paid the price. He hasn't played bad the team in front of him is just not the same as the other back ups had.

Interesting. So it's an excuse for Svedberg, but not Rask.

Anyway my question to you was what has Tukka won in his career and you answered took his team to Game 6 of the finals. Which is not a win.

He has always been invisible in the big games. Not a good trait for a goalie you have paid big bucks for an extended period if time..

My point is....you literally can't get to game 6 of the SCF if you've been invisible in and haven't won any big games. This is elementary stuff. Unless you think our backup goalies got us there.

Like I said over an over. I do not think he is a bad goalie, just don't think he has been worth his 7 million this year.

Agree to disagree here. There's nobody outside of Price I'd rather have this season, and no goalie I'd rather have going forward than Tuukka. He's single handedly stolen a lot of games for us this season, despite the down year in some of his numbers. Dealing with inconsistency and injury in front of him all year long, he's stood tall.

It's always something with the haters. First it was he can't stay healthy for a full season. He's done that and more (especially given the ridiculous workload this year in particular). Then it was he can't win a playoff series. He took us to the SCF and absolutely shut down offensive powerhouses, Pittsburgh in particular. Now it's "he can't win a big game". Seems to me he's won pretty much every big game except game 7 of the SCF. Sorry, but most of the great to elite goalies to ever play this game never won that one. Doesn't mean they weren't great/elite.

But keep moving those goalposts.....hater. (And please at least learn to spell his name right if you're gonna hate. It's embarrassing.)

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Yes my account is here to run Tukka out of town.

I'm sure Tukka after every game comes on here and goes man that poster doesn't think im having a good year, I better ask for a trade and waive my NTC

You got me

After the numbers Tuukka put up before his big contract, what would you expect him to get? As a goaltender in the NHL, who would you pay a big contract to?

Would you have let Tuukka walk? I refuse to believe that all the scouts and professional analysts that have pegged Tuukka as one of the best goaltenders in the world are wrong. The guy has single handedly kept the Bruins in the playoff race for the past few months. He's been playing great.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
Fine, I'll bite.....because I'm bored this morning.

More because they only played against scrubs and played maybe once a week. Extremely sheltered minutes right there.....helps the numbers in a big way. Now they're facing the big boys every night. Not even comparable.

I would hardly say Johnson and Khodobuin are facing the big boys every night.

Interesting. So it's an excuse for Svedberg, but not Rask.

Yes it is because Rask makes 7 million Svedberg not even 1 million so absolutly I expect MUCH more from Rask.

My point is....you literally can't get to game 6 of the SCF if you've been invisible in and haven't won any big games. This is elementary stuff. Unless you think our backup goalies got us there.

Yes you can Round 1) Almost lost to Reimer and team bails him out as Rask was shaky the whole series... How many shots did Reimer stop in game 5 for the leafs??

Round 2) should have been a sweep, but Rask falls on his A** in game 4, but Boston bails him out (thank god no repeat of 2010)

Round 3) Rask played well but team in front of him was dynamic al series.

Round 4) Again I dont blame Rask for what happened. Personally thought the Bolland goal was sloppy on his part but that is up for debate. He played well that series but AGAIN could not get it done.. Crawford did. However he played good in this series so I have no qualms

Agree to disagree here. There's nobody outside of Price I'd rather have this season, and no goalie I'd rather have going forward than Tuukka. He's single handedly stolen a lot of games for us this season, despite the down year in some of his numbers. Dealing with inconsistency and injury in front of him all year long, he's stood tall.

Again I would agree as Carey Price is on a level no one can touch. Having said that I do believe Tukka is a fantastic goalie and again (Ill say it for the last time) all I am saying is he has not been sharp all year (INCONSISTENT) and as much as the team has let him down there have been games where he has let them down as well. I hold this player to a much higher standard due to his contract and position. (Just the nature of the position, players can have off nights goalies can not and he has had lots of off nights this year first at the start of the year and now when it matters most)

It's always something with the haters. First it was he can't stay healthy for a full season. He's done that and more (especially given the ridiculous workload this year in particular). Then it was he can't win a playoff series. He took us to the SCF and absolutely shut down offensive powerhouses, Pittsburgh in particular. Now it's "he can't win a big game". Seems to me he's won pretty much every big game except game 7 of the SCF. Sorry, but most of the great to elite goalies to ever play this game never won that one. Doesn't mean they weren't great/elite.

Well again I dont consider my self a Tukka Hater as I have stated over and over I think he is a good goalie (top 10 in the league)

But to be fair to you I think Thomas had the same knock on him as well. Up until 2011.

But keep moving those goalposts.....hater. (And please at least learn to spell his name right if you're gonna hate. It's embarrassing.)

Ill end this matching your comment with keep your stick on the ice. Listen obviously people are going to disagree with other posters regarding players on the team and with a name like Tuukka Time I had no illussions you would agree with me regarding Tukka. All I am saying is I have watched every second of every Bruin games this year and to say Tukka Rask deserves a pass this year is laughable.

BTW can we stop with the trolling post, I mean really because I am not a fan of the teams goalie I am a troller?? Clearly people want to debate this fact with me and others agree with me but it hardly makes me a troller because I dislike a certain player. It seems all my post are about Rask because I get so many replies about it. some who agree some who dont.

Its all in fun as I am sure we are all here for the same reasons and thats a repeat of 2011..

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
After the numbers Tuukka put up before his big contract, what would you expect him to get? As a goaltender in the NHL, who would you pay a big contract to?

Would you have let Tuukka walk? I refuse to believe that all the scouts and professional analysts that have pegged Tuukka as one of the best goaltenders in the world are wrong. The guy has single handedly kept the Bruins in the playoff race for the past few months. He's been playing great.

I hate trade tuukka comments, because
there is 0% chance of us getting a better goalie, and he's not even in his prime yet, thomas started to dominate when he was 30+,
and it's wrong to put that kind of pressure on him, that he's not allowed to have 1 average game on the 2nd half even when our other players have pretty much ...... the whole year.
Look at what thomas had and what rask has now. Chara+seids+bart in our top4 (+mcQ now):shakehead

You just won't find a better goalie and his stats are due to the bad start we had. Everything went to ..... at the beginning.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Okay fine we won't engage, but besides the Vezina playing in front of the best team tell me something Tukka has won as a starting goalie on a team basis if he is so elite?

The knock on Tukka is he can't win the big game.

So prove me wrong

By the way I just want to state because I think ppl are getting the wrong idea.

I don't think Tukka is an awful goalie. I just don't think this year he has been worth the money.

Ppl hear harp on the Pailles Campbell's the Smiths who are all 1. Whatever this season but you have no problem letting Tukka of the hook when he doesn't play well or let's in a softy...

Remember when he got us by Buffalo in 09-10?

That season with an anemic offense like this season where Bergy/Krejci led the team in points with a mere 52?

Or shutting out the Penguins in a sweep, and getting us to the Cup finals in 2013 with a crippled team?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I haven't called you a troll to this point, but now I will. Why? Because you are clearly mis-spelling his name on purpose in your criticisms. And it makes no sense.

At least the "Sequin" mis-spelling has some thought behind it. I have not idea what typing Tukka instead of Tuukka accomplishes.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

That season with an anemic offense like this season where Bergy/Krejci led the team in points with a mere 52?

Or shutting out the Penguins in a sweep, and getting us to the Cup finals in 2013 with a crippled team?

1 player going to end up with +50 points and we blame the goalie, I like how it goes. :laugh:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I haven't called you a troll to this point, but now I will. Why? Because you are clearly mis-spelling his name on purpose in your criticisms. And it makes no sense.

At least the "Sequin" mis-spelling has some thought behind it. I have not idea what typing Tukka instead of Tuukka accomplishes.

Sequin was an auto correct thing.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015

Tell you what.

Let's leave it as is. However being a die hard bruin fan as I am I hope your right and I welcome your post saying told you so when Tukka takes this team to the championships and lifts the cup.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015

If you want to talk about players having low numbers you also have to take Juliens system in play which will also make a goalie seem
Much better then he is as it's a defensive system.

They don't play a run and gun game like the Tampa the Montreals Stars

Obviously Rasks numbers will look better

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
If you want to talk about players having low numbers you also have to take Juliens system in play which will also make a goalie seem
Much better then he is as it's a defensive system.

They don't play a run and gun game like the Tampa the Montreals Stars

Obviously Rasks numbers will look better

The two years I reference are 09-10 and this season, the seasons where we ditched Kessel with no replacement and Iginla with no replacement. Two 30 goal scorers just gone, to be replaced by scoring via committee! It didn't work last time, we knew it wouldn't work thus time. And THEN to top it off Chiarelli wrecks the D by shipping out Boychuk.

Julien's system undoubtedly restricts offensive stats. But this season and 09-10 I can't say the 50 point scoring leaders is Julien's fault.

I called out Rask the first month when he SUCKED by his standards.

Since then, he has been as elite as Price and done all we can expect. The team itself isn't carrying their end of the bargain.

And Chiarelli has done the opposite of what he needed to.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Tell you what.

Let's leave it as is. However being a die hard bruin fan as I am I hope your right and I welcome your post saying told you so when Tukka takes this team to the championships and lifts the cup.

With that there are 28 goalies you shoud be hating,

and please tell me how the ........ could you find a better goalie for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad