Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay humbles Bruins - Playoffs Slip Sliding Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Tukka Rask is just as guilty as this team. Poor attitude waving his glove after the 4th goal as his game has been so inconsistent ALL YEAR. A lot of ppl defend him on this board but he has not been good enough this year.
I have not missed a second of Bruin hockey this year and although he's not
Fully to blame he has been nothing but inconsistent all year.
Period

Well, since you said "period", I guess there can be no debate.

Unreal.

He could do an EXACT repeat of his Vezina numbers from last year and we'd have maaaaaybe 3 or 4 additional wins this year. Sorry, but not too many other goalies this season would've done any better with this squad playing the way it has this season.....losing 12 round shootouts, getting shut out, and losing games with 1 GAA are NOT on the goalie.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I agree. Marchand should replace Eriksson on the PP; maybe he won't miss as many empty nets.

Marchand should be replacing Soderberg or Smith,not Eriksson. Eriksson may have missed 3 partially empty nets in 63 games. What would the record be? I think they won 2 of those games.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Unreal.

He could do an EXACT repeat of his Vezina numbers from last year and we'd have maaaaaybe 3 or 4 additional wins this year. Sorry, but not too many other goalies this season would've done any better with this squad playing the way it has this season.....losing 12 round shootouts, getting shut out, and losing games with 1 GAA are NOT on the goalie.

16 games this year 1 or 0 goals scored for us.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
16 games this year 1 or 0 goals scored for us.

It was only a year or two ago when we had that streak of 70-90 (can't remember) games where we weren't shut out.

Man is that a different story this year. Oddly enough we have the same amount of goals as Montreal, who are in the running for the President's Trophy...

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on

Unreal.

The problem is, in BIG games, he's not a clutch goalie. Show me all the stats you want on Rask, but in big games, his stats read one thing. Loser. He doesn't help his team win, when they need it most. That's the Stat that counts. Rask doesn't have it.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
The problem is, in BIG games, he's not a clutch goalie. Show me all the stats you want on Rask, but in big games, his stats read one thing. Loser. He doesn't help his team win, when they need it most. That's the Stat that counts. Rask doesn't have it.

Think that's premature. He was dominant against Pittsburgh and Id argue the team let him down against Chicago not the other way around. The other two series he was good to great for games and the team overall took care of the rest

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

I mean, yeah, I guess you could say he isn't clutch, since he's only played 2 full seasons in the league...

But let's keep the dark "Rask isn't clutch" glasses on. I guess it's easier that way.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

He took our team to the Cup.

The literal two best players in the world did not record a single point against us. He led the playoffs in Sv pct and had a 1.88 GAA.

Career playoff numbers are 28-19 2.11 .930

"Unclutch Loser" indeed

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

EDIT: Ironically enough the only stat you care about- wins- well, let's just say Rask has a better winning percentage in the playoffs than Tim Thomas. That guy was super unclutch too, right?

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Come on folks, get real. Rask is only about great stats. He sucks because he cannot win every playoff series and score goals when the rest of the team cannot score. And of course any success he has is because of that stellar defense composed of borderline NHL/AHLers and broken down half-injured vets over the past two years. He's lucky to even be a starting goalie on this amazing scoring team with an amazing defense.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Come on folks, get real. Rask is only about great stats. He sucks because he cannot win every playoff series and score goals when the rest of the team cannot score. And of course any success he has is because of that stellar defense composed of borderline NHL/AHLers and broken down half-injured vets over the past two years. He's lucky to even be a starting goalie on this amazing scoring team with an amazing defense.

:laugh::laugh: :handclap:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I agree. Marchand should replace Eriksson on the PP; maybe he won't miss as many empty nets.

Eriksson has shown playmaking ability and IQ to be on the PP. They should not be replacing each other, they should both be out there. Smith/Soderberg are the guys to replace.

I like Soderberg's blend of size and skill but the more time goes by the more I think he is designed to dominate a Euro-style of hockey. Whether that means a team like the Red Wings, or back over seas....

Last edited:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Meh, I'm not the biggest Rask fan but I don't pit much blame on him, he's had some outstanding games this year, and just other games where he's allowed a softy, but def not his fault the bruins are in the position they are.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Eriksson has shown playmaking ability and IQ to be on the PP. They should not be replacing each other, they should both be out there. Smith/Soderberg are the guys to replace.

I like Soderberg's blend of size and skill but the more time goes by the more I think he is designed to dominate a Euro-style of hockey. Whether that means a team like the Red Wings, or back over seas....

Soderberg looks like a superstar from a skill perspective but he just can't get it done. He skates miles but accomplishes nothing.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006

Things will never change in here. If it's not the coach, it's the goaltender. I though that they were clear evidence that without Rask, this team wouldn't close of the 8th spot as they are. I guess watching games is not something that some fans do on a daily bases...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad