Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay humbles Bruins - Playoffs Slip Sliding Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
The two years I reference are 09-10 and this season, the seasons where we ditched Kessel with no replacement and Iginla with no replacement. Two 30 goal scorers just gone, to be replaced by scoring via committee! It didn't work last time, we knew it wouldn't work thus time. And THEN to top it off Chiarelli wrecks the D by shipping out Boychuk.

Julien's system undoubtedly restricts offensive stats. But this season and 09-10 I can't say the 50 point scoring leaders is Julien's fault.

I called out Rask the first month when he SUCKED by his standards.

Since then, he has been as elite as Price and done all we can expect. The team itself isn't carrying their end of the bargain.

And Chiarelli has done the opposite of what he needed to.

I agree Chiarelli has not done what he needed to this year and I'm certainly not defending him.

He was kinda backed into a corner this year with cap issues and injuries. I guess he went for it last year and we had some key injuries down the stretch that really hurt us.

It's also safe to say Seids Kelly have not come back as themselves this year and it's hurting the team.

This is kinda the good bad and ugly of the cap era and why drafting,
Developing and smart moves from a GM need to be made.

I don't know the full story with Seguin but it better have been really bad to ship him out as he is one of the more cap friendly deals out there.

I think people will answer for this year but that being said I like our core and to me our core is

Bergy krecji lucic (depending what he wants his next contract) Marchand Hamilton everyone else is fair game I guess

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
Looch part of our core, but not Tuukka. This keeps getting better and better.

As I said depending what he will want on his next contract but yes he is part of the core.

Let me guess your one of those trade Lucic for Taylor Hall people aren't you

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Tuukka Rask is having an off year, that said, his off year is better than most NHL goaltenders have ever had.

Rask is ****ing elite...

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
As I said depending what he will want on his next contract but yes he is part of the core.

Let me guess your one of those trade Lucic for Taylor Hall people aren't you

If you are part of the core, you are part of the core. Money doesn't enter into that view.

Last edited:

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
11th in SV% of goalies that have played 40 games or more.

Sure isn't his fault, Lundqvist has a .01 better sv% then Rask, and .08 better GAA then Rask.

You can't blame the goalie when your team can't score.

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
If you are part of the core, you are part of the core. Money doesn't enter into that view.

Also, as many in the Lucic poll agreed, even if he wants the same (6 mil, and you know he'll want more and not take the same), he's not earning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad