McKenzie: Tampa aggressively trying to move pieces

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Any chance Stamkos gets moved?

Like Tampa essentially won without him and he has a big cap hit. Also should hold value so Tampa could get some nice prospects back
He wasn't in the list of untouchables Bobby Mac mentioned so it's definitely not impossible. I think he's pretty far down the list, though. Maybe as a last resort or if they get a ridiculous offer. I don't think they're actively shopping him. Just saying that he's not unavailable.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
He wasn't in the list of untouchables Bobby Mac mentioned so it's definitely not impossible. I think he's pretty far down the list, though. Maybe as a last resort or if they get a ridiculous offer. I don't think they're actively shopping him. Just saying that he's not unavailable.

Oh interesting.. obviously they could move other guys but with Stamkos you could probably get a ready now or close to ready prospect(s)...extended the window as the team can win without him.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
He was impressed by San Jose's pitch when he was slated to be a free agent but that was also a while ago so who knows if he has the same sort of feelings about them now. I'd love the Sharks to take a shot at him if he is available and wants to be here but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up.

I agree San Jose would be a good destination disregarding taxes.
I kind of think that Tampa players don't really take paycuts.. they take tax break cuts and enforce it via ntc and nmc.
Accepting a trade to San Jose would then be him willing to take a pay cut (for the remainder of his contract)

Other than that though, your team does check all the boxes imo.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
For the same reasons, Dallas and Miami would probably also be good options for him. Less tax friendly, but weather/anonymity/attractive people-wise, Anaheim and L.A. are good places to be.
He'd look good (not to me personally,) in an Avs sweater. Rags seem unafraid of making big deals.

I think there are lots of places he could go and be pretty happy with his situation. That said, the chances that he moves at all are very low imo.

Dallas would be a decent guess if they had the cap room.

I don't think L.A and Anaheim are in a competitive enough state for him to waive for. If he had played this whole playoffs and contributed more. His cup fever would probably be satiated and he could join them out in L.A for the easy stress free NHL life.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Maybe this is the year an offer sheet works. If you can summon 5.5 AAV for Anderson why not 6-7 for Sergachev?

Reactions: Duck Off

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad