McKenzie: Tampa aggressively trying to move pieces

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
What happens when half you generation decides to get degrees in social sciences.

Is that how you REALLY think it happens?

You think half of an entire generation took interpretive dancing in college and that's the only reason they're complaining about the job market?

Or is that just an easy way to completely brush off the major changes that negatively effected the job market?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Meh again they have the cup...But this is also where they will pay for it....They dont call it the hardest to win for nothing

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Is that how you REALLY think it happens?

You think half of an entire generation took interpretive dancing in college and that's the only reason they're complaining about the job market?

Or is that just an easy way to completely brush off the major changes that negatively effected the job market?
Well, I for one got a social science degree and wound up making a career in a completely different field.
Ah yes, we should all get MBA and JD degrees instead.
Should prob get degrees where the jobs are.

This is a dead end conversation. You're gonna tell me how its the system that's to blame and I'm gonna tell you its personal responsibility. Round and round blah blah blah

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
For the record I was an RN making $40k a year and could barely afford a home in 2016... I got out of the field because I got sick and tired of 7 to 1 patient ratios with drug addicts screaming for dilaudid and nursing home granny dumps every day.

I'll still be lucky to afford a home making 40k otherwise.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
This is a dead end conversation. You're gonna tell me how its the system that's to blame and I'm gonna tell you its personal responsibility. Round and round blah blah blah

Ahh so it's just that young people aren't working hard enough.

Sure outsourcing and automation destroying most high paying middle class jobs COULD be used as an excuse.....but it's probably just that young people are lazy.

Should be include the fact that temporary foreign worker programs have destroyed any possibility of entry level jobs paying above minimum wage?

No. It's those damn video game systems!

I would also like to add that those damn, lazy, video system playing kids aren't doing ENOUGH for the diamond industry.

Reactions: These Are The Days

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Ahh so it's just that young people aren't working hard enough.

Sure outsourcing and automation destroying most high paying middle class jobs COULD be used as an excuse.....but it's probably just that young people are lazy.

Should be include the fact that temporary foreign worker programs have destroyed any possibility of entry level jobs paying above minimum wage?

No. It's those damn video game systems!
There's always sales. Companies are always looking for salesman and you can pay ALL your bills in that profession.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
For the record I was an RN making $40k a year and could barely afford a home in 2016... I got out of the field because I got sick and tired of 7 to 1 patient ratios with drug addicts screaming for dilaudid and nursing home granny dumps every day.

I'll still be lucky to afford a home making 40k otherwise.
Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
Calm down, guy. This is a hockey forum. Hockey.

tJm-k7.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad