McKenzie: Tampa aggressively trying to move pieces

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Even if players didn't have clauses to waive moving that much cap out right now appears to be very difficult. Maybe things will loosen up at/after the draft, but I kind of doubt it.

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
We're open to trading anyone.

Except if they're good, cheap, or signed to a good contract.

Come take our trash..

Apparently they're not working not aggressively enough because they ahve yet to make a single trade.
I mean a few guys have been speculated ad nauseam, but I personally was pretty surprised to learn that Palat, McDonagh and especially Stamkos could be available.

Reactions: Guttersniped

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I could see Palat and/or Killorn being dealt.

Johnson would be the likely choice for Tampa but it’s going to be tough to find someone to take him and to get him to waive.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I mean a few guys have been speculated ad nauseam, but I personally was pretty surprised to learn that Palat, McDonagh and especially Stamkos could be available.
You mean the three new jokers with full NTCs or NMCs on top of the three existing guys Tampa was already trying to pawn off unsuccessfully..

Reactions: Sota Popinski

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
What does that have to do with what I wrote?
I'm saying that there is not a single player that Tampa can actually trade that isn't on their untouchable list or, who doesn't have trade protection.

I'm saying that it doesn't matter if Palat is trash. The only News on this issue would be some type agreement by one of Tampa's 10 players with trade protection that they've agreed to waive.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
What a pointless update seriously....Like every team wants to offer sheet for those RFA's they don't want Tampas cast offs. Also Nobody should be trading for Stamkos hes injury prone with a big cap hit and its just waiting to be a disaster for the team that trades for him. I love me some Bob but these tweets were so damn pointless and obvious.....

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
You mean the three new jokers with full NTCs or NMCs on top of the three existing guys Tampa was already trying to pawn off unsuccessfully..
I'm speaking to my surprise at the report, not the likelihood that any of this stuff does or doesn't happen. Guess we'll see.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
What a pointless update seriously....Like every team wants to offer sheet for those RFA's they don't want Tampas cast offs. Also Nobody should be trading for Stamkos hes injury prone with a big cap hit and its just waiting to be a disaster for the team that trades for him. I love me some Bob but these tweets were so damn pointless and obvious.....
It's crazy that everyone wants the RFAs, and not someone like Palat who was far more instrumental in the run than any of them. And Stamkos, even though he's been overtaken by Point, is still a legit #1, top 15 center in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad