Rumor: Tallon given back more power? (TSN says yes, Viola says no..)

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
LOL, then stop with the endless assumptions, and guesses. Every time anything comes out in the media you guys line up to take it how you want to twist it to your opinion. You guys have no more clue than anyone else around here, your opinions are exactly that, YOUR OPINIONS.

Gonna be lots of sour faces around here. Not doing it the "right way".

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
LOL, then stop with the endless assumptions, and guesses. Every time anything comes out in the media you guys line up to take it how you want to twist it to your opinion. You guys have no more clue than anyone else around here, your opinions are exactly that, YOUR OPINIONS.

Thats every team, every fan, every message board ever... Or else, why is anyone here? To agree on every single thing that happens? That would be so boring.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado

You can't assume that nobody here has inside information about the state of the team/organization. I mostly stay away from topics like this because I don't really find them entertaining. Not trying to sound cool but to make my point I'll say that I'm friends with Craig Minervini and if and that's a big IF I wanted to know what's going on behind the scenes all it would take is me saying "Siri call Craig". Knowing this I'm sure there are others that know people as well.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
so now it sounds like other GMs weren't doing business with us because we didn't have "hockey guys" on the phone which is probably why Tallon is handling calls.

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
I do not share the gloom and doom.

Viola is the first owner in a decade, who is committed to winning a Stanley Cup. He treated Tallon with respect, pushed him upstairs and gave him a big "thank you" contract. This summer Viola listened to Rowe and went with the "analytics" approach with mixed success. He now appears to be correcting course, to some degree, by giving Dale more say. Good for him. Good for us.

After 30 games, the Cats, despite under- achieving expectations, are still in the thick of the play off race, at least, for a wild card spot, which is pretty much the same position as Tampa is in.

There is a long ways to go...

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

Viola is the first owner in a decade, who is committed to winning a Stanley Cup. He treated Tallon with respect, pushed him upstairs and gave him a big "thank you" contract. This summer Viola listened to Rowe and went with the "analytics" approach with mixed success. He now appears to be correcting course, to some degree, by giving Dale more say. Good for him. Good for us.

After 30 games, the Cats, despite under- achieving expectations, are still in the thick of the play off race, at least, for a wild card spot, which is pretty much the same position as Tampa is in.

Plus, you couldn't really say even if we were in first place in the division that the analytics approach worked. Too small of a sample size either way if we're being fair.

It's odd that some forget how bad our previous owners were.

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
Plus, you couldn't really say even if we were in first place in the division that the analytics approach worked. Too small of a sample size either way if we're being fair.

It's odd that some forget how bad our previous owners were.

Agree.

Despite the small sample size, one thing that is apparent is that Viola understands how to play the cap. With 20-20 hindsight, it was a smart move to dump a really bad contract onto Arizona even, at the price of Crouse, who is hardly setting the world on fire. The Guds and Kulikov trades reflected the decision that they were not worth resigning for the money that it would take and it was better to trade them in return for valuable assets last summer as opposed to getting nothing at the end of the this season. With our core signed long-term, the Cats look to be in pretty good shape from a cap perspective.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

If they get off of this "playing like the Penguins" shtick everything would be fine. Concerning Viola, he doesn't have to be committed or not committed, just don't interfere. That's all owners have to do, let the experts do their job and don't interfere, everything else as far as their on the field/ice contribution is irrelevant. That is an owner committed to winning, nothing else.

Ekblast

"We're still learning." -Coach Brunette.
Nov 9, 2002
Flori-duh
www.Reddit.com

Actually no. Right now we're two points out of Top-3 in Atlantic and 8 points out of a wild card. Placing top 3 is our best bet.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
you know the talk about other GMs not wanting to talk trade because it was going through "non hockey" guys like Joyce and Werier got me thinking. It's not exactly the same, but what about Chayka out in Arizona? He is majorly a stats guy and aside from playing Junior A, he didn't have some great hockey career nor is he part of the old boys club. Are GMs not wanting to talk to him as well? Something just seems off about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad