Rumor: Tallon given back more power? (TSN says yes, Viola says no..)

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

Hopefully will confirm locally but according to Dreger it is happening.

Don't believe it. Too good to be true.

It would be hilarious tho if he did step back in and Gallant came back. Altho there is zero chance he would

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Welcome back Gudbranson if true ;) just kidding

Oh the analytics people will lose it.

#1 character is back

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

:laugh:

Sports24-7

Feb 19, 2007
This is really strange because wasn't the point of axing Gallant to move in the direction Rowe wanted? Now they're moving in the direction Tallon wants? I don't disagree with the idea here, I just don't get it, and makes me question the leadership of the organization even more.

I wonder how/if this will change anything. Could just be a PR move.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
This is really strange because wasn't the point of axing Gallant to move in the direction Rowe wanted? Now they're moving in the direction Tallon wants? I don't disagree with the idea here, I just don't get it, and makes me question the leadership of the organization even more.

I wonder how/if this will change anything. Could just be a PR move.

It could be that they actually listened to Bill Torrey? I could never see him being an analytics guy

Nah. Owners been reading HFboards ;)

Now if we could just get confirmation

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Harvey has no clue about this.. so it could very well be true

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Maybe it was my response to the Panthers survey regarding the season and if I will renew. I slammed the organization, Rowe, Kindl, Thompson, Rau and I just couldn't list everything. There is a scintilla of a chance that I will return, after 17 years of being a season ticket holder.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Personally I think player sentiment was probably anti-Rowe. Good to have some respectability back in charge. Will be interesting to see the player response tomorrow night.

Sports24-7

Feb 19, 2007
Ownership finally realized they were in over their heads and frankly, flat out wrong.

Hopefully. The worst thing would them to continue going back and forth. They've already proven this year that they are easily swayed.

If that's the case, though, what happens with Rowe? It seems like you have the same issue with Gallant coaching under a bad fit, with Rowe coaching under a Tallon controlled franchise.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Has this team ever been this much of a cluster****? I mean, they've had their down points, but this is ridiculous. It's unfair to us as fans to have to put up with this circus.

I've never been a huge fan of Tallon, but he at least represented a singular focus and direction for the team. The new owners just completely screwed that up. I don't care if last year was an anomaly, at worst it was and this year would have proven that -- and it couldn't have been any worse than what we actually have this year. At best? The team last year was for real and we'd be a playoff team right now.

The owners really dropped the ball and they need to step back, get off Twitter, and let the hockey people get back to it.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Great news! Let's get things back on track and hopefully the players will respond in a good way aswell.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Maybe it was my response to the Panthers survey regarding the season and if I will renew. I slammed the organization, Rowe, Kindl, Thompson, Rau and I just couldn't list everything. There is a scintilla of a chance that I will return, after 17 years of being a season ticket holder.

2nd this post. I did not hold back on the survey and I really hope this is the result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad